[Official Unlocking Bootloader] HBOOT HTC Desire

Search This thread

Aiuspaktyn

Mar 11, 2006
Naples
HTC is committed to assisting customers in unlocking bootloaders for HTC Desire:

http://www.htcdev.com/ruu/PB9920000_Bravo_Froyo_hboot_1.03.0003_R.exe

http://www.htcdev.com/ruu/PB9940000_BravoC_S-RUU_Alltel_UTSI_001-27_hboot_1.09.exe

http://www.htcdev.com/ruu/PB9940000_BravoC_S-RUU_UTSI_028-47_hboot_1.09.exe

After this you must reboot in FastBoot Mode and type in Command Prompt: fastboot oem get_identifier_tokenSubmit

Then submit the token in order to receive your unlock code binary file...

When copying the token, start with this line:

<<<< Identifier Token Start >>>>

And end with this line:

<<<<< Identifier Token End >>>>>

The difference with the official way is that you only unlock the bootloader. You don't get S-OFF so you can't make changes 'on the fly' with Android running, you'd need to do changes with the phone in HBOOT/fastboot mode.

Last edited:

Aiuspaktyn

Mar 11, 2006
Naples
ohbhtc.png

Link: http://www.filefactory.com/file/c04...9.00.32U_5.11.05.27_release_224699_signed.exe

If you are using AlphaRev's HBOOT, you should flash downgrade hboot first to be able to flash any other hboot...

Last edited:
Reactions: gregbrooker

flakeydan

Aug 17, 2008
London
I tried this last night but when I tried to flash the unlock binary file it just sat there then came up failed.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

Droidzone

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 24, 2010
Kochi
www.droidzone.in
OnePlus 9 Pro
FYI.. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=662710
Rom Development - only meant for very advanced technical discussion directly related to ROM development activity and the delivery of actual ROMs and ROM components ONLY. Nothing else goes in here.

If you have developed a ROM, or are working with others to do so, the development forum is somewhere to discuss and share ideas, post useful feedback and logs or crash dumps, and to discuss a common goal developers are trying to achieve.
So remember... before you start a thread in development, ask yourself what you are developing. If you can't answer, then stop, step away from the post button, and think about where you are posting. Would it be better in General or Q&A, or is some more time with your best friend, search, required?

Reactions: KuliX

bortak

Sep 28, 2010
London
Thanks, but kinda obsolete don't ya think?When we have the cool devs writing tools like revolutionary.

it's what I was thinking, what's the point of unlocking it with this.. and if you do that I bet you won't be able to flash an alpharev hboot since you can't roll back hboot version, and running revolutionary won't work since it's different hboot version.

That's my hypothesis on this anyway.

Droidzone

Sep 24, 2010
Kochi
www.droidzone.in
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yup. Correct. Unless you flash a hexedited version of this hboot, which has the version downgraded. :) Any guineapigs? It's useless, unless you plan to retain HTC's stock recovery to flash custom roms. Which again is useless..

erklat

Nov 14, 2010
Yup. Correct. Unless you flash a hexedited version of this hboot, which has the version downgraded. :) Any guineapigs? It's useless, unless you plan to retain HTC's stock recovery to flash custom roms. Which again is useless..

That is self explanatory. But I'm used to us with rational thinking being on the defense.

SwiftKeyed from my HTC Desire using XDA App.

Droidzone

Sep 24, 2010
Kochi
www.droidzone.in
OnePlus 9 Pro
That is self explanatory. But I'm used to us with rational thinking being on the defense.

Including me.. There's no way to be completely sure that the hexedited portion is the correct bit which decides the version. I flashed a hexedited hboot onto my device, and it did downgrade the version number displayed on the hboot screen, but that does not mean the version lock happens there.

