My 8525 keeps shutting down by its self

Search This thread

brain boy

Dec 4, 2007
When I turn it on, it stays for a while and shuts down
same thing happens over and over

Does anyone have an idea about this problem?

MikeChannon

Forum Admin
Staff member
Jun 7, 1972
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
We need more detail.

1. How long is a "while"
  2. Does it always do this or is it random behaviour?
  3. Is the battery fully charged?
  4. Have you tried soft / hard resets?
  5. Does the device go completely off or is it just the screen that goes off? (i;e; when you switch the device back on, do you need a long press on the power button or just a quick press?)
Mike

brain boy

Dec 4, 2007
it shuts down completely(i need a long press to turn it back on)
sometimes it stays for 5 minutes sometimes 20 minutes
and the battery is fully charged

MikeChannon

Forum Admin
Staff member
Jun 7, 1972
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
it shuts down completely(i need a long press to turn it back on)
sometimes it stays for 5 minutes sometimes 20 minutes
and the battery is fully charged

OK, it sounds like you have the poor battery contacts problem. To be sure, you can do a hard reset to rule out any software issues. If you have no backup program installed then you will lose anything you have installed to the phone however.

So you could go straight to a simple fix for this problem. That is a strip of card to push the battery more firmly against the gold connectors. First make sure the connectors are all clean:
Poorbatterycontacts-2.jpg

In some rarer cases the connector block with all the gold contacts has actually become partially detached from the board - perhaps a hairline crack in the soldered contacts. Hopefully yours does not have this problem though.

Mike

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2008
my m3100 has just been doing this, i phoned orange and they said i needed a new batery which i cba with. so i hard reseted to no effect, last step reflashed, been working fine for two days now. so my suggestion is reflash your rom :)