[Q] Camera sound on GT-N7000

Search This thread

sacentre

Dec 8, 2011
Can anyone suggest why I no longer get the camera shutter sound? It doesn't work with the stock camera app (I mean the one that comes with the ROM I'm using) or third party ones. I can't find any settings disabled.

I recently had a repair done at Samsung which involved replacing the motherboard. I didn't test every single setting and function when I got it back so am tempted to assume it is related to the repair but I could be wrong.

The camera is rooted and I'm using the Ultimate XXLT4 JB 4.1.2 v6

Thanks in advance

Trevor

sacentre

Dec 8, 2011
Camera shutter sound adendum

Has no one else come across this? Most posts about the shutter sound are about how to turn it off so I guess my problem is unique. I checked that the /system/media/audio/ui/shuter.ogg file is there. It is and I can play it manually with the stock music player. Other than that, I've no idea how to fix this. All othet system sounds and alerts sem to work ok.

I'm still hoping some expert out there can help.
Trevor

Jackwu696

Jan 12, 2014
Jakarta City
Has no one else come across this? Most posts about the shutter sound are about how to turn it off so I guess my problem is unique. I checked that the /system/media/audio/ui/shuter.ogg file is there. It is and I can play it manually with the stock music player. Other than that, I've no idea how to fix this. All othet system sounds and alerts sem to work ok.

I'm still hoping some expert out there can help.
Trevor

Hello. When you mean you don't get a shutter sound, does that mean that in camera/setting/shutter sound already enabled but no sound? please note that music or notification volume level (I forgot which one) also play a part. If your volume level is 0 or very low, the sound will not be heard. This was a trick to eliminate shutter shound back in the days when the option to disable is not there.

sacentre

Dec 8, 2011
Hello. When you mean you don't get a shutter sound, does that mean that in camera/setting/shutter sound already enabled but no sound? please note that music or notification volume level (I forgot which one) also play a part. If your volume level is 0 or very low, the sound will not be heard. This was a trick to eliminate shutter shound back in the days when the option to disable is not there.

Thanks for replying. This was the first thing I checked.

There's no option to enable/ disable shutter sound in the stock camera app I'm using and I imagine this is why so many people were asking how to disable the sound. Can't recall if I ever saw that in the settings menu. I also have an app called CameraPro which has an Enable Shutter Sound. This is enabled but , makes no difference. It's possible I'm using an older version of the stock cameras app but it seems to me this is not the cause as it makes no difference which camera app I use.

Thanks again.
Trevor

sacentre

Dec 8, 2011
Camera shutter problem fixed

There's no option to enable/ disable shutter sound in the stock camera app I'm using and I imagine this is why so many people were asking how to disable the sound. Can't recall if I ever saw that in the settings menu. I also have an app called CameraPro which has an Enable Shutter Sound. This is enabled but , makes no difference. It's possible I'm using an older version of the stock cameras app but it seems to me this is not the cause as it makes no difference which camera app I use.

Thanks again.
Trevor

I managed to fix this by installing the jobnik_Camera_Note_JB_Mod_v8_cwm.zip.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1863362

Now both my camera apps have shutter sound enabled. Still don't know what happened since the previous version of the app worked fine before but that's often the way with computers: just happy to fix the problem in the end.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Jackwu696

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Camera shutter problem fixed

Thanks again.
    Trevor

I managed to fix this by installing the jobnik_Camera_Note_JB_Mod_v8_cwm.zip.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1863362

Now both my camera apps have shutter sound enabled. Still don't know what happened since the previous version of the app worked fine before but that's often the way with computers: just happy to fix the problem in the end.

Thanks