[Q] Unroot and Reset without Screen? Pls help

Search This thread

Robbang

Feb 13, 2012
Hi,

ma phone ist broken: the whole screen is just white and has stripes of dead pixels across it:crying:
I would like to reset the whole phone to factory settings, as well as remove all apps and the root access, so I can send it back to LG an try to claim warranty.
I have not found anything on how to unroot the phone.:confused:
I can propably reset via the Boot menu (pressing down power button and volume down when booting). But then i still need to know how many times i have to press the down button to select reset, since i can not see anything on the screen.:p

Any suggestion on how to unroot?

My Phone does have the original LG Rom, however it is rooted an i removed some of the original Apps.
Will they come back to the phone when i do a factory reset?
Or will I have to flash the whole phone again with some stock Rom in these forums?
If i do flash, will these also remove root?

Thanks for any answeres!

dimi89

Mar 7, 2009
Xiaomi Mi Note 3
Hi,

ma phone ist broken: the whole screen is just white and has stripes of dead pixels across it:crying:
I would like to reset the whole phone to factory settings, as well as remove all apps and the root access, so I can send it back to LG an try to claim warranty.
I have not found anything on how to unroot the phone.:confused:
I can propably reset via the Boot menu (pressing down power button and volume down when booting). But then i still need to know how many times i have to press the down button to select reset, since i can not see anything on the screen.:p

Any suggestion on how to unroot?

My Phone does have the original LG Rom, however it is rooted an i removed some of the original Apps.
Will they come back to the phone when i do a factory reset?
Or will I have to flash the whole phone again with some stock Rom in these forums?
If i do flash, will these also remove root?

Thanks for any answeres!

Plug it to PC and update software from LG app it will delete root buit bootloader will still be unlocked (ig you inlocked it )

Robbang

Feb 13, 2012
Plug it to PC and update software from LG app it will delete root buit bootloader will still be unlocked (ig you inlocked it )

No i have the problem, that i am not able to see where to change the connection type when plugged in to the pc.
could you send me a creen shot of the screen, where you choose the connection-type?
I know i can get there by tapping on the notification bar when it is plugged in.
Or do you have an better idea how to resolve this?

Edit:

I have managed to change the connection settings by just tapping on the blind screen.
The LG Support Tool, which I got from the LG Website, tells me that my device is on the newest software, therefore I can not do an upgrade.
How do I solve this.

Secondly, on behalf of the first answere: How do I know if I unlocked the bootloader? I installed CWM, does that mean the bootloader is unlocked?

Thirdly, assume I somehow get to reset the phone and change everything back to factory settings and Apps, how do I know it worked without looking at the screen?

Man this thing is really tricky.

Last edited:

dimi89

Mar 7, 2009
Xiaomi Mi Note 3
No i have the problem, that i am not able to see where to change the connection type when plugged in to the pc.
could you send me a creen shot of the screen, where you choose the connection-type?
I know i can get there by tapping on the notification bar when it is plugged in.
Or do you have an better idea how to resolve this

Flesh then DZ file straight .No need to use screen. Try this >>>> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2179126

Reactions: Robbang

balloon27

May 4, 2013
Groningen
Edit:

I have managed to change the connection settings by just tapping on the blind screen.
The LG Support Tool, which I got from the LG Website, tells me that my device is on the newest software, therefore I can not do an upgrade.
How do I solve this.

You can force an upgrade using the LGmobile Support Tool. This can be found under options>update recovery in the upper right corner. I suggest you put your phone into s/w update mode before doing this though. To do this, hold the VOLUME DOWN button while plugging in the USB cable and keep holding it until you 'see' the s/w screen (not sure if this is an option for you, haha. Just make sure you hold the V- button for a bunch of seconds). As always, make sure you have all the drivers.

Secondly, on behalf of the first answere: How do I know if I unlocked the bootloader? I installed CWM, does that mean the bootloader is unlocked?

Usually the answer is if you don't know if you onlocked it, you didn't unlock it. But you need to have an unlocked bootloader in order to get CWM, so I guess you do have it unlocked. You can check in the secret menu. I believe the bootloader status is also shown in the upper left corner while in s/w update mode. But since your screen is dead, it's kinda hard to check.

Thirdly, assume I somehow get to reset the phone and change everything back to factory settings and Apps, how do I know it worked without looking at the screen?

Not sure if that's possible for you.. Perhaps someone else knows a solution for that..

Rudjgaard

Jun 11, 2012
Flashing the kdz will automatically format your system and data partitions
In case you aren't sure from adb shell you can run format system and format data commands or you can use fastboot erase <partition>
Always from adb you can enter the shell and use ls command to list contents of the phon and check if it was wiped

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Or do you have an better idea how to resolve this

Flesh then DZ file straight .No need to use screen. Try this >>>> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2179126
    Edit:

How do I solve this.

You can force an upgrade using the LGmobile Support Tool. This can be found under options>update recovery in the upper right corner. I suggest you put your phone into s/w update mode before doing this though. To do this, hold the VOLUME DOWN button while plugging in the USB cable and keep holding it until you 'see' the s/w screen (not sure if this is an option for you, haha. Just make sure you hold the V- button for a bunch of seconds). As always, make sure you have all the drivers.

Usually the answer is if you don't know if you onlocked it, you didn't unlock it. But you need to have an unlocked bootloader in order to get CWM, so I guess you do have it unlocked. You can check in the secret menu. I believe the bootloader status is also shown in the upper left corner while in s/w update mode. But since your screen is dead, it's kinda hard to check.

Not sure if that's possible for you.. Perhaps someone else knows a solution for that..
    Flashing the kdz will automatically format your system and data partitions
    In case you aren't sure from adb shell you can run format system and format data commands or you can use fastboot erase <partition>
    Always from adb you can enter the shell and use ls command to list contents of the phon and check if it was wiped