Samsung H720 Down grade NAE to MDC/MDL

Search This thread

phimtau123

May 18, 2010
I got it to work on 3G at one point then i did a stupid thing and update the radio to NAE. Now I'm only getting EDGE.

Is there a way to revert this? I read from various place that is it not possible to revert?

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
Yes you can revert modems via Odin but you cannot revert software via odin. So just grab the MDC or MDL modem tar and Odin it. I don't know of this will eliminate the Sim unlock that you have right now.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

phimtau123

May 18, 2010
Yes you can revert modems via Odin but you cannot revert software via odin. So just grab the MDC or MDL modem tar and Odin it. I don't know of this will eliminate the Sim unlock that you have right now.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Yea I tried multiple time but it never stick....Odin would say successful but going back to phone i would still see NAE.

And other time i would get a lockout with msg like "Software not authorize by Samsung detect" OR something about firmware update incomplete and to use KIES to complete.

I had to flash stock NAE full spring rom back to get back into the phone.

I got the MDC/MDL firmware from this thread....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2338919

phimtau123

May 18, 2010
Yea I tried multiple time but it never stick....Odin would say successful but going back to phone i would still see NAE.

And other time i would get a lockout with msg like "Software not authorize by Samsung detect" OR something about firmware update incomplete and to use KIES to complete.

I had to flash stock NAE full spring rom back to get back into the phone.

I got the MDC/MDL firmware from this thread....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2338919

Just Saw this and test this on my SP-H720...got to the service menu without downgrading to NAE and was able to get into Phone control and get 3G / H+

chris-allen

Jun 22, 2012
I am able to downgrade to MK2 from NEA. .. but that's about it..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app