Soft button screen off

Search This thread

Mar 20, 2012
I'm on android 4.3 and noticed that it no longer has a soft screen off button on my notification pull down menu. I loved this feature on my previous ROM since it saves me from using the hard home or power buttons.

I looked through google play store but was unable to find an app. I don't need it to lock but to just turn off the screen.

Any suggestions please?

dicksteele

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 4, 2010
California
I'm on android 4.3 and noticed that it no longer has a soft screen off button on my notification pull down menu. I loved this feature on my previous ROM since it saves me from using the hard home or power buttons.

I looked through google play store but was unable to find an app. I don't need it to lock but to just turn off the screen.

Any suggestions please?

How did you turn the screen back on ???

You could use something like power toggles, add the toggles that locks screen, then go to lock screen and set it to none.

That worked for me. I just tried it. Not sure if that's really what you are looking for.....

That turns off the screen, and pressing home button or power button turns screen back on.

Reactions: 2545

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you look at "Screen Off and Lock" in PlayStore? I think it had ability to add screen off in dropdown notification.

Any suggestions please?

How did you turn the screen back on ???

You could use something like power toggles, add the toggles that locks screen, then go to lock screen and set it to none.

That worked for me. I just tried it. Not sure if that's really what you are looking for.....

That turns off the screen, and pressing home button or power button turns screen back on.