Screen repair issues

Search This thread

Havoc1127

Jan 13, 2010
I have just replaced the lcd and digitizer for my Nexus 7. The repair was about as easy as expected. I put everything back together and all the ribbon cables are seated as they should be. My issue is that it will not power up or stay on when I fit the back cover on.
I can power on the device with the case half way on it powers up and the touchscreen is fine. I fit the back cover back on and it's like it shorts outs. The screen goes black.
I have pulled it apart again and have checked and rechecked all my cables and reseated the battery. Both boards are seated. The symptoms tell me it should be a poorly seated cable but they are seated just as I found them.

Has anyone else run into something like this or have any other ideas on what it might be?

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
I have just replaced the lcd and digitizer for my Nexus 7. The repair was about as easy as expected. I put everything back together and all the ribbon cables are seated as they should be. My issue is that it will not power up or stay on when I fit the back cover on.
I can power on the device with the case half way on it powers up and the touchscreen is fine. I fit the back cover back on and it's like it shorts outs. The screen goes black.
I have pulled it apart again and have checked and rechecked all my cables and reseated the battery. Both boards are seated. The symptoms tell me it should be a poorly seated cable but they are seated just as I found them.

Has anyone else run into something like this or have any other ideas on what it might be?

That's a tight fit. Secure those ribbons and connectors with some tape. They are almost surely unseating.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Havoc1127

Jan 13, 2010
Thanks for the response. I taped just about everything I could down to keep everything stationary. I was able to get the back cover on and boot back up. Everything functions now however whatever my issue is with shorting out or in some cases locking up appears to be from the bottom left hand corner.