I'm Looking for a Kitkat 4.4.2 Custom Rom for S4 I337 Model AT&T

Search This thread

matth84

Apr 17, 2014
I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 Model with AT&T. I have recently downgraded from Kitkat 4.4.2 to Jellybean 4.3. The reason was so I could root it for tethering purposes to my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and other devices. However, after downgrading and rooting it the tethering tutorials are not working for me. I have tried several even the TetheringProvision.bak and bak2 one. No luck. Now at this point I feel that downgrading was pointless for me because as I stated the intent was to root and tether. I can't tether and none of the tethering paid and free apps in the android play store works for me either. Is there a jellybean 4.3 custom rom or Kitkat 4.4.2 custom rom with tethering enabled that I can download? I have safestrap installed on my S4.

I appreciate any help I can get with this!

Last edited:

muniz_ri

Jun 27, 2012
I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 Model with AT&T. I have recently downgraded from Kitkat 4.4.2 to Jellybean 4.3. The reason was so I could root it for tethering purposes to my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and other devices. However, after downgrading and rooting it the tethering tutorials are not working for me. I have tried several even the TetheringProvision.bak and bak2 one. No luck. Now at this point I feel that downgrading was pointless for me because as I stated the intent was to root and tether. I can't tether and none of the tethering paid and free apps in the android play store works for me either. Is there a jellybean 4.3 custom rom or Kitkat 4.4.2 custom rom with tethering enabled that I can download? I have safestrap installed on my S4.

You are halfway there. Follow this process: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2692825

Shonzz

Jan 17, 2011
Sacramento

I had the same issues and then one night when I was bored and started going through the Play Store, I found this app that works first time, everytime and with no messing with system keys, etc., WiFi Tether Router https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.snclab.wifitetherrouter

Make sure that you go to the website and look up your phone for the setting and it'll work perfectly.