Motorola is preparing something for European friends

Search This thread

King p1n

Jul 26, 2013
Paul O'Brien's Twitter. Specific price wasn't mentioned, just that it won't be as good as they get in the US.

Interesting as there's a job listing for a Moto Maker UK Programme Manager on the Moto website.

And a shame about the price If true.
Though I probably wouldnt be able to afford anyway lol
I hope for there sake its not too premium, Moto have been away from the market, they havent got that cosumer trust to be trying to enter the market at really high prices.

Merri1

Jan 12, 2011
Thurles
Motorola seems to have died, but now Moto G is equipped with Android OS version 4.3 KitKat. It is amazing. Expect the next products from Motorola

I would expect Motorola's recent phones (Moto G/Moto X) and quick Android updates have been influenced somewhat by Google's ownership. ;)

Last edited:

Kidy973

Feb 19, 2013
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 5
There is something I don't understand, how can Motorola release Moto X at 429€ in France ?
They see that with a 399$ price tag, it sell well, so how can they but an higher price on a 5 month old phone. So disappointed, moto g seems to be a better option.

darkeingel

Apr 7, 2010
Bucharest
The price dissapoints me badly.

I was expecting a similar scheme as on Moto G at least! But this is just plain stupid! You release a phone that is somehow old and already discounted in US at a higher price in your "next billion users" market!

I only see the awful "old Motorola" approach on this move!

"- Mrs. Woodsman, people are demanding MOTO X in Europe!
- Oh yeah? Then let's sell those black ones that are in our deposits for higher prices!"

TA-DAM! Marketing genius...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It appears that Motorola will unvieal something for Motorola fans in Europe, on the 14th.

Motorola will host a press event in the UK later this month, on January 14. The invitation to the event reveals that the company is about to welcome “a new addition to the European Motorola family of products” following the global introduction of the affordable Moto G.

Now, as exciting as the possibility of seeing a brand new Moto handset sounds, we are more inclined to believe that there won’t be such a thing in the near future. Instead, perhaps Motorola is finally bringing its Moto X to Europe (as you may already know, at the moment the Moto X is an America-only smartphone). This, of course, is just speculation, but it’s clear from the invitation that Motorola really has something new to show - albeit it might be new only to Europe.

January 14 is next Tuesday, so we have exactly one week before we find out what the upcoming event is all about. Meanwhile, we must also report that Moto G users in the UK are officially receiving Android 4.4.2 KitKat as of today (not too long after customers in the US got the update).

Motorola-UK-launch-event-Jan-14-2.jpg

source: PhoneArena