Help Needed...SPL 1.22

Search This thread

rsloader

Aug 24, 2008
Hey guys,

I'm getting impatient with the release of 6.5 in Australia, so when looking into performing the HARD SPL for my device, what I could find was the details for 1.17 and 1.19.

But my device when I goi in to the tri colour screen is

Code:
MAPL130
SPL - 1.22.0000
MicroP-Maple (LED) v6
ENGID 0x2
PCBID 0x80
PanelInfo 15-0x2

Any help would be great :)

rocksford77

Sep 27, 2007
Help

Hi, I am having the same issue:confused:. Splash screen on HTC Snap (Telstra) says SPL 1.22 and I cannot HardSPL with Jocky's 1.17 and 1.19.
I need to hardSPL my unit so I can use other roms. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. :)

tickford

Dec 31, 2007
I am looking to buy this on Telstra myself so would be interested to see this happen - running a generic 6.5 ROM would be cool..... I used to have a Touch Pro so am familiar with flashing the ROM etc but it seems the community is a little smaller for Windows Smartphones.

From the demo I played with at T Life the Telstra branding did not seem that bad (not on shortcuts or anything annoying like that) - just a Bigpond link when scrolling on the homepage. I really liked the trackball too.... will have to think about whether I want to join the dark side (Telstra :p) tonight....

rsloader

Aug 24, 2008
I actually find the Telstra Branding really annoying as I can't remove the pre installed programs either such as Foxtel.

So please save me from a 6.5 Telstra Branded Phone!

tickford

Dec 31, 2007
I actually find the Telstra Branding really annoying as I can't remove the pre installed programs either such as Foxtel.

So please save me from a 6.5 Telstra Branded Phone!

Isn't that just a shortcut icon in the menus? What other branding is there? I want to get one tomorrow but not if branding is that bad :confused:

rsloader

Aug 24, 2008
Isn't that just a shortcut icon in the menus? What other branding is there? I want to get one tomorrow but not if branding is that bad :confused:

Yeah once you have changed the default home screen, they only appear in the menu, but I find it annoying when you need to scroll through them to get to what you actually want to.

But I still would love some help with my problem. As I can't seem to find a solution. :(

tickford

Dec 31, 2007
Thanks for that. Hopefully somebody can help us Telstra version folk out :)

Last edited:
Thanks for that. Hopefully somebody can help us Telstra version folk out :)

Wait for a new HardSPL, that's your only option. It seems that HTC has been busy locking down the base even more. SPL 1.2x also is preventing devices that did successfuly HardSPL from running the new rom upgrades. My hunch is that we'll be seeing a HardSPL 1.24 soon.

rsloader

Aug 24, 2008
Wait for a new HardSPL, that's your only option. It seems that HTC has been busy locking down the base even more. SPL 1.2x also is preventing devices that did successfuly HardSPL from running the new rom upgrades. My hunch is that we'll be seeing a HardSPL 1.24 soon.

Ok then!

Hope you are right!

jockyw2001

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 17, 2007
I think the newer radio version prevents the sspl (jumpspl) from loading, because the radio writeprotects the required memory area. I will develop a test to verify that.

rocksford77

Sep 27, 2007
Will Wait

Hi Jocky, waiting eagerly for this. Hopefully we will be able to unlock our devices and use other great roms. :)

rocksford77

Sep 27, 2007
Any updates on this

Asian 6.5 rom also released:eek:. Any updates on HardSPL our 1.22 Telstra phones? Cant wait to try new roms. ;)

Kosiko303

May 30, 2008

lol, yeah, you are right! Just got my S521 with the new WM6.5 and it has SPL in version 1.24 flashed...
That's a shame cause I wanted to use a custom ROM since I don't like the HTC modified versions, not on the snap nor on other WM devices. It's just a piece of buggy software that tries to present some eye candy without function. Don't get me wrong, I love eye candy! Therefore I love the new WM6.5.1 Prof. from MS without HTC modifications... but I am getting distracted... ;)

Is there a way to get a custom ROM on my SPL 1.24 Snap or do I have to wait for a hard SPL based on version 1.24?

Thanks!
S*

ookba

Oct 12, 2007
LA
I think the newer radio version prevents the sspl (jumpspl) from loading, because the radio writeprotects the required memory area. I will develop a test to verify that.
Not sure if it's the radio, maybe. I have a Telstra SNAP and the only way I could bypass it's locks was to use a Goldcard and flash the TMO ROM. Then I could HardSPL it. Seems the Telstra SNAP is heavily security, registry, and software locked. I wasn't able to unlock it without reflashing it.

I'm curious to see if HardSPL 1.24 will allow flashing of the WM 6.5 ROM from HTC.

Kosiko303

May 30, 2008
I'm curious to see if HardSPL 1.24 will allow flashing of the WM 6.5 ROM from HTC.

Oh! Me too! Are you planning to have your newest ROM available for 1.24 SPL if it is possible to flash? Would be great if that works!
Hard or Jump SPL flash?

Thanks for the effort! Looking forward to your new ROM!!

:D

Cheers,
S*

Aug 3, 2007
Hi! I have spl 1.24.00
I tried to flash the 6.5 rom Build 3VO.2.00.101009, the flash is ok. But after the flash, i had a big problem: if I only reboot the phone, without turn it off, the phone restarts succesfully, but if I turn off the phone, when I turn it on again the phone boots, the w6.5 splash appears, and when the versions indications appear, the phone reboot, and so on.
I had to downgrade to WM 6.5 htc original.
I don't know if this problem depends from the spl or not
Could you help me?
Thank you
Nick

OkiOkiOki

Sep 7, 2009
Any solution for this...??? Telefonica Snap phones have exactly the same issue

Any solution for this...??? Telefonica Snap phones have exactly the same issue

Not sure if it's the radio, maybe. I have a Telstra SNAP and the only way I could bypass it's locks was to use a Goldcard and flash the TMO ROM. Then I could HardSPL it. Seems the Telstra SNAP is heavily security, registry, and software locked. I wasn't able to unlock it without reflashing it.

Pedro Ley

Dec 8, 2006
Telefonica WM6.5 ROM Upgrade for SNAP

okioki telefonica has just released the official wm6.5 rom upgrade (check htc spain support site).
however the download links are broken-
i cannot post the links here, the file is:
UU_Captain_S_Telefonica_2.07.621.2_Radio_Signed_MAPLE_61.36t.25.29U_3.47.25.48m_Ship.exe
hope it helps