Dzo's Aurora ICS for u8800 - General Discussion

Search This thread

Mach III

Mar 29, 2011
Custom sms and ringtones hasn't been working for me since 2.04. I,m using gosms pro to choose ringtones, but all I get now is the default pling or nothing at all. Anybody else with this problem?

chochweet

Aug 23, 2011
I've just flashed my x5 with the u8800 aurora rom. All went well when flashing, but when I go to boot, I get to the screen saying IDEOS, and it stays there. I've left it alone for 30 minutes, and when I get back, it is still there.
I've already updated Clockwork mod to 5.0.2.7.
It's not a major problem, because oxygen rom is still working, but i'm keen to update to ics, and the MIUI roms dont seem to agree with my phone.

hi
u cant install the aurora with 5.0.2.7
u first need to update ur mobile to official 2.3. go for official update package 517 or 518, then install a 5.5.0.4 recovery to ur phone and then try to flash ur rom with aurora or any other rom with .35 kernel
hope u have understood

riDDimann

Feb 3, 2012
Well, dzo's own instructions read:
To install, you must have upgraded to the official gingerbread rom and installed CWM recovery 5.0.2.7 or 5.5.0.4.
So either of these is OK. All I can report is that I've always used 5.5.0.4 for Aurora and never had any problems installing. And I don't see a reason why you would want to use an older version.
The official GB bit is very clear though and I don't see how so many people miss it. It's there in the first sentence of the installation instructions. I'm always afraid I might brick my phone, so I read the instructions thoroughly.

ersink

Apr 6, 2012
Hi all! I installed 2.09 and all things gone good!But when I zoomed in the camera, the photo taken is not zoomed! İs that a bug?:confused: Sorry my bad Eng.

JoseRebelo

Jul 18, 2011
Hi all! I installed 2.09 and all things gone good!But when I zoomed in the camera, the photo taken is not zoomed! İs that a bug?:confused: Sorry my bad Eng.
It is a bug, but since it is software zoom, you can just crop the picture to get the zoomed image. Zoom on the phone won't improve quality.

Tcm9669

Apr 2, 2007
Custom sms and ringtones hasn't been working for me since 2.04. I,m using gosms pro to choose ringtones, but all I get now is the default pling or nothing at all. Anybody else with this problem?

For me.. sometimes that happens at random and I will have to reset them!!!!!! That used to happen to me all the time in 2.04, it is because they are on my sdcard.. what I had to do was copy the ringtones into /system/media .. that fixed it but I dont like wasting /system space with ringtones!

So I reformatted my SDCard... now the problem only happened to me once in 2.07. So.. my suggestion is, backup your SDCard, do a quick format, restore your SDcard files.

Tmp341

Dec 18, 2011
I have just installed 2.10. I was having problems while on a call.I had to shout.How can i fix this? x5 settings?

divinex7

Aug 15, 2011
hi.. on my u8800 the default launcher on aurora doesn't show the notifications... i had 2.08 and now i have 2.09 and i cant open the notifications tab.. i slide down and nothing happens.. with go launcher works.. and i've been searching in the threads and no one seems to be having this problem... any ideas?

boss_y

Jun 27, 2006
With latest 2.10 it always changes ringtone to default (my is on sd card) when restarting the phone, also alarm in clock.

Sent from my U8800 using Tapatalk 2

Migueluxo

Feb 26, 2012
Lisbon
Hi there, I'm having a problem with my camera when trying to take pictures with instagram, I'm using ics 2.09 and i take pictures without any problem, only when I'm using instagram the app crashes :(. I did a clean to the app cache snd to the ics but the problem persists... Any solutions ?

Sent from my U8800 using xda premium

cswords

Apr 22, 2011
Melbourne
Fring VOIP doesn't work

Hi, I am trying Fring on any new version of U8800 Aurora ICS.

The app can be launched but when I use fringout or SIP it crashes.

I will keep trying that because it is useful to me.

fjsferreira

Nov 16, 2009
Ponta Delgada
Xiaomi Mi 11i
Little trick ;D
If you suffer from this:
when your wifi is on and you reboot the phone, in the next boot it connects automatically to the network but has no internet connectivity (icon always grey).

The solution is simple, in llama (you really should install this app), create two events, one for turning wifi off just before rebooting and one to turn it on after boot, it then connects correctly to the network.

Also, if you still have the problem with no softkey backlight when rebooting in manual screen brightness (should be fixed in 2.10 though) , create again two events, one for setting auto brightness just before a reboot and one to set your prefered brightness after booting.

With those events in llama, you won't even notice those two bugs anymore.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts