[Cellcrypt App] -Encrypts Voice Calls and SMS

Search This thread

iunlock

May 22, 2010
Galaxy
Just curious if there are any fellow Note 3 users of this app: Cellcrypt

And if so, what your thoughts are on it? This is the first that I've seen with voice encryption.

It seems pretty legit, but it's interesting how there's an office in the state of Virginia. :rolleyes:

Just thinking outside of the box: If I was one of the three letter gov @GenTcies and wanted to create a platform to lure in those who's wanting secure communication, wouldn't it be proactive to create or have your hands in with a company who develops these kind of things?

I just have a trust issue with big companies and the you know who's being so nosy. Heck, I don't even trust our carriers...

So the big question is, for those who need secure communication (encrypted) what would be the best way to go? :confused:

Cellcrypt uses your data pipeline.

Last edited:

the-Mike_D

Sep 1, 2011
Your common sense already gave you the answer to your question. It may be nice encryption for general privacy but the big 3 letter gov agencies will surely have access to anything you say. If you don't believe it then try the men in black litmus test. Say something naughty that you know people dare not say and see if men in black show up to greet you ;)
Knowing all this I still sometimes use redphone and textsecure.

Last edited:

iunlock

May 22, 2010
Galaxy
Granted, using a VPN with Cellcrypt or RedPhone would make it a heck of a lot harder for intruders.

The only way I see it possible for anyone (carrier and them) to get anything from you is obviously from the carrier themselves being in bed with "them," to sell themselves out upon their request. (Logs etc...) However, with your phone connecting to the tower and the data being encrypted along with a vpn (already encrypted data within a vpn encrypted tunnel), I'm still having a hard time comprehending how the data can be cracked? We're talking some serious encryption that would even take super computers thousands++++ of years to even 'not even make a dent.'

Looking at it from a birds eye view:
Phone -> VPN -> Cellcrypt or RedPhone App -> Encrypted Data -> Tower -> VPN exit server -> Encrypted Data -> www/sms/voip

The only point of interception is the companies themselves..ie..Cellcrypt / RedPhone etc...

But, even then how would they be able to crack the encryption? (Probably because they hold the encryption keys?)

It would be interesting to get some insight on all this from the fellow members who are well versed in this stuff....

:good:

Your common sense already gave you the answer to your question. It may be nice encryption for general privacy but the big 3 letter gov agencies will surely have access to anything you say. If you don't believe it then try the men in black litmus test. Say something naughty that you know people dare not say and see if men in black show up to greet you ;)
Knowing all this I still sometimes use redphone and textsecure.