[MOD]Gingerbread KBD with your custom dictionary

Search This thread

hallydamaster

Aug 27, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
First of all, do not get too excited, you will still need a binary dictionary file (main.dict) to implement in the keyboard.
If you do not know how to get this, I cannot help you as I am pretty sure all the ones I know off are copyrighted.

If you on the other hand know how to find one, it is dead easy implementing the dictionary file in this keyboard.
I used the Gingerbread keyboard from LeeDroid where the &amp symbol has been fixed (with thanks to -snq).

Using 7-Zip or WinRAR, navigate to /system/app and open LatinIME.apk (still in 7-Zip or WinRAR)
Navigate to res/raw and replace the main.dict with your custom one.

Close up and flash the zip in recovery after making nandroid and toggling verification.
Remember that I am not responsible for any damage you may encounter flashing edited apks!

I have only tested this with Danish, but it should in theory work with any language.

If anyone know of any binary dictionaries that are free to use, you are welcome to post them in this thread.
If you want to contribute making one yourself, then follow the guidelines from google code:
http://code.google.com/p/softkeyboard/wiki/BinaryDictionaries

You are very welcome to post them in this thread afterwards.

Attachments

• GingerbreadIME_symfix.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 468
Reactions: Misiek_ud and cypis

lebenskuenstler

Aug 5, 2010
Just a quick thought:

Might it be possible to use the word databae from the Hunspell project (http://hunspell.sourceforge.net/)? They are opensource. We would have to think how to transfer the data to google's format. I am very bad in scripting, but I will spend some thoughts on this.

LK

bilocan

Jan 2, 2009
Further details

Hi. I am also looking for a danish spell-check (for CM7 on Legend)

What is the purpose in opening the file you have uploaded and navigate to the LatinIME.apk file? When I open it, it wants to install it.

Another noob question, where to find "res/raw" directory?

Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all, do not get too excited, you will still need a binary dictionary file (main.dict) to implement in the keyboard.
    If you do not know how to get this, I cannot help you as I am pretty sure all the ones I know off are copyrighted.

If you on the other hand know how to find one, it is dead easy implementing the dictionary file in this keyboard.
    I used the Gingerbread keyboard from LeeDroid where the &amp symbol has been fixed (with thanks to -snq).

Using 7-Zip or WinRAR, navigate to /system/app and open LatinIME.apk (still in 7-Zip or WinRAR)
    Navigate to res/raw and replace the main.dict with your custom one.

Close up and flash the zip in recovery after making nandroid and toggling verification.
    Remember that I am not responsible for any damage you may encounter flashing edited apks!

I have only tested this with Danish, but it should in theory work with any language.

If anyone know of any binary dictionaries that are free to use, you are welcome to post them in this thread.
    If you want to contribute making one yourself, then follow the guidelines from google code:
    http://code.google.com/p/softkeyboard/wiki/BinaryDictionaries

You are very welcome to post them in this thread afterwards.