LOPURS Dual SIM Adapter

Search This thread

Ed Murray

After watching a bunch of Youtube video's, reading a bunch of articles and websites, etc about these adapters, I ordered one that is LTE compatible, and simply adds one more SIM to your phone. The app to change SIMS comes with the adapter as well.

Does anyone have any experience with these here? I'd like to hear peoples opinions and reactions to them, good or bad.

The reason I want one:

T-mobile has horrible service in my area, but has WIFI calling and works approximately 1/8 of the places I frequent.
AT&T is my Main carrier, as they have the best GSM service in my area, none of which are available where I live. Verizon is the only carrier that I can get at my house and I refuse to use them.
So, because I currently have a T-mobile Prepaid and AT&T Prepaid accounts active on two phones, I would like to use them both on my Note 3, primarily because my Note 3 has WIFI calling (HyperDrive T-Mobile ROM).
My plan is to use AT&T 95% of the time, but while home, switch to TMO and WIFI calling and forward my AT&T number to it. Sounds pretty in depth, but one phone is for work, the other is mine and I have to have them both anyhow. I mine as well make the best of it and not carry two phones as well. This way I can also USE my phone while home, because if you have ever used WIFI calling from TMO, you know it rocks :)

Thank you

Reactions: QlimaxWarex

KosanRio

Feb 10, 2012
Would like to know about this as well.
Also curious if it could be squeezed into a ZeroLemon battery case or not.

Ed Murray

OK so I received this today. I immediately installed it, which was easy enough. You simply slide this adapter under your simcard while pushing it into your phones SIM slot.
My biggest concern was if it would work with LTE service, since most I found on line would not guarantee. Well, it works with LTE on AT&T and TMO just fine for me. When you install this adapter and boot up, the adapter installs an apk called SimTools.
This is the app that allows you to switch SIMs and it works well also, but I have noticed that for it to work perfect, you need to reboot after each switch or it will not update operator info. I need to test this more to be sure though. It also has a feature called Auto S/W which seems to be a auto SIM switching feature. This came with no information to read into, so I'm not sure and need to run some tests to figure it out. So far, it serves the exact purpose I needed it to, and cost less than $10 shipped. I would say that its a win/win situation. I need to run some real world tests on this and when I do, I will update the thread. For now, if you need simple, basic Dual SIM support, this is what you're looking for.

I'll add that I'm running CyanogenMOD 11 on a Note3 and have not tested this on a Samsung Touchwiz device. I have seen some complaints that the apk bundled with these adapters may have issues on some phones/versions of Android. Some research is suggested before purchasing, but its cheap enough to try anyway.

Good luck

Edit: This fits fine under the backplate of a Note3 using a stock battery and Qi adapter for wireless charging OR when using an extended battery like ZeroLemon because it has a long ribbon cable that can be folded around corners. I tested it with the ZeroLemon battery/case and it works fine.

Last edited:

magnum68

Sep 26, 2009
OK so I received this today. I immediately installed it, which was easy enough. You simply slide this adapter under your simcard while pushing it into your phones SIM slot.
My biggest concern was if it would work with LTE service, since most I found on line would not guarantee. Well, it works with LTE on AT&T and TMO just fine for me. When you install this adapter and boot up, the adapter installs an apk called SimTools.
This is the app that allows you to switch SIMs and it works well also, but I have noticed that for it to work perfect, you need to reboot after each switch or it will not update operator info. I need to test this more to be sure though. It also has a feature called Auto S/W which seems to be a auto SIM switching feature. This came with no information to read into, so I'm not sure and need to run some tests to figure it out. So far, it serves the exact purpose I needed it to, and cost less than $10 shipped. I would say that its a win/win situation. I need to run some real world tests on this and when I do, I will update the thread. For now, if you need simple, basic Dual SIM support, this is what you're looking for.

I'll add that I'm running CyanogenMOD 11 on a Note3 and have not tested this on a Samsung Touchwiz device. I have seen some complaints that the apk bundled with these adapters may have issues on some phones/versions of Android. Some research is suggested before purchasing, but its cheap enough to try anyway.

Good luck

Edit: This fits fine under the backplate of a Note3 using a stock battery and Qi adapter for wireless charging OR when using an extended battery like ZeroLemon because it has a long ribbon cable that can be folded around corners. I tested it with the ZeroLemon battery/case and it works fine.

Hi Ed and thanks for posting your experience with this dual SIM adapter. Can you tell me if it's still holding up? I want to get one of them.

Thanks,
magnum68

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Good luck

After watching a bunch of Youtube video's, reading a bunch of articles and websites, etc about these adapters, I ordered one that is LTE compatible, and simply adds one more SIM to your phone. The app to change SIMS comes with the adapter as well.

Does anyone have any experience with these here? I'd like to hear peoples opinions and reactions to them, good or bad.

The reason I want one:

T-mobile has horrible service in my area, but has WIFI calling and works approximately 1/8 of the places I frequent.
    AT&T is my Main carrier, as they have the best GSM service in my area, none of which are available where I live. Verizon is the only carrier that I can get at my house and I refuse to use them.
    So, because I currently have a T-mobile Prepaid and AT&T Prepaid accounts active on two phones, I would like to use them both on my Note 3, primarily because my Note 3 has WIFI calling (HyperDrive T-Mobile ROM).
    My plan is to use AT&T 95% of the time, but while home, switch to TMO and WIFI calling and forward my AT&T number to it. Sounds pretty in depth, but one phone is for work, the other is mine and I have to have them both anyhow. I mine as well make the best of it and not carry two phones as well. This way I can also USE my phone while home, because if you have ever used WIFI calling from TMO, you know it rocks :)

Thank you