[MZ600][MZ602][MZ604] Official Android 4.1.1 OTA Update Thread

Search This thread

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
The Android 4.1.1/Jelly Bean OTA update for the US WiFi Xoom is now rolling out. Verizon to follow in the next month hopefully. If by the grace of God any International Xoom variants ever get Jelly Bean (don't count on it), I can post those links here too if someone provides them.

US WiFi-only Xoom (MZ604): OTA Link from Google
US Verizon 3/4G Xoom (MZ600/MZ602): Waiting on link.

Last edited:

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Makes me glad I went with the wifi only model that very first day the Xoom came out :D

In hind sight, I wish I had gone with a WiFi-only model too. Alas, it is damn nice having an Internet connection on that tablet even when I'm in the middle of east bum****. hahaha It's alright though, I'll have Jelly Bean in mid July on the 8 GB Nexus 7 I just preordered. ;)

alex94kumar

Feb 23, 2011
West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
In hind sight, I wish I had gone with a WiFi-only model too. Alas, it is damn nice having an Internet connection on that tablet even when I'm in the middle of east bum****. hahaha It's alright though, I'll have Jelly Bean in mid July on the 8 GB Nexus 7 I just preordered. ;)

See, I was even thinking about going with Verizon for the Xoom, but I then realized I wouldn't need to, as I could just tether it to my Droid 2 (at the time) for free, since I was rooted and got free tethering.

It's even better now, since I have 4G tethering on an unlimited data plan :D

Last edited:

Cubanluke88

Nov 18, 2011
Connecticut
Starting tomorrow, when Verizon introduces those new Share Everything plans, I'll only be paying for one data plan, getting an extra gig of data per month, and paying $10 less per month for it. I'm a happy camper about that. :D

Yeah, my buddy is doing that (he has a razr maxx + verizon xoom).

I'm on Sprint, off contract, hoping that their LTE implementation is ~decent~.

Else I'll be jumping ship to Verizon and probably swap out to a Verizon Xoom as well and do the share everything plan.

yxcv99

Oct 29, 2010
If I only had known of this android experience thing three weeks earlier I wouldnt have bought a Xoom 2 :(.

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Something else interesting...even though they unveiled the Nexus 7 tablet at I/O, I don't really think it's a true successor to the Xoom. It's a 7" tablet that runs in portrait orientation by default, and the stock ROM runs in phone mode, not tablet mode.

Don't be surprised if early next year we see a real, honest Google Experience successor to the Xoom with a 10.1-inch screen and the OS running in landscape tablet mode. Until that happens, I'd expect to see future Android versions on the Xoom as well as the Nexus 7.

Casey Rain

Jun 8, 2009
Birmingham
Utterly ridiculous that the original Xoom will now likely see Jelly Bean before the Xoom 2 even gets ICS.

Motorola will be lucky to get another dime from me ever again, and I used to have a lot of goodwill for the company.

I'll also only be purchasing Google Experience devices in the future.

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Utterly ridiculous that the original Xoom will now likely see Jelly Bean before the Xoom 2 even gets ICS.

Motorola will be lucky to get another dime from me ever again, and I used to have a lot of goodwill for the company.

I'll also only be purchasing Google Experience devices in the future.

The original Xoom is a Google Experience device (in the US anyway). The Xoom 2 is not. That's why the Xoom is getting the update and the Xoom 2 probably won't. It's no more or less complicated than that.

The international Xoom models (which are not GEDs) probably won't see an update to Jellybean either.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

chiggerfruit

Oct 3, 2010
I wish I had a WiFi xoom as well, but hey, I got this Verizon one for $20 so I'm not gonna complain! It's effectively a WiFi xoom since I don't have service, but I still have to wait that extra Verizon time.

I've always wondered why Google/Motorola/Verizon never pushed the Google Android Experience in their ads. It probably would've helped sales.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
I doubt that. Honestly, maybe 1% of users (us) actually care about that or even know what that means.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts