[ROM] PRIME! v1.6r2 | HC31 | Fast | Rooted | HMJ37.prime_epad-1.6-20110716

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

case0

Feb 5, 2010
Has anyone made a systemui.apk with stock buttons for prime 1.5? I can't believe anyone would want the asus ones they look so bad!

scar45

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 17, 2006
BOOM!

light-beer-300x300.jpg

You've been beered (x2) my man ;)

xxxxxxx188A6941547 via PayPal. Thanks again, and keep up the stellar werk!

Reactions: Roach2010

browngeek

Mar 16, 2010
Hong Kong
I was able to install 1.5 over 1.4 without any problems and everything seems to be running fine.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA Premium App

Digiguest

Dec 26, 2010
Ontario
Read again. Almost everyone experiencing issues are using alternate kernels. Stick to the packaged kernel and you should be good.

Issues with AdFree are caused by the app, not the ROM.

YOU read again. I am not concerned with adfree. Figure it out yourselves.....I am not gonna spell it out for you.

Kids today...... :rolleyes:

giank30

Dec 22, 2010
Had an occasional Reboot overnight, but maybe because I didn't wipe the caches... now I did it, so hope everything will be fine ;-)

Great ROM! :)

NeoStuey

May 12, 2011
From what I've witnessed with my own transformer it is by itself dropping the clock to 216 MHz in screen off mode, that's even with only one profile set at min/max 1.504 Ghz. I have looked for and seen this many times over using any of no frills CPU control, CPU master and setcpu. The only one of the 3 not requiring any manual intervention is setcpu if you set a screen off and a default profile, it doesn't then matter if I set the screen off to 216 min/max as it wouldn't lag coming out of standby. CPU master would sometimes fail to load the default profile back in and no frills doesn't have them anyway. But no frills remains my chosen CPU control as it behaves better for me at higher clocks when playing mp4s with the stock player.

I tested this idea out letting the screen time out with no apps running. Repeated it this time manually turning off the screen. Then did the same with a film mid stream using a manual screen off and the lag is so very noticeable when no profile loads on screen on.

There was off course an exception and that was when the transformer was being charged from the mains. When that was the case it didn't lag coming out of standby which would indicate to me that it stayed on the profile and didn't drop to 216 min/max which must be some sort of battery saving feature hidden away somewhere?

Can someone confirm this?

Sent from my MIUI HTC Desire HD using XDA Premium App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PRIME! v1.6

This is a custom rom for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101

Special thanks to: Hacre | afm | MoDaCo | dc13 | supercurio | Bumble-Bee | RaYmAn | netarchy | Vividboarder | CurtisBeef​

This rom is a work in progress and all feedback is appreciated. It has everything that the stock rom has to offer with a few modifications designed to provide a better user experience. As always whenever installing any rom, please ensure that you are fully aware of what you are doing as no one enjoys seeing their pride and joy end up bricked or stuck in a boot-loop (although these are easily fixed if either were to happen so don't panic in the event that something goes wrong).

Instructions:
    1. Copy ROM to sdcard
    2. Verify the MD5 of the zip on the sdcard, DO NOT FLASH IF THIS DOESN'T MATCH THE MD5 UNDER THE DOWNLOAD LINK!
    3. Boot into clockworkmod recovery
    4. Take a nandroid backup (optional but highly recommended)
    5. Install the ROM
    6. Reboot and wait... The first boot may take a while...
    7. After a successful restart, you can change one of the power mod or remove it if desired.

Rom Details:
    Android 3.1
    GPS - V1.3.2
    WiFi - V5.1.50
    Bluetooth - V6.17
    Kernel - 2.6.36.3-g3eb19ec
    Build - HMJ37.prime_epad-1.6-20110716
    MobileDock - EP101-0209 (Prompts for install after first boot if required)

See the second post of this thread for the changelog

Known Issues:
    In Prime 1.6 if you flash a custom kernel you may experience a slight drop in performance due to a change in the way Prime optimises I/O performance.
    Install this patch in CWM to resolve the issue. - http://kan.gd/uij - This has been fixed in 1.6r2

Battery History option in Spare Parts triggers F/C

Download Links: - Main Rom (You need this one)
    PRIME! v1.6 (HMJ37.prime_epad-1.6-20110716)
    Alternate Link
    MD5: 574d34b0923cd5ef03762ae5357acc93

Torrent Link - Thanks Aligatro

NVflash version now available: http://kan.gd/up2
    Uncompress the image files into a folder and see Androidroot.mobi for details on how to flash.

Kernel - Only required to return from other kernels
    Prime_v1.6_Kernel.zip
    Alternate Link
    MD5: d45a27115e2ac0c22659a131abb075bc

Previous versions:
    PRIME! v1.5 (HMJ37.prime_epad-1.5-20110626)
    MD5: 13a0923e7ad178de2ae7636cd0f628a3

Power button mods
    These mods give you either a reboot or reboot to recovery option when you long press the power button.

REBOOT power button mod
    Alternate Link
    MD5: fc17f4bbbd37aa6dbf163604484bb3ba

RECOVERY power button mod - (included in rom)
    Alternate Link
    MD5: bb8b361f024246f0a8f06a06f2ee47ed

REBOOT and RECOVERY power button mod - (there is no shutdown option with this mod but some people dont ever need to)
    Alternate Link
    MD5: d7d7e2abca184dc59e1b912183539b3a
    Hi, I thought I would give you all a short update as I haven't been online much recently. I've had a few health issues, nothing serious just enough to put me off doing anything after work besides crashing out on the sofa in front of the telly. I'm over the worst though so I'll soon be getting back on track with the next evolution of PRIME!

Firstly, thanks for all the support and feedback, and also some good ideas. Obviously the rom at present is not much more than stock with a few tweaks and add-ons. I am mostly going to keep it that way as I prefer the stock look and the option is there for anyone to use it as a base and theme it or tweak it further to their hearts content. I have seen a lot of good stuff that has been done already and long may it continue.

I plan to add at the very least: init.d scripts, adhoc wifi support, the speaker config fix and I am hoping to have a replacement for the power options that introduces a menu instead of the current dialog that will allow shutdown, reboot, recovery and maybe even a warmboot option. Also until Asus fix that damn gmail widget problem I have a plan to resolve this too with a bit of manual intervention.

I have four SKU editions of the stock 8.4.4.5 rom to build from, US,WW,TW and TB? no CN???, I don't even know if there was a CN build so if anyone can confirm this or explain what the TB means that will be good to know also. I'm not promising I'll do all versions but if it won't take up too much of my time then I might.

Future releases will probably be in two formats, standard update zips for CWM and nvflash images, I may not do an nvflash image for each SKU though, again time permitting.
    I was just putting the finishing touches to a build based on the TW 8.4.5.15 3g rom but now this has dropped I'll divert and use this build as a base instead.
    Roach is in the UK. It's the middle of the night there.

I'm still up and have just dumped the /system folder from the HC3.1 build, expect a rom soon...
    Download Mirror

OK, I guess it ran it's course. No one using it so I am disabling.