Samsung note 3 n9005 ( european model ) IMEI and software problem

Search This thread

Khaled24

Jan 15, 2014
Hello,
I'm from Egypt I bought a note 3 n9005 european sim model

-from settings my phone reads different IMEI than the one written on the phone under the battery.

-The network goes down to emergency call only but never asked me for unlock PIN

-someone installed for me android 4.4.2 that deleted all options like air gestures and all other Samsung stuffs

- In settings menu the phone model n9000 ( -_- )
- I wanted to return the phone to stock settings, firmware and unlock it.
- I think knox already tripped ( how to check it ? )
- I downloaded a file with extensionBTU- N9005XXUDMJ7 (mar.tdr5) 1.36GB + Odin 3.07 + usb driver.
Do I need anything else because it's my first time flash an android phone.

Thanks in advance

FeralFire

Jan 18, 2012
Switch on the phone by pressing power+home+volume down. This will take you to download mode. Knox status will be displayed there.

If you are on 4.4.2, you can't downgrade to MJ7.

I have no idea how you managed to get a new with a new ROM.
But you can always try flashing the ROM you downloaded. You don't need anything else. Just read a couple of guides on Odin flashing.

Reactions: Khaled24

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Hello,

-from settings my phone reads different IMEI than the one written on the phone under the battery.

-someone installed for me android 4.4.2 that deleted all options like air gestures and all other Samsung stuffs

- I downloaded a file with extensionBTU- N9005XXUDMJ7 (mar.tdr5) 1.36GB + Odin 3.07 + usb driver.

Thanks in advance

Sounds like someone flashed CM for you --- Settings > about device and tell us what OS it is and what version

Khaled24

Jan 15, 2014
-I havent the phone now>>>>it is cyanogenmod software version 4.4.2 ( i have very bad knowledge about these things )

-what about the imei issue

-I want to install any official software so the phone returns stock

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
dial *#06# into the dial pad and it will give you the correct imei of the phone

Just don't post your IMEI number here :rolleyes:

If your model is showing N9000 it's from a CM build being installed, especially if you lost Samsung features.. as for the IMEI issue we'll investigate that soon as we know what we are actually dealing with :good:

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

-I havent the phone now>>>>it is cyanogenmod software version 4.4.2 ( i have very bad knowledge about these things )

Yup just as I suspected... OK

Follow this

Open ODIN, put your phone into download mode connect your phone, load the .md5 file into the PDA option on ODIN and press start. It will reflash your stock Samsung back to normal.

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
_these command leads to an error ( sometimes it works and the imei is also different than under the battrey )

-I think that's coz of the region lock

Once you flash back to normal Stock Samsung it'll be better to grasp the IMEI errors, when dialling *#06# into the keypad it adds an extra number with a / mine is /01 iirc. for now, how about we get you back to Stock then sort the rest as we are unsure what is what. :good:

Khaled24

Jan 15, 2014

If your model is showing N9000 it's from a CM build being installed, especially if you lost Samsung features.. as for the IMEI issue we'll investigate that soon as we know what we are actually dealing with :good:

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Follow this

Open ODIN, put your phone into download mode connect your phone, load the .md5 file into the PDA option on ODIN and press start. It will reflash your stock Samsung back to normal.

-I downloaded the right firmware...Right ?!

-any other tips before starting ....coz it's the first time for me

Khaled24

Jan 15, 2014

-before installing stock firmware n9005xxudmj7 europe version >>>

i wanted to know if I flashed a middle eastern firmware SM-N9005ZKEXSI .....does the sim registration problem disappears ???

FeralFire

Jan 18, 2012
SM-N9005ZKEXSI is your product code. It signifies that your phone is from the gulf.

Just flash the firmware as directed by radicalisto. You'll be fine. :)

Khaled24

Jan 15, 2014
SM-N9005ZKEXSI is your product code. It signifies that your phone is from the gulf.

Just flash the firmware as directed by radicalisto. You'll be fine. :)

-I know N9005ZKEXSI for gulf region but I have an european model n9005xxudmj7

-I'm asking for 2 in 1 solution for region lock and stock firmware :)

jaaystott

Feb 9, 2011
Chelsea
www.twitter.com
-I know N9005ZKEXSI for gulf region but I have an european model n9005xxudmj7

-I'm asking for 2 in 1 solution for region lock and stock firmware :)

To my knowledge once the region lock is activated that's it, you can't undo it. < Ignore that, take a look at this

The region lock isn't to one country though, it's to continents. There may be some ways around it if you are rooted (which you are) but I'm not the best person to speak to regarding that. Odin being tripped means nothing apart from if your phone stops working tomorrow, Samsung won't be interested.

In terms of the Samsung Stock Software that you are installing, it doesn't really matter what software you install providing it isn't the Exynos version. Because you have the 4.4 boot loader though you MUST flash the leaked polish build. If you install the version that was mentioned above by one of the other posters, later on we can focus on getting you the correct software for your device region if we need to.

Last edited:

FeralFire

Jan 18, 2012
I can't tell you much about region lock. Mine came without it.

n9005xxudmj7 is a ROM version. Not a product number.

Since your knox is already tripped, you can easily root your device using Chainfire's autoroot and install the regionlock-away.
But before we get there, we need to get you up and running on atleast some version of TouchWiz.
Did you try flashing that file yet?

Khaled24

Jan 15, 2014
Hey peopele finally back to original Firmware thnx all

now the IMEI different than under the battery ..... it connects to the networks then goes to emergency call only

mamattar1

Nov 5, 2013
Hey peopele finally back to original Firmware thnx all

now the IMEI different than under the battery ..... it connects to the networks then goes to emergency call only

have the same problem, but i flashed kitkat from sammobile, then my original imei and serial number have changed and cant get them back, tried twrp recovery but not working with kitkat firmware. tried to downgrade to stock firmware but error.

gsm only network dont register on network, mine is European sim card too.

how can get my original serial and imei

Khaled24

Jan 15, 2014
have the same problem, but i flashed kitkat from sammobile, then my original imei and serial number have changed and cant get them back, tried twrp recovery but not working with kitkat firmware. tried to downgrade to stock firmware but error.

gsm only network dont register on network, mine is European sim card too.

how can get my original serial and imei

-Same problem here.....any suggestions ??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Switch on the phone by pressing power+home+volume down. This will take you to download mode. Knox status will be displayed there.

If you are on 4.4.2, you can't downgrade to MJ7.

I have no idea how you managed to get a new with a new ROM.
    But you can always try flashing the ROM you downloaded. You don't need anything else. Just read a couple of guides on Odin flashing.
    Hello,

Thanks in advance

Sounds like someone flashed CM for you --- Settings > about device and tell us what OS it is and what version

Follow this

_these command leads to an error ( sometimes it works and the imei is also different than under the battrey )

-I think that's coz of the region lock

Once you flash back to normal Stock Samsung it'll be better to grasp the IMEI errors, when dialling *#06# into the keypad it adds an extra number with a / mine is /01 iirc. for now, how about we get you back to Stock then sort the rest as we are unsure what is what. :good: