My samsung epic turned green! After dropping it

Search This thread

bjhill2112

Dec 15, 2008
Or he got it sick :(

Green=Sick (Ex: vomit or **** sometimes)

LMAO

mryuck.png

Reactions: BeerChameleon

jordan2333

Nov 18, 2010
Had sumthing like this.
I dropped my fone about 30 feet got and a yellow tint + major dets etc.
sumtimes messing with the slider I could get it normal.
I took it to sprint and used my tep and got free non refurb replacement. :)

As others said u can probably can get it replaced for 35 bucks if u brick it.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

That's the problem i have with my phone now.It has a yellow tint.I have tep,i wonder if i can get a free replacement?

black06c230

Mar 22, 2007
my GF dropped her epic about 4 weeks ago and cracked the screen, took it to sprint and even with TEP they said they could not replace it as by the time we got it there it had 6 cracks in it. tech said if it had 3 or less they could do it, but more than that it would have to go thru insurance. make no sense to me as they are still replacing the screen.

so my ? is this: if i odin and unplug halfway thru and brick it and then take it back in what do you guys think the chance of them just replacing it is?

I of course would go to the same tech that said they couldn't do anything so as to avoid the "oh well when you dropped and cracked the screen it damaged the phone to where it no longer powers on"

any thoughts?

thanks

adelmundo

Oct 10, 2010
San Ramon, CA
my GF dropped her epic about 4 weeks ago and cracked the screen, took it to sprint and even with TEP they said they could not replace it as by the time we got it there it had 6 cracks in it. tech said if it had 3 or less they could do it, but more than that it would have to go thru insurance. make no sense to me as they are still replacing the screen.

so my ? is this: if i odin and unplug halfway thru and brick it and then take it back in what do you guys think the chance of them just replacing it is?

I of course would go to the same tech that said they couldn't do anything so as to avoid the "oh well when you dropped and cracked the screen it damaged the phone to where it no longer powers on"

any thoughts?

thanks

Try a different tech or even a different Sprint Store.

XtaC318

Sep 28, 2010
Myrtle Beach
Looks like you popped the super amolded in the screen.. I had the same problem when my screen got shot by an airsoft bullet, except it was purple instead of green.

It's a hardware issue, not software. If you've got insurance, they'll replace it.. if not.. try your luck at replacing the screen. Unless you can coupe with the green, honestly it looks pretty sick to me :D

DiMa1720

Dec 18, 2009
Buffalo, NY
Looks like a bad connection to the with the ribbon cable, dropped mine and it went into a yellowish tint, reseated the cable from display to board and working solid now...

DiMa1720

Dec 18, 2009
Buffalo, NY
You would have to take it apart, theres not much after that, I took it apart and started messing with the connections and notice that the screen went back to normal after adjusting the flex cable. There is some tear downs that you can find.

-However I would say if you dont want to void any thing and not screw up anything just take back cover off ** dont unscrew the two bolts underneath the ESN sticker ** and just unplug the cable from the board. Then take it to sprint and tell them your display / touch screen wont display.

They prob offer you a $35 replacement...

Top Liked Posts