Verizon Messages on Unlocked Moto G: 16GB

Search This thread

grantalewis00

Nov 23, 2013
Brighton
So I recently received a much-wanted Motorola Moto G 16GB Unlocked this Christmas. I have been using it since and have been very pleased with it. I also own an LG Cosmos 3 on Verizon, which I use for calling and texting. I saw that they had a Verizon Messages app in the Play Store and I looked into it. I got excited when I found out that is was available for Android Smartphones and Tablets. I figured I could finally use it to text everyone (on WiFi, of course!) with my existing phone #, rather than getting a free texting app with some random one. I got it on my rooted KFHD 7" and it works fine. I then tried getting it on my Moto G and kept getting an error message (I attached a screenshot below). Has anyone else ran into this problem? Does anyone know why this is happening or a bypass for it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-06-21-36-02.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-06-21-36-02.png
    106 KB · Views: 10,321

judask24

May 21, 2012
Ruston
So I recently received a much-wanted Motorola Moto G 16GB Unlocked this Christmas. I have been using it since and have been very pleased with it. I also own an LG Cosmos 3 on Verizon, which I use for calling and texting. I saw that they had a Verizon Messages app in the Play Store and I looked into it. I got excited when I found out that is was available for Android Smartphones and Tablets. I figured I could finally use it to text everyone (on WiFi, of course!) with my existing phone #, rather than getting a free texting app with some random one. I got it on my rooted KFHD 7" and it works fine. I then tried getting it on my Moto G and kept getting an error message (I attached a screenshot below). Has anyone else ran into this problem? Does anyone know why this is happening or a bypass for it?

Beats me. I have Verizon Messaging installed on my Verizon Moto G and it works fine. Maybe trying to connect with your G that's not registered with a Verizon account, wont let it set up. Understand it works on your KFHD but who knows. Works fine on my G.

grantalewis00

Nov 23, 2013
Brighton
Beats me. I have Verizon Messaging installed on my Verizon Moto G and it works fine. Maybe trying to connect with your G that's not registered with a Verizon account, wont let it set up. Understand it works on your KFHD but who knows. Works fine on my G.
Yeah. I e-mailed the dev and they said they currently don't support unlocked phones. I don't need Verizon Messages specifically, just a texting app that let's me send free texts over WiFi on my Moto G that uses my Verizon Phone's number. Any help?