cant flash modem

Search This thread

ex-28

hi all been having a problem for the last 2 weeks where my signal strength ig g or even e almost all the time , with little or no data , im on the omega rom in my signature for some reason I cant get a modem to flash , it always fails,

when I try to flash this modem or the ANE2 it always fails in my odin tried extracting the .bin as well with no luck. and have manually booted to download mode also took off the reset ect,,, in odin 3.09 I selected the ap button. finally I flashed alliance rom and tried that with no luck so went back to omega rom , I also tried the ktoonsez KT-SGS5 kernel then tried flashing another modem and nada, constant fail all the time, tried different cables and computer to , I can flash anything else with odin just not the modems, anyone have any ideas ?

...... signed totally lost...............

<ID:0/009> Added!!
<ID:0/009> Odin v.3 engine (ID:9)..
<ID:0/009> File analysis..
<ID:0/009> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/009> Initialzation..
<ID:0/009> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/009> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/009> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/009> NON-HLOS.bin
<ID:0/009> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/009> Transmission Complete..
<ID:0/009> Now Writing.. Please wait about 2 minutes
<ID:0/009> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/009>
<ID:0/009> Receive Response from boot-loader
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

on the screen of the phone is shows
Secure check fail : apnhlos

poyda69

Aug 8, 2010
Melbourne
hi all been having a problem for the last 2 weeks where my signal strength ig g or even e almost all the time , with little or no data , im on the omega rom in my signature for some reason I cant get a modem to flash , it always fails,

when I try to flash this modem or the ANE2 it always fails in my odin tried extracting the .bin as well with no luck. and have manually booted to download mode also took off the reset ect,,, in odin 3.09 I selected the ap button. finally I flashed alliance rom and tried that with no luck so went back to omega rom , I also tried the ktoonsez KT-SGS5 kernel then tried flashing another modem and nada, constant fail all the time, tried different cables and computer to , I can flash anything else with odin just not the modems, anyone have any ideas ?

...... signed totally lost...............

<ID:0/009> Added!!
<ID:0/009> Odin v.3 engine (ID:9)..
<ID:0/009> File analysis..
<ID:0/009> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/009> Initialzation..
<ID:0/009> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/009> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/009> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/009> NON-HLOS.bin
<ID:0/009> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/009> Transmission Complete..
<ID:0/009> Now Writing.. Please wait about 2 minutes
<ID:0/009> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/009>
<ID:0/009> Receive Response from boot-loader
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

on the screen of the phone is shows
Secure check fail : apnhlos

I have had a similar problem and found a fix, I was trying to flash a modem using a "longer" than normal USB cable in a USB2.0 port this failed every time.

I then used a "standard" length cable (1mtr) which was in a USB3.0 port which worked on the first go. I don't know if it was the 2mtr cable or it was the USB3.0 port, I believe it was the cable because the port on the S4 is only USB2.0!!!!!!!!

I hope this helps.

polish_pat

Nov 30, 2011
Montreal
i'm having the same issue on rogers w8, tried multiple odin versions, all the way back to 1.83, tried usb 2.0 and 3.0 cables.

i think think the problem is were trying to flash a G900F modem, not a rogers modem since its not out yet

ex-28

i'm having the same issue on rogers w8, tried multiple odin versions, all the way back to 1.83, tried usb 2.0 and 3.0 cables.

i think think the problem is were trying to flash a G900F modem, not a rogers modem since its not out yet
What rom are you on baseband and kernel? My details are In my signature and my connection is is more then horrific I'm at a loss at what to try but when I was on echo illusion rom everything was great but is no longer being worked on

polish_pat

Nov 30, 2011
Montreal
What rom are you on baseband and kernel? My details are In my signature and my connection is is more then horrific I'm at a loss at what to try but when I was on echo illusion rom everything was great but is no longer being worked on

I'm on Omega 5 and baseband ND1. I'm not having any connectivity issues to Rogers LTE, i actually have great speeds and connection, definitely not like what you were describing. But what I am having problems with it in my room, my phone has problems getting reception, i never had great reception in my room, but this is much much worse than any Galaxy S or note i've owned, and i've owned all but the Note 1 and S1. My phones almost always has an "emergency calls only" message on lock screen, and i keep getting "lost data roaming connectivity" messages 4-5 times an hour. Besides that, i can't really complain.

ex-28

OK I'm located in Winnipeg sitting outside atm getting lte but only 1 bar... Can u please shoot a screen shot of about phone showing me your kernel version baseband rom ect.... Just to compare... And thanks

hype6u2a.jpg

ex-28

polish_pat

Nov 30, 2011
Montreal
ok yes thought of that after I posted , mucho appreciated !

and in any case, i highly doubt thats the cause of the issue. Ive been running Xnote since day 1 and also had F being reported, and i never had any problems such as you, and i still had my problems that i mentioned before. So connectivity wise, the rom doesnt affect, only kernel and modem can. I have to find a way to upgrade to newer modem. I'll work on that this weekend and keep you posted

Reactions: ex-28

ex-28

and in any case, i highly doubt thats the cause of the issue. Ive been running Xnote since day 1 and also had F being reported, and i never had any problems such as you, and i still had my problems that i mentioned before. So connectivity wise, the rom doesnt affect, only kernel and modem can. I have to find a way to upgrade to newer modem. I'll work on that this weekend and keep you posted

that would be excellent looking forward to this ....

poyda69

Aug 8, 2010
Melbourne

Any luck in working out how to Flash a modem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here you go
    za3aba8e.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S5
    ok yes thought of that after I posted , mucho appreciated !