But for fun, you can change the bit that says Alpharev/Revolutionary to whatever you like. ;)

erklat

Nov 14, 2010
htc have Fu##ed me bad

Sorry to say but it was you who ****ed yourself over, not htc. But as you have the answer to the rest of your query at the same page, yet you didn't read it, I guess that clears how that happened.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC is committed to assisting customers in unlocking bootloaders for HTC Desire:

http://www.htcdev.com/ruu/PB9920000_Bravo_Froyo_hboot_1.03.0003_R.exe

http://www.htcdev.com/ruu/PB9940000_BravoC_S-RUU_Alltel_UTSI_001-27_hboot_1.09.exe

http://www.htcdev.com/ruu/PB9940000_BravoC_S-RUU_UTSI_028-47_hboot_1.09.exe

After this you must reboot in FastBoot Mode and type in Command Prompt: fastboot oem get_identifier_tokenSubmit

Then submit the token in order to receive your unlock code binary file...

When copying the token, start with this line:

<<<< Identifier Token Start >>>>

And end with this line:

<<<<< Identifier Token End >>>>>

The difference with the official way is that you only unlock the bootloader. You don't get S-OFF so you can't make changes 'on the fly' with Android running, you'd need to do changes with the phone in HBOOT/fastboot mode.
    On top there is Revolutionary in pink background.
    Below the info is:
    BRAVO PVT3 SHIP S-OFF
    HBOOT-6.93.1002

Recovery:
    I get a black and blue Revolutionary CWM v.4.0.1.4 screen
    But if I choose the first option, Reboot system now, I get only a screen with a plain blue Revolutionary logo.
    Wipe cache partion, Power off, Advanced, etc give the same. I get no confirmation of anything done.

Fastboot:
    This gives the following options:
    Bootloader (in green)
    Reboot (in orange)
    Reboot bootloader (in purple)
    Power down (in red)

So the reason you're failing to unlock the bootloader....is because it's ALREADY unlocked.

That's what "S-OFF" means...

So you can already full wipe and flash a custom rom with a higher Android version if you wish.

I would advise to change to 4EXT recovery as it's much better beforehand however.

- Setup adb and fastboot from here, read up particularly on the fastboot part

- Flash the attached recovery.img attached using fastboot

- (Optional but recommended to optimise space) Flash recommended hboot depending on ROM's requirements, use same guide linked.

- (Backup sd card if you need to)

- Partition sdcard for additional space using 4EXT recovery (maximum 2GB ext4 partition)

- Full wipe within 4EXT recovery ('wipe all partitions except sdcard' option)

- Flash ROM.zip of your choice, enable A2SD if required, check ROM thread.

There are guides on all of this if it doesn't make sense.
    Hi. Does it take to long for HTCdev to send the email with the unlock code? Because I've been waiting for hours and still nothing... :confused:

You gave them an incorrect email.

Why don't you just use revolutionary?
    It works

Just to let people know that the following worked for me:
    HTC Desire Telstra ROM 2.26.841.2

1) Unlock phone via HTC official process (registration required)

You are now unlocked S-ON but have no root access on the existing rom, however by doing it the official way you dont need to flash the radio anyway. I used the following steps to get CM7 installed on mine.

2) Downloaded ClockworkMod Recovery 5 (GSM not CDMA)
    download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-bravo.img
    (sorry - forum wont let me post urls yet)

3) reboot phone into fastboot

4) In the environment you set up for the HTC unlock process enter
    > fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-bravo.img

5) Go into ClockworkMod recovery
    RECOVERY (Use trackpad, not power to select)
    Do a full backup of your current rom

6) Start phone and connect to PC
    copy off backup (clockworkmod/backup) to a safe place

I then pretty much followed the CM7 instructions:
    wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/HTC_Desire_(GSM):_Full_Update_Guide#Method_via_Recovery

7) Download CM7 and Google Apps
    wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Latest_Version#HTC_Desire_.28GSM.29
    wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Latest_Version#Google_Apps

8) Copy the two zip files onto your sdcard

9) Go into ClockworkMod Recovery and load the ROM

wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache
    install zip from sdcard
    choose zip from sdcard
    select update-cm-7.1.0-Desire-signed.zip
    repeat for gapps-XXX-signed.zip

Cross fingers and reboot - I haven't found any problems yet...
    ohbhtc.png

Link: http://www.filefactory.com/file/c04...9.00.32U_5.11.05.27_release_224699_signed.exe

If you are using AlphaRev's HBOOT, you should flash downgrade hboot first to be able to flash any other hboot...