Galaxy Nexus Power Button / USB Connection Problem

Search This thread

thebeatlesdcp

Oct 29, 2012
Hi there,

I apologize if there is already another thread for this kind of issue but I really have no idea where else to post this. I am a complete newbie when it comes to phones but would like to know if there is anyway to help me solve my problem:

My phone is a galaxy nexus with I believe 4.2.2 JB. I've always had problems with my phone randomly resetting/crashing and wasn't able to find any solution to this problem. However, today when I was out shoveling snow on my driveway, I realized my phone was a little wet as I forgot to zip up my pocket and so my phone reset (remained on the Google) screen and would not boot up (It happens quite frequently that I thought it was just like any other reset). So I was a little impatient and took out the battery. When I tried to turn the phone back on, the power button was completely unresponsive. I thought I'd give it a second, take out the battery and sim card and reboot it but to my surprise nothing happened. I ended up looking through the forums for some solution to my problem but I don't know where to begin and what to do.

I have tried the method of plugging in the USB cable into the phone (without battery) and putting it back in. The phone is still unresponsive and to add insult to injury when the phone is plugged in the USB cable to the PC, the PC does not recognize the phone and keeps beeping (the kind that lets you know its disconnected or just cannot read the device). Right now the phone is in a bag with rice just to make sure that the phone had not suffer any water damage, but even when it was in my pocket it wasn't extremely wet..

I believe it may be the device but am not sure what actions I can do on my behalf to solve the problem. Is my phone completely gone or is it still able to be saved? Would I need to bring it into a specalist to see if they can help me out or can I do this myself? Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you for taking the time to read!

Cheers!

Edit:
Also just received an OMAP4440 while phone was plugged in... Does that mean my phone is done?

Last edited:

Dry Patrick

Mar 28, 2012
Turin
Hi there,

I apologize if there is already another thread for this kind of issue but I really have no idea where else to post this. I am a complete newbie when it comes to phones but would like to know if there is anyway to help me solve my problem:

My phone is a galaxy nexus with I believe 4.2.2 JB. I've always had problems with my phone randomly resetting/crashing and wasn't able to find any solution to this problem. However, today when I was out shoveling snow on my driveway, I realized my phone was a little wet as I forgot to zip up my pocket and so my phone reset (remained on the Google) screen and would not boot up (It happens quite frequently that I thought it was just like any other reset). So I was a little impatient and took out the battery. When I tried to turn the phone back on, the power button was completely unresponsive. I thought I'd give it a second, take out the battery and sim card and reboot it but to my surprise nothing happened. I ended up looking through the forums for some solution to my problem but I don't know where to begin and what to do.

I have tried the method of plugging in the USB cable into the phone (without battery) and putting it back in. The phone is still unresponsive and to add insult to injury when the phone is plugged in the USB cable to the PC, the PC does not recognize the phone and keeps beeping (the kind that lets you know its disconnected or just cannot read the device). Right now the phone is in a bag with rice just to make sure that the phone had not suffer any water damage, but even when it was in my pocket it wasn't extremely wet..

I believe it may be the device but am not sure what actions I can do on my behalf to solve the problem. Is my phone completely gone or is it still able to be saved? Would I need to bring it into a specalist to see if they can help me out or can I do this myself? Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you for taking the time to read!

Cheers!

Edit:
Also just received an OMAP4440 while phone was plugged in... Does that mean my phone is done?

The same consequences, came to my gnex, when I cleaned it, with too much liquid... Now the most unprotected parts from water of the phone are the usb port, of course, and the power and volume button. To solve, you have to open the phone (http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Samsung+Galaxy+Nexus+Teardown/7182) and clean the contacts of the power button, for the usb port, you have to replace all the part for a few $ on ebay... (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Gal...e_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item2c66d9064b)

bexol

Jan 24, 2013
Use at you own risk:

A friend of mine was kayaking and had his Samsung galaxy s3 dunked in the water for a while. it was totally wet and the screen wouldn't run on at all.

He baked t in the oven at 200 F for a couple of hours and things went back to nornal. he also stated that he has done that before and it worked every time.

Think of this as a last resort if you are unable to change the usb ribbon as stated above. Also make sure you google this solution extensively to get the right temp and the right amount.

Good luck.