WTF Can't raise screen brightness

Search This thread

mikeyfg

Jun 30, 2010
Bowie,MD
Has anyone seen this? On my screen brightness says i cannot go above 75% to avoid overheating I'm livid it just randomly said this! I want my full brightness

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

JungleJiujitsu

Sep 12, 2010
Westbury, NY
Yup I just wrote about this in a separate thread...you have to wait until the phone cools down before you can raise it back up to 100%!!!...Has you phone ever overheated to the point that you can almost burn yourself? I've hit temp as high as 121º!!!

Beejis

Nov 14, 2008
Washington
Yup I just wrote about this in a separate thread...you have to wait until the phone cools down before you can raise it back up to 100%!!!...Has you phone ever overheated to the point that you can almost burn yourself? I've hit temp as high as 121º!!!

How are you checking your temp? Mine gets pretty hot too, wondering if I got a lemon....

alnova1

Oct 16, 2009

Can I ask what you are doing if anything to cause the temp to get so high? I have to admit I haven't been doing much calling or texting lately but do stream internet radio in the car and its alittle warm but nothing like this.

madsquabbles

Jan 31, 2009
on the droid charge I believe if it gets too hot you can't charge it either, so I'd expect this to be the same.

JungleJiujitsu

Sep 12, 2010
Westbury, NY
How are you checking your temp? Mine gets pretty hot too, wondering if I got a lemon....

As far as I know you have to be rooted but I have both SetCPU and CPUMaster, which is free on the Market

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Can I ask what you are doing if anything to cause the temp to get so high? I have to admit I haven't been doing much calling or texting lately but do stream internet radio in the car and its alittle warm but nothing like this.

2x it was only charging, but both times i left the display on, but still that should matter, I should be able to leave it on all day and not EVER get past 105º at most!!! and the 3rd time I think I was playing NOVA 2, and when I got out of it, went back to my homescreen, left the phone and after about 2/3minutes it was blazing hot!

alnova1

Oct 16, 2009
I noticed mine was a bit warm taking it our of the car dock but I had it on charge and streaming radio...hmmmm

Beejis

Nov 14, 2008
Washington
I've gottin reboots from playing Pocket Legends when it got hot. Hopefully they're not all like this.

Eric1985

May 15, 2010
Kinda having the same problem in a way. I hate when Im on the net or anything and then the screen dim the brightness comes way down. Ive always seen a dim setting but not on here. Am I missing something?

imtjnotu

Jan 16, 2008
i have not had any issues with it getting hot.....

hmm im gonna test later to see if i can replicate

Eric1985

May 15, 2010
my bad on that reply I did that awhile ago and for some reason what I posted went to the wrong place

greengoldmello

Dec 3, 2007
Houston
It just did the same thing to me while watching netflix. It also won't charge now.
So basically if you are doing something too intensive that requires to be plugged in, it gets hot, discharges, and wont charge until you stop doing your task ...what the he'll Samsung