Magnetic POGO Cable

Search This thread

e.mote

Feb 16, 2011
@OP again

Don't be browbeaten by the hecklers. $20 is a great price, especially when you have a captive audience. Hell, I'd hock it for $30! :)

Selling is just a matter of setting expectations. $20 isn't much diff from $10. Couple of hamburgers and a shake. Start talking fast...

"It's true that cost is higher than the generic charger cables you can buy at Walmart. But these specialized cables are only made in limited numbers and thus have high per unit cost for us. As you can see below, wholesale cost for the Asus TF700 charger cable is $15.33/qty1. Our pogo-pin charging cable has more components and thus costs more to make."

http://www.dhgate.com/new-40pin-usb...-asus/p-ff80808138a2df000138b24b787028c0.html

dang025

Jan 8, 2011
$15 including shipping is absolutely tops for me. Otherwise will wait for a more reasonably priced 3rd party cable.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

xperiax10.awesome

Nov 20, 2010
Singapore
A9_wl6eCAAE4Nbo.jpg:large

I know there is an issue with charging a nexus 10 by a micro-usb cable since a battery is drained out faster than charging. Thus it has a pogo charging connect and supposed to be charged by a magnetic pogo cable. However, unfortunately the cable didn't come with Nexus 10 for some reason, and there have been no place to purchase it separately though. Here it is!!! it makes nexus 10 charged 40% faster than a usb cable. It will be available for sale on Amazon and ebay soon! I will provide you a link to buy it later.

:fingers-crossed:

Why not Dock?

from the Giant Killer Samsung Note 2

funkdoobi

Nov 10, 2010
All of these people cheaping out because of the price, but will continue to complain about not being to use their tablet while it charges. lol.

e.mote

Feb 16, 2011
>All of these people cheaping out because of the price, but will continue to complain about not being to use their tablet while it charges. lol.

Well, OP said that N10 was supposed to come with the cable, ie cable was supposed to be "free." He set the cable's reference price to $0. In effect, he lowballed himself. So not a surprise when peeps don't want to pay much more than a generic cable.

OP has posted his sales pitch on other Android forums. When he skipped the "supposed to get it with N10" spiel, the responses to his "$20-25" were all positive. As said, it's about setting expectations.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-10-tablet-forum/225484-pogo-charger.html

IMO, $20 is a fair price for a proprietary cable.

Last edited:
Reactions: karasuhebi

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
All of these people cheaping out because of the price, but will continue to complain about not being to use their tablet while it charges. lol.
I can probably get a case, controller, and USB OTG cable for $20... (not 100% sure on the case though; did a similar pricing when I bought the stuff for my Nexus 7 :p) But $20 for a charging cable (unless this very same cord can do something else in it's current state) is just a bit... on the high side.

I guess if anything I can ask for it as a Christmas present :cool:

Gunthermic

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 19, 2011
20 Dollars for a special made case when audiance base is realtively small is prefectly fine with me.

You want better charging. Pay! it's call supply and demmand. It you complain about 3.00.. go be be with the Apple fanboys.. LOL

I swear people not wanting to pay people for work/construction etc...

It's all good. can twait. Will order several.. So OP I will helpmake up for some of these cheap people not buying becuase they want it free or pay 3.00...

I wouldnt wait for Samsung... GNex is still waiting for stuff after a year..lol

Kroenen66

Nov 15, 2010
Fyi, for safty sake a pogo cable itself has a circuit break chip installed even though an ac adapter could break a circuit. It is a magnetic pogo cable like an apple notebook pogo power cable. Since it is not like a mere usb cable, price couldnt be $3 or 5 something. we expect $19.99, apparently not over $20. Sorry, at this moment no comment on a pogo dock. Oh, the pogo cable will be up online probably on ebay early next week. I will provide you a link and international shipping available as well.

No schedule, it is not interest for me!!!

I have read so many posts with available soon ...
I believe it only when it is ordered.

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
20 Dollars for a special made case when audiance base is realtively small is prefectly fine with me.

You want better charging. Pay! it's call supply and demmand. It you complain about 3.00.. go be be with the Apple fanboys.. LOL

You know, Apple is pretty well known for overpricing accessories... which is exactly what this cable is (imo), overpriced. And Apple fanboys don't apparently complain about overpricing...

I swear people not wanting to pay people for work/construction etc...
I don't mind paying people for work and construction at all, given that it's reasonable of course. Would be like somebody offering to pay me to build a Snowman, and I build a generic-looking Snowman, and charge $300 for it just because nobody else offers the service (lol).

It's all good. can twait. Will order several.. So OP I will helpmake up for some of these cheap people not buying becuase they want it free or pay 3.00...
That's cool :) Wish I had that kind of money to just throw around :/

I may or may not buy the cable; personally I don't even need it since I charge my Nexus 10 overnight anyway.

