Soon we will have VoLTE!!!

Search This thread

animal7296

Dec 4, 2009
Salt Lake City, UT.
I'm excited. I just wonder which devices will be able to use the tech. My account has 2 s4s a note 2 (soon a note 4) and an s5. I'm sure the s5 and note 4 will be able to but the rest I'm not sure.

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Same here, I have no desire for video chat... Absolutely none what so ever.:eek:

Video chat I'm sure we'll be optional. It's not a paid service from what I understand. You just have the option of using it if you want to.

blulite

Aug 28, 2010
What am in missing here? I have voice now, I'll have voice later, just over the LTE waves? It's not like my data where I get faster thruput, i still just get to make a phone call.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ldeveraux

Sum Dumb Guy

May 10, 2013
What am in missing here? I have voice now, I'll have voice later, just over the LTE waves? It's not like my data where I get faster thruput, i still just get to make a phone call.

wooo hooo...:rolleyes:

HD voice only if you're calling another verizon customer with a compatible phone. so really it won't affect any of my phone calls. Not an interest until all providers are connected.

cbrehob

Jan 9, 2012
Sounds good. But it will definitely require a serious OTA because I've heard of nothing being already developed in the S5 for this feature. Expect Verizon to mess with root.

Razzzzer

Dec 25, 2011
Santa Barbara
82190885_640.jpg
wooo hooo...:rolleyes:

HD voice only if you're calling another verizon customer with a compatible phone. so really it won't affect any of my phone calls. Not an interest until all providers are connected.

Echo_Platoon

Sep 27, 2013
VoLTE is now available. I need to get my phone up to 4.4.4 (NI2) on Developer Edition so I can enable this feature.

Hobson318

Mar 12, 2013
Upstate NY
In a nutshell, you'll be able to use Video calling and HD voice over the network without WiFi without any additional charges or hits against your data, provided your contact has a compatible device and the necessary software.

The HD phone calls will not go against data, just minutes if you are not on an unlimited talk plan. The HD video calls will go against data.

chewwy420

Nov 28, 2007
With the Amish
Good luck getting it to work. If I enable HD Voice on my account, all my incomming calls stop and people get a message that the number has been disconnected or changed. Took 2 hours with Verizon to figure out thats what the issue was,. Once guy removed that feature from my account it started working again.

wireeater

Mar 15, 2011
Richmond
OnePlus 7 Pro
LG Velvet
collect enersono

Good luck getting it to work. If I enable HD Voice on my account, all my incomming calls stop and people get a message that the number has been disconnected or changed. Took 2 hours with Verizon to figure out thats what the issue was,. Once guy removed that feature from my account it started working again.

HAH. I was just coming here to post this. Although I didn't call Verizon, I did notice it only happened after enabling the features online. I can still make calls, receive texts I just can't receive them. Although I am kind of OK with that... LOL.

And to confirm. I just went online and disabled advance calling and now I can get calls again (called myself from work phone). Go figure... rolling out a broken product.

Last edited:

chewwy420

Nov 28, 2007
With the Amish
HAH. I was just coming here to post this. Although I didn't call Verizon, I did notice it only happened after enabling the features online. I can still make calls, receive texts I just can't receive them. Although I am kind of OK with that... LOL.

And to confirm. I just went online and disabled advance calling and now I can get calls again (called myself from work phone). Go figure... rolling out a broken product.

I knew it was the advanced calling feature but I wanted it documented so that maybe they will get it fixed. Well hopefully anyways!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.