[HOWTO] Fix Android Market Unsuccessful Download Problem

Search This thread

AlCaTrAz86

Oct 16, 2010
Bucharest
Froyo update comes from samsung's server, nothing to do with google or the market.

There is another thread in the q&a forum - switch off automatic updates, and all comes back to life. Mine has been working since last night, no issues since.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

... I know the update comes from samsung servers...but i think they check with Google first .... Anyway ... the motive for writing this was the complains and all the stupid things that people do to the phones, and after they brick them they come to the forum and ask for help !!! for about 3 days the market download was off for me to ... but I waited and didn't do anything ... now , when i got home checked and ITS WORKING !! Don`t rush into things...rooting,flashing,deleting anything until you know for sure the cause of the problem !!!

lgkahn

Mar 26, 2010
londonderry
Market not working all of a sudden

Worked a couple of hours ago now suddenly download unsuccessful... have a feeling it is overloaded with everyone downloading new version of Google maps.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk

yiannisthegreek

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
[Q] Help with Market issue? Please...

Hi All,

I seem to be having an issue with the market today and wondering if anyone can help me?

I tried to update some items using the "update all" option and things got weird from there. It sat on Downloading for a long time and then said Download Paused... from there when it started up again it almost immediately said Download unsucessful.

I have cleared the Market cache and rebooted the phone and now it seems that SOME items will download and some continue to follow the explaination above.

Can anyone help or give me advise on this?

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
according to the reports at the moment it seems like just an issue with Android Market itself

not your phone

let me try mine

update!

same here, download unsuccessful
it is definitely Market having some problem

Last edited:

ImraanK

Oct 7, 2010
Durban
Is the market working ?

Just flashed to jm9..

Unable to download from market.. says "download unsuccessful"

Tried wipe, factory reset...

Also i rooted before i did those.. will that affect my root ?

Google talk works...

nuhbiwan

May 9, 2009
Just googled for market problems and found the last entries in this topic. I use a rooted HTC Desire and have the same problem for at least 10 hours. So I guess it's not a device issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    after my phone rooted i get one problem that is "market unsuccessful download problem " for any apps or games i tried to download it from the market.

so i will show you how to solve it

you will go to windows run command and type cmd
    1- go to android-sdk-windows folder
    2- go to tools folder
    3- type adb reboot recovery
    4- the phone will go to recovery mode screen
    5-you will find 4 options please select wipe cache partition (use the volume up and down to go throw options and press home to select )
    6- go to reboot system now and press home
    7- after that try to down load it will work

use this Reboot Control Widget (1.1).apk to help you go to recovery mod with out command

thanks i hop it will help..