Java library for Bluetooth JSR-82

Search This thread

defcomg

Dec 10, 2006
WindowsMobile
bluecove on Windows Mobile

Introduction

Current BlueCove winsock (Microsoft Bluetooth stack) and WIDCOMM code are compiled for Windows Mobile.
Version 2.0.0 has been tested with following JVMs:

Mysaifu JVM v0.3.3 - An open-source (GPL v.2 license) Java VM on Windows Mobile 2003

IBMs WebSphere Everyplace Micro Environment v5.7.2, CDC 1.0/Foundation 1.0/Personal Profile 1.0 for Windows XP/X86

IBMs WebSphere Everyplace Micro Environment v6.1.1, CDC 1.0/Foundation 1.0/Personal Profile 1.0 for Windows XP/X86 and Windows Mobile 2003

IBMs WebSphere Everyplace Micro Environment v5.7.2, CLDC 1.1, MIDP 2.0 for Windows XP/X86.

Windows Mobile devices with Microsoft Bluetooth Stack
Windows Mobile 2003 Phone Edition with Microsoft Bluetooth Stack
Motorola MPx220
E-Plus PDA 2
O2 XDA II (T-Mobile MDA-II)
Qtek 2020
Samsung SGH-i1300
T-Mobile SDA
Vodafone VPA II
I-mate JAM
Windows Mobile 5 Phone with Microsoft Bluetooth Stack
T-Mobile MDA
QTek 9100
Windows Mobile 5 with Microsoft Bluetooth Stack
Dell Axim X51v
Windows Mobile devices with WIDCOMM Bluetooth Stack
All other not listed above :)
JSR-82 Installation for IBM J9 on Windows Mobile
J9 for MIDP 2.0 Profile
Copy to bluecove.jar %J9_HOME%\lib\jclMidp20\ext directory
Copy intelbth_ce.dll or bluecove_ce.dll to %J9_HOME%\bin directory
run app "%J9_HOME%\bin\j9.exe" -jcl:midp20 -Dmicroedition.connection.pkgs=com.intel.bluetooth -cp yourMidpApp.jar "-jxe:%J9_HOME%\lib\jclMidp20\jclMidp20.jxe" yourMidpApp.jad
J9 for Personal Profile 1.0
Add bluecove.jar to your classpath
Add system property -Dmicroedition.connection.pkgs=com.intel.bluetooth when running your application to enable JSR-82 connections.

This LetS U Use J2me Bluetooth midlets

More InFo AND Downloads Here Tried It With IBM J9 and it works Now all we need is MMAPI 4 JAVA AND WE ARE HAppy WIf JAVA

http://code.google.com/p/bluecove/

Menneisyys

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2005
www.winmobiletech.com
BTW, what real-world MIDlets did you test it with? I've been testing it (6.1.1 on the Dell Axim x51v) with Blooover ( http://trifinite.org/trifinite_stuff_blooover.html ); it discovered the other BT devices but the subsequent attcking (as opposed to the Nokia N95, which runs the MIDlet just great) didn't work, unlike with Nokia's KVM. Tested this under both the MS and the Widcomm BT stack.

Just gathering the Nokia add-on classes so that I can also deploy 3D Constructo Combat (a great multiplayer game). Do you happen to know where these classes can be downloaded from?

defcomg

Dec 10, 2006
Well Tried

I tried the super bluetooth hack it hacks and bctest.jar and as for the jsr 184 class library i havent found it yet i however f0und the location api and the comm plugin 4 j9 what i have gatherd each class library comes with a dll and a jar eg fileconn.dll and fileconn.jar so all we have to do is find jsr 184.dll with its jar maybe some developer can make some plugin by the way jsr 135 is offered by ibm but you gotta purchase it which is crap

Menneisyys

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2005
www.winmobiletech.com
I tried the super bluetooth hack it hacks and bctest.jar

Thanks, found them; I give them a try too.

and as for the jsr 184 class library i havent found it yet i however f0und the location api and the comm plugin 4 j9 what i have gatherd each class library comes with a dll and a jar eg fileconn.dll and fileconn.jar so all we have to do is find jsr 184.dll with its jar maybe some developer can make some plugin

Are you sure IBM has bothered to release a M3G DLL? They may not even know there are 3D game sout there...

by the way jsr 135 is offered by ibm

Thanks for the tip; I'll update the MIDlet Bible with the info.

defcomg

Dec 10, 2006
I D0nt Get Ya

What Nokia add on classes Maybe u Mean Nokia api check here http://www.microemu.org/ they talk about those api's but if you want to play or run midlets ment for nokia i think you would need to put com.nokia. into the jar you wana excute there was a 2D Multiplayer Game that would run on j9 i think it was Beach Rally 2 it came pre-defined on the nokia 6230 when n0kia introduced jsr 82 on S40 plattform. Is It Possible to embedd a JvM into the Win Ce 0s Like Symbian v2 and above So u can just Excute a jar like a exe from start menu

Menneisyys

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2005
www.winmobiletech.com
What Nokia add on classes Maybe u Mean Nokia api check here http://www.microemu.org/ they talk about those api's but if you want to play or run midlets ment for nokia i think you would need to put com.nokia. into the jar

Thanks, in the menatime, I've found them at http://4pda.ru/forum/attach/467061/Adapted.zip - working great.

you wana excute there was a 2D Multiplayer Game that would run on j9 i think it was Beach Rally 2 it came pre-defined on the nokia 6230 when n0kia introduced jsr 82 on S40 plattform

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

alejandrovquiroga

Jan 5, 2009
Samsung i900 Omnia supports JSR82

I have tried it and works great. I have tried to copy to my HTC Diamind but it does not work.

Maybe somebody more experienced on this area can make it work.

Regards

Awemonster

Feb 12, 2008
Stellenbosch
Thanks Menneisyys & Defcomg for the info regarding JSR-82 & Java support on Windows Mobile devices.

I'm trying to get a J2ME program working on WM5+ devices using the Bluetooth to connect to another device. The application works 100% on Nokia phones (I've tested it on a Nokia N95).

The installation of IBM J9 6.1.0 MIDP 2.0 with the BlueCove 2.1.0 Bluetooth stack onto a HTC TyTN II was actually quit simple. Eventually I did it a bit different from how it was described in the MIDlet Bible. I've installed the IBM J9 6.1.0 MIDP 2.0 (currently unable to get hold of the 6.1.1 eval version) by running the cab-file, added the bluecove-2.1.0.jar to the J9's \lib\jclMidp20\ext\ folder and extracted the two _ec.dll files from the bluecove jar-file to he J9's \bin\ folder.
On that HTC phone it wasn't necessary (using the MIDlet Bible as base reference) to copy the other 2 dll files or to remove the javax.microedition package from the BlueCove jar-file.

The device discovery works fine on it, although the service discovery still has some issues. Sometimes it discovers my external device's serial port service, but usually it doesn't. It even connects & communicates 100% with my external device using serial communication over BT. I have no idea why the service discovery fails most of the time. Sometimes I get it to work by disabling & enabling the BT before running the MIDlet. Any ideas? Is it possible to use BlueCove for the device discovery and connection & another BT stack for the service discovery?

I'm also using the same BlueCove-2.1.0.jar file along with the MicroEmulator on Windows XP/Vista and it works like a charm! Only problem that I've got there is that the MicroEmulator does not display the NetBeans TableItem.

Regards
Chris

Last edited: