Slinding Panels - e-mail count is not unread?

Search This thread

estranged_inc

Mar 1, 2007
Seattle
I've noticed that the number of e-mails shown in the sliding panels is not the number of unread e-mail in your inbox. Well, it is, until you open the mail client, then it resets to zero, regardless of whether you read any messages.

So my Outlook currently has 4 unread messages. I click on the Messages panel, click on Outlook and my inbox opens, and correctly I have 4 unread messages. I do not open any of them, so they are still unread.

Going back to the home screen, the sliding panel now says zero.

i.e. this is really showing the number of unread messages since you last opened the mailbox, not the total number of unread messages.

is this just my build? I'm running one of the Ricky/Kavana builds, number 4 I think.

Mikey

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Wheaton, Il
Google Pixel Fold
I've noticed that the number of e-mails shown in the sliding panels is not the number of unread e-mail in your inbox. Well, it is, until you open the mail client, then it resets to zero, regardless of whether you read any messages.

So my Outlook currently has 4 unread messages. I click on the Messages panel, click on Outlook and my inbox opens, and correctly I have 4 unread messages. I do not open any of them, so they are still unread.

i.e. this is really showing the number of unread messages since you last opened the mailbox, not the total number of unread messages.

is this just my build? I'm running one of the Ricky/Kavana builds, number 4 I think.

No thats how it is set up in the ROM. We have to deal with it :(

Rip Syntaxx

Apr 8, 2008
Atlanta, GA

Maybe it's just me...but it doesn't really bother me that I can't see the number of unread messages on my sliding panel. I choose to focus my anal tendencies (pardon the disgusting pun, lol) towards things like fonts and 3G! By the way, where's the 3 daggum G T-Mo?!

EngineerMind

May 5, 2007
I actually like this feature - because I'll always have unread messages in my desktop outlook, without this feature it would always show something like "34". But since I also have a few POP email accounts setup in my phone, I could never tell if I have any new emails in them because they would be mixed in with the grand "unread total".

But, because you can clear the count for the "outlook" inbox by simply opening up that inbox, then any number I subsequently see for email count will indicate that I have waiting email in one of my POP accounts - very cool to me.

BTW, does anyone know where these "new unread since last inbox opened" counts are stored in the registry?

There NOT at locations like this:

HKCU\System\State\Messages\TotalEmail\Unread\Count

Because those are the "unread" count, not the "new since last access" count that the sliding panel notification uses.