Last edited:

Techie2012

Feb 1, 2012
I am going to wait for a POGO dock, either with a keyboard (preferable) or just a dock.

Much more elegant solution.

EDNYLaw

Nov 26, 2010
New York
I will definitely buy this for $20, hands down, without a second thought. I'll also buy a Pogo Dock should that come out ($40 - $50 range with HDMI out) :D

Apparently Google and Samsung's business model is, make the device and have 3rd parties supply accessories. I'd be nice if the OEM did, but hell, if we get this and/or a Pogo Dock I'll be just as happy.

BuGGr

May 13, 2011
will it actual function as an USB cable instead of just charging and would USB OTG work this way?

rashid11

Mar 4, 2010
We still dunno what the charging volts/amperage would be. If it is the same 5V/2A as with micro USB, then this thing is utterly pointless :(

dalingrin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 6, 2007
We still dunno what the charging volts/amperage would be. If it is the same 5V/2A as with micro USB, then this thing is utterly pointless :(

I made a post about this a while back. From a quick look at the kernel, the pogo is 5v/2a also. The microUSB power supply is pushing approximately 1600ma so at best the pogo cable might be closer to 2000ma. We'll see, I could be wrong, but I think people are going to be disappointed if they expect the pogo to charge much faster.

tpayne1

Oct 6, 2007

It is 5V 2A, confirmed by android central when the first pictures of the pogo plug showed up. The power supply it was plugged into is 5V 2A.

However, USB 2.0 spec is limited to 5v .5A. In order to make sure that the device would charge from pretty much any USB port, they may have limited the charging circutry on the micro-usb connector to only accept .5A...The pogo plug may allow it to draw a full 2A, which would mean significantly faster charging.

EDNYLaw

Nov 26, 2010
New York
Not possible to have HDMI out from the pogo pins.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Do we know this 100% since the the POGO connector has 6 pins and none besides + and ground have been completely identified? Is it possible that one of the pins could be used for video transmission? I'm just asking cause I have absolutely no idea, I'm a lawyer not an electrical engineer.

fireslayer26

Jan 12, 2009
$20 for a charging cable is a PASS for me. I can use the tablet all day without having to charge it, then just plug in the usb charger at night before bed. I'm sure its a nice cable, but when it should have came with the N10 in the box, I don't believe its worth $20 + shipping. $10-$15 with free shipping.... maybe.... Just my 2 cents......

Last edited:
Reactions: espionage724

dalingrin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 6, 2007
It is 5V 2A, confirmed by android central when the first pictures of the pogo plug showed up. The power supply it was plugged into is 5V 2A.

However, USB 2.0 spec is limited to 5v .5A. In order to make sure that the device would charge from pretty much any USB port, they may have limited the charging circutry on the micro-usb connector to only accept .5A...The pogo plug may allow it to draw a full 2A, which would mean significantly faster charging.

This is definitely false. My OEM power supply with microUSB is charging with about 1.6A, according to the battery current. The pogo cable might get closer to 2A(speculation) but the microUSB is definitely more than 0.5A.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So are there any places currently selling these?

Not sure I got this from the eBay seller in South Korea that had his ad taken down.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

You got it really fast !

Where are you located?

How fast is the chargeing

Thanks!!!,

Yeah I was surprised too! the seller had an option for express shipping when I paid for $10 more, I didn't have a problem spending a few bucks more.

I haven't used it enough yet to notice any faster charging, it went from 70% to 98% in a little less than 2 hours.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Let's see if the pictures will work yet............

ResizeofIMG_0100_zps487a912b.jpg

ResizeofIMG_0103_zps5ccac530.jpg
    I searched high and low and finally found an adapter that puts out 2.1A on each of two outlets - concurrently. Excellent quality. Same spec on each channel as oem charger on its single outlet. Great fit and finish too. Can support two high demand devices at once.

I've been using it with the Pogo cable, and it is perfect. Link:

Ventev r2200 AC Travel Charger, Dual 2A USB Port 110-220v With MicroUSB Cable
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BSC7FW0/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
    It's here!

Just wanted to let everyone know I got my Pogo Cable today!

It is in my opinion extremely high quality build. I have so far used it with my wall charger and my car charger and it works fantastic.

If I didn't know better I'd say was an OEM from Samsung or Google.

I know I know post pictures..........

OK I'll get some made and post them very soon.

Clutch
    Just out of interest, has anyone actually measured what current the nexus actually draws from the charger?

I've just spliced in my ammeter and with the battery showing 45% its currently drawing 0.59A and this is with the stock charger and whilst typing this. If I put the nexus into standby then it drops to 0.50A

I'll do some further testing this week charging from 0-100% this week and let you know what I find.

Btw this is using the USB port.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2