Rooting Sony Xperia P Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean [build 6.2.A.0.400]

Search This thread
Apr 29, 2013
The method to root the device by unlocking the bootloader is pretty easy but if you wish to root it with an unlocked bootloader, you would regret updating it to Jelly Bean, because the method requires you go back to ICS and flash Jelly Bean as a zip via CWM.

Please note that rooting voids the warranty of your device and I'm not responsible for any damage your device might incur with this tutorial.

Unlocking the bootloader wipes ur data... If u have unlocked ur bootloader this tutorial will not wipe ur data...Back up your data for any case

Steps to Root Xperia P on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean

1.Make sure you have unlocked the bootloader of your device from unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com

2.Download the flashable Superuser zip file and place it on your device’s SD card.

3. Download ThP_JB_kernel_v10.2.zip and unzip its contents.

4. You will find a .elf file. Place it in the Folder with ADB Files

***turn off the windows firewall and antivirus softwares installed in the computer.

5. Turn Off your phone, Open command prompt in the location where you have the ADB files and the .elf file ( Hold Shift in the folder and right click- Open Command Promt) and type the command “fastboot flash boot [name of kernel].elf” (without quotes) (if your elf file is named "kernel-unsigned.elf" type this command fastboot flash boot kernel-unsigned.elf ) Press enter in command and then boot your phone into fastboot mode ( To do this, press and hold volume up button and connect it to USB. If you see Blue LED, your device is in fastboot mode )

6. This gives you CWM

7. Unplug USB and reboot your phone. When you see "weird" Sony logo, keep pressing Volume down button continuously(DONT HOLD IT, PRESS IT FEW TIMES) and you will see purple LED and you are now in recovery mode.

8.In CWM, select “install zip from SD card>Choose zip from SD card” and select the zip file you placed in your SD card in Step 2.( In CMW use VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons to go "up and down"and POWER Button like "continue"

9. After you flash it, go back and Select “advanced” and choose “wipe dalvik cache”.
Return to main menu. Then select “wipe data factory reset”.
Return and this time choose “wipe cache partition”.
Return and select “reboot system now”.
Your handset should start in Android OS now.

Last edited:

showham

Dec 28, 2010
The method to root the device by unlocking the bootloader is pretty easy but if you wish to root it with an unlocked bootloader, you would regret updating it to Jelly Bean, because the method requires you go back to ICS and flash Jelly Bean as a zip via CWM.

What a load of crap man, why spam the forum with this post?!
Just use doomlord to root the device, it works on JB as on ICS.
Please READ OLDER POSTS!!!
Can a moderator please remove this thread from forum?

D

Deleted member 4594770

Doomlord's method is for 6.2.A.1.100 build only

showham

Dec 28, 2010
Works with ICS too. And v. 400 is jb too.

Sent from my LT22i using xda app-developers app

Apr 29, 2013
It's not a spam

Doomlord's method was not working for my phone Sony Xperia P Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean [build 6.2.A.0.400] with locked bootloader. I tried a number of methods to root my phone, but failed. Even, Doomlord's tool with the latest version. But it showed it did't support 6.2.A.0.400. At last I got the above mentioned method from xda developers forum itself and worked well with my cell. So I reposted the same one with some small changes that I have done while rooted my phone. Now it is working perfectly.

Wind07

Jun 24, 2013
Singapore
Doomlord's method was not working for my phone Sony Xperia P Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean [build 6.2.A.0.400] with locked bootloader. I tried a number of methods to root my phone, but failed. Even, Doomlord's tool with the latest version. But it showed it did't support 6.2.A.0.400. At last I got the above mentioned method from xda developers forum itself and worked well with my cell. So I reposted the same one with some small changes that I have done while rooted my phone. Now it is working perfectly.

I am sure a thread like this existed too...
EDIT: FOUND IT. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2249077

::::Recognized MoonBreakers For Ever::::
Sent from my iPhone 5S running Windows 95!

Last edited:
Reactions: shamal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What a load of crap man, why spam the forum with this post?!
    Just use doomlord to root the device, it works on JB as on ICS.
    Please READ OLDER POSTS!!!
    Can a moderator please remove this thread from forum?

Please note that rooting voids the warranty of your device and I'm not responsible for any damage your device might incur with this tutorial.

Unlocking the bootloader wipes ur data... If u have unlocked ur bootloader this tutorial will not wipe ur data...Back up your data for any case

Steps to Root Xperia P on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean

1.Make sure you have unlocked the bootloader of your device from unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com

2.Download the flashable Superuser zip file and place it on your device’s SD card.

3. Download ThP_JB_kernel_v10.2.zip and unzip its contents.

4. You will find a .elf file. Place it in the Folder with ADB Files

***turn off the windows firewall and antivirus softwares installed in the computer.

5. Turn Off your phone, Open command prompt in the location where you have the ADB files and the .elf file ( Hold Shift in the folder and right click- Open Command Promt) and type the command “fastboot flash boot [name of kernel].elf” (without quotes) (if your elf file is named "kernel-unsigned.elf" type this command fastboot flash boot kernel-unsigned.elf ) Press enter in command and then boot your phone into fastboot mode ( To do this, press and hold volume up button and connect it to USB. If you see Blue LED, your device is in fastboot mode )

6. This gives you CWM

7. Unplug USB and reboot your phone. When you see "weird" Sony logo, keep pressing Volume down button continuously(DONT HOLD IT, PRESS IT FEW TIMES) and you will see purple LED and you are now in recovery mode.

8.In CWM, select “install zip from SD card>Choose zip from SD card” and select the zip file you placed in your SD card in Step 2.( In CMW use VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons to go "up and down"and POWER Button like "continue"

9. After you flash it, go back and Select “advanced” and choose “wipe dalvik cache”.
    Return to main menu. Then select “wipe data factory reset”.
    Return and this time choose “wipe cache partition”.
    Return and select “reboot system now”.
    Your handset should start in Android OS now.

I am sure a thread like this existed too...
    EDIT: FOUND IT. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2249077

::::Recognized MoonBreakers For Ever::::
    Sent from my iPhone 5S running Windows 95!