[App]Cinemo(0.9.5) - Movie Showtimes for VGA Phones with CF3.5

Search This thread

danielgary

Dec 15, 2008
Cinemo is an application for finding movie showtimes and information for your area(USA and Canada only, as far as I know). You can use either your postal code or GPS to find your location.

v0.9.5
Changes
Code:
Fixed a potential issue with automatic updates.
Allow GPS to determine location.

Screenshots:
movies.png

theaters.png

location.png

I have just released a new version of Cinemo. From now on Cinemo will be hosted here: http://www.danielgary.net/cinemo/

The new version is really just an interim release that enables image caching for the movie posters and allows automatic updates to Cinemo. A message box will pop up to notify you when the new version is being installed.

Direct link to download: http://www.danielgary.net/cinemo/CinemoSetup.cab

P.S. I know the site is ugly. I threw something up there just to host the file for now. I will get something pretty later.

PPS
Mods could you please delete the previous thread found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=497225

Last edited:

kart_racer3

Dec 30, 2008
When I attempted to install this to my memory card the installation would fail; however, the installation to device memory was successful. Can this only be installed to device memory?

Edit: Maybe for a future update you could query the "total $ gross" for each film on the list? Might be a cool addition.

Last edited:

outphase

Aug 5, 2007
Works well. One suggestion is to have a list of theaters that are within some range of your zip code. Many people go to neighboring zips to go to their preferred theaters.

I will be keeping an eye on this as it would be more convenient than loading up Fandango every time.

Coucher

Jun 23, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I get a "No movie times were found for your area." dialog box regardless of the zipcode I enter.

:confused:

Running on a Sprint Touch Pro, WM 6.1, stock Sprint ROM.

danielgary

Dec 15, 2008
I get a "No movie times were found for your area." dialog box regardless of the zipcode I enter.

Running on a Sprint Touch Pro, WM 6.1, stock Sprint ROM.

I would imagine that you do not have a data connection open or available. Can you hit the internet with your phone? Try disconnecting it from the computer if the USB cable is connected.

im unable to dowload via my ppc.... it just snow a bunch of code and at ppcgeeks the attatchment isnot valid

Direct link: http://www.danielgary.net/cinemo/CinemoSetup.cab

Coucher

Jun 23, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I would imagine that you do not have a data connection open or available. Can you hit the internet with your phone? Try disconnecting it from the computer if the USB cable is connected.

I was able to hit the internet and use other data connection apps fine. I did have it connected to the PC. Disconnected, no change. Cinemo wouldn't work, other apps would.

Did a soft reset, everything works fine. I guess there must have been something that didn't take or load completely until after the soft reset.

Great app, thanks for the work!

danielgary

Dec 15, 2008
Just letting everyone know I have movie synopsis working on my test build. Look for a new update to Cinemo in the next 24-48 hours. It SHOULD automatically update itself when you run it. I will post letting you know when it should be available.

irus

Jun 29, 2007
thanks for this app i would love to be able to watch the trailer. maybe you could link it with the youtube app :D

adeadby30v

Dec 8, 2008
Los Angeles
awesome app, been following it since the first thread. the only thing missing for me would be saving favorite theaters other than that this is perfect. it's helped me out a couple times, thanks!

JPHCCFC

Apr 9, 2006
Toronto Canada
looks like this is going to be a great app - I am in Canada and i cant seem to enter a Canadian postcode as it caters for zip codes only! I also tried the GPS and it found no cinemas in my area and im downtown Toronto!

Potential feature add: would be great if you could add a feature to be able to enter dvd titles and get it to check the ratings on imdb and metacritic!

Cheezoos

Jan 6, 2009
:)Hey thanks for the great app!

Is there a way to add more theaters to the list?
I have to change my area to get different theaters and i much rather just have all the theaters within the area be displayed.

Vancouver, BC, canada working decently!

flyinonice4

Nov 24, 2008
I agree with some of the others. There needs to be an option for more movie theatres both when viewing the actual movie times and in the theatres tab. Also, itd be nice to check times for other days in advance. Like being able to view the times for Thursday when it is still Monday. Other than that I think it looks really good. Until theres more theatres I am stuck using Live search :(

Last edited:

orlandojumpoff

Sep 6, 2007
every time i change the zipcode the app shuts down with an error. also, sometimes when i open the app it shuts down with an error. tried it on my sprint diamond and touch pro with same results. when it does open without errors it works great though. is there an explanation why there are errors so often? i'd say i've received an error about 40% of the time.

thanks for making this, it's a great idea and very useful. it's much easier and faster than having to open a mobile browser or some other app. keep up the development!

supersobbie

May 21, 2007
Nice App but I have been having issues. I am using Energy ROM 3.0. I am not sure if it is because of the 3.7 .Net that he is use or some other reason but I am recieveing a message "failed: \storage card\program files\Cinemo\Cinemo.exe"

I am not sure why I have started to get this. I have more then enough room on my SD card. I have used it in the past and liked the app. Would love to have it on my cell but I am not going to change roms.

So, basically can anyone confirm issues on install? does it have to do with the 3.7 .Net that is being used?

Thanks,
SoBBie

unitea

Jul 19, 2008
pretty cool app.

i think it would be nice if you could enter your user account information for fandango.com or movietickets.com. that way if you see the movie you want to go see, you can just tap a "buy now" button, and you are good to go. maybe it could pull the confirmation number as well or something.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New versions

Hi, I'm the author of Cinemo.

It has been a while since I released an update. I am currently working on Cinemo 2, which will support a larger array of device screen sizes, and will offer trailers, cast list, and synopsis, as well as allow you to install it to the storage card(I know its frustrating).

I am hoping to have it submitted to the marketplace, but I will post here and update everyone later.

Thanks for continuing to use Cinemo, and I am sorry it has been so long since an update. I'm a dad and a husband, so I don't have tons of free time.

Regards,
    Daniel

Thanks for sharing the program...it's simple to the point. When I do use it, I like how it get's me the info quickly so I see what's out around me. A synopsis would be awesome for deciding which movie to see.

I just hope the app doesn't get bogged down.
    +1 to use the already downloaded data when the app is loaded...and maybe auto-download if data is too old...just suggestions/requests :)