[Apr 29]Dutty's WM6.1 Hybrid v2 5.2.19716/5.2.19700 [User Guide & ChangeLog in Post 2

Search This thread

erichoo

Jan 26, 2008
Help! How to redefine the keyboard code??

I bought Kaiser in Hong Kong. And there are some differences between the two kinds of keyboards. So the problem is, after i flash an English-based ROM (guess also European version ROM and keyboard definition), i encounter some input errors.

eg. on the physical keyboard of the European version, 'A' and '_' are on the same key, while on that of HK version, 'A' and "Tab' are on the same key.
So, since I have HK physical keyboard & European ROM, when i press 'Fn' plus 'Tab', actually i input a '_'.

I was wondering, if i can install some other single file as a patch to my system to solve it. I really love Dutty's ROMs...

Anybody can help??? Tks a lot!!!

Attachments

• Keyboard-English.jpg
    Keyboard-English.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 62

blogzter

Apr 1, 2008
Re:

Swith radio's then. I was having SMS issues with this radio (1.64) so I switched to the best radio ... NIKI 1.58.16.27 .... great speed...awesome reception....

:D

I did use the 1.58.16.27 before. It was better than the 1.64.x.x but i'm sure I still had problems with getting calls that I didn't hear anything on the other side while they were probably going like "riiiiiiight, can't hear me huh?" :p

P1Tater

Retired Senior Moderator
Nov 28, 2007
In UR Head
OK, I am only going to post this once. If you are having reception issues or anything dealing with the radio. Flash a different one. It's no big deal. Dutty includes them for convenience. If you dont like it, use the link in my sig or the millions floating out there and flash a new one. Flash it just like you did the rom or flash it via your SD card. If you flash it via your Sd card, copy the .nbh file to your root directory and rename it to KAISIMG.nbh exactly and enter bootloader. It will continue form there. Just follow the on screen directions.

wildwillis

Oct 6, 2007
Syracuse, NY
SDConfig and exchange servers

This was is the first ROM that I've attempted to utilize UC with (basically wasted the whole day wiht it) and I've been pretty successful thanks to a lot of searching and learning from everyone's hard work.

I've been able to set owner info & my weather location, set up email addresses, and even make some registry tweaks. The one thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to configure an exchange server through xml provisioning though. I've been trying to set up a mail2wed server that I've been using, but running the following code gives me the following results:

1. Can't connect to my network
2. Can't connect to Activesync (won't even turn green)

Here's the code I got from a post somewhere in the forumn:

<wap-provisioningdoc>
<characteristic type="Sync">
<characteristic type="Connection">
<parm name="Server" value="mobile.exchange.mail2web.com"/>
<parm name="AllowSSLOption" value="1"/>
<parm name="User" value="MyEmail@mail2web.com"/>
<parm name="Domain" value=""/>
<parm name="Password" value="MyPassword"/>
<parm name="SavePassword" value="1"/>
</characteristic>
<characteristic type="Mail">
<parm name="Enabled" value="1"/>
</characteristic>
<characteristic type="Calendar">
<parm name="Enabled" value="0"/>
</characteristic>
<characteristic type="Contacts">
</characteristic>
<characteristic type="Tasks">
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
</wap-provisioningdoc>

For those that are familiar with this, you can see that I only want to sync up email. Any suggestions. Is anyone successfully configuring an exchange server like this? When I run this, I end up having to remove the line that runs this xml file in sdconfig and then perform a hard reset to get back to normal.

ROM is great when I leave this out though. Would just like to figure it out so I can flash more frequently in the future without having to go through a ton of settings afterwards. Thansk for any help!

P1Tater

Retired Senior Moderator
Nov 28, 2007
In UR Head

zibbie

Jul 27, 2007
Suburban Essex County, NJ
Keeps hanging at 93 percent....

I've recovered 5 times, but it still only gets to 93%. Any ideas?

Also what key do I need to change to get back Live Search by Live Search and not Google?

dwsco

Jul 12, 2006
Progreso, Yucatan
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Nice Dutty ROM as usual but...

I like the look, like the keyboard, dialer and the calc skins and the GIFs. Also liked the balance of what came stock, only had to install a couple of apps. Seemed pretty snappy but then I started getting freezing on the nocube version. Flashed the lite version and same thing. Might be this Ferdanken radio but then again maybe not. So, until I can flash the radio that comes with it it's back to HyperDragon II... sigh...

xboomer55

Dec 25, 2007
question dutty. is there a reason you started to include tcpmp with youtube support? im just asking as i use the newer .81 version of tcpmp because of the need to stream things through orb and its the only version that works. just asking as i really like your full roms and wouldnt want to use a lite rom just to install my preferred version of tcpmp. no biggie and thanks
Still using Dutty's 1_5.2.19400 (April 26) where he included TCPMP .72 and Orb is streaming live TV from my home PC w/ tuner flawlessly.

I had added recompiled .72 w/ flash video bundle to the earlier April 16 ROM on another tilt but it pauses periodically.

I am running the two tilts side by side and trying to see how dutty got it so good on the 19400 ROM.

Dutty got this right from what I exoerience.

P1Tater

Retired Senior Moderator
Nov 28, 2007
In UR Head
I like the look, like the keyboard, dialer and the calc skins and the GIFs. Also liked the balance of what came stock, only had to install a couple of apps. Seemed pretty snappy but then I started getting freezing on the nocube version. Flashed the lite version and same thing. Might be this Ferdanken radio but then again maybe not. So, until I can flash the radio that comes with it it's back to HyperDragon II... sigh...

It very well could be that dang radio that AT$T decided to bless us with. Combined with the hybrid might be messing with you. However, I would check and make sure you ahd the V2 versions and not the ones prior to the fixes that Dutty u/l this afternoon.

P1Tater

Retired Senior Moderator
Nov 28, 2007
In UR Head
I started off with the NIKI Radio (1.58.11.07)..now i have the Polaris (1.58.21.23)..what one will be best for my area?

Only you can figure that out unfortunately. I'm not trying to be rude, but really only you can tell that. The only way to trully find out is to flash until you find a radio that works for you. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just come back from work just want to know how the rom is doing, still got some bits that might need fixing, but is this Hybrid worth working on.

missing tab function I notice will try to get that fix but for now really busy again so will work on it day by day. Thanks again for all ur support:)

This ROM is horrible, I am just sacrificing myself leaving it on the phone :D

-McMex