[Q] How to flash a ROM through twrp adb sideload?

Search This thread

atticustcx

Aug 10, 2012
I flashed 1.2.5 Malladus on 12B OTA rooted for Verizon using twrp 2.6.3.3. When I booted the LG logo appears for a second and the screen turns black. Reading from a previous post Malladus wont boot if you're on 12B OTA. I can't boot my phone flashing this rom. I would like to adb sideload through twrp. I don't want to mess phone up to brick I'm a noob :( I don't have adb tools on my computer I wouldn't know where to place them.

Please help me with a step by step.

Thank you

RubbleTea

May 20, 2013
Los angeles
I flashed 1.2.5 Malladus on 12B OTA rooted for Verizon using twrp 2.6.3.3. When I booted the LG logo appears for a second and the screen turns black. Reading from a previous post Malladus wont boot if you're on 12B OTA. I can't boot my phone flashing this rom. I would like to adb sideload through twrp. I don't want to mess phone up to brick I'm a noob :( I don't have adb tools on my computer I wouldn't know where to place them.

Please help me with a step by step.

Thank you

Hey man here's a link;

http://teamw.in/ADBSideload

If you need more help let me know..
.make sure that your enviromentals are set too so your PC can understand commands

RubbleTea

May 20, 2013
Los angeles
I'm having trouble installing adb i'm following this guy I installed adb but when I open device manager I don't see adb.exe or fastboot in C:\Windows

OK hey so you have adb all set up and set in enviromentals right? And you have a ROM ready? And drivers installed? For ease of doing things rename the ROM "ROM" so it should be ROM.zip

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Once you have that done place the rom into the same folder as your adb.exe is.......now plug in your phone to PC a and have recovery open.....then go to advanced the click sideload ROM....then swipe....
..now open a command prompt...then type adb devices to heck if your device is shown....if it is go ahead and type" adb sideload ROM.zip" ...then wait til it finishes...then unplug from PC and flash the ROM.......if your driver won't show your device try koush universal drivers....sorry man I'm at work now

rawb123456

Jun 24, 2009
Turlock, CA
I had a similar issue and I was able to flash clean rom but I still reboot to twrp. Do I need to flash a boot image or something.?

from my Note Thrizzle

atticustcx

Aug 10, 2012
OK hey so you have adb all set up and set in enviromentals right? And you have a ROM ready? And drivers installed? For ease of doing things rename the ROM "ROM" so it should be ROM.zip

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Once you have that done place the rom into the same folder as your adb.exe is.......now plug in your phone to PC a and have recovery open.....then go to advanced the click sideload ROM....then swipe....
..now open a command prompt...then type adb devices to heck if your device is shown....if it is go ahead and type" adb sideload ROM.zip" ...then wait til it finishes...then unplug from PC and flash the ROM.......if your driver won't show your device try koush universal drivers....sorry man I'm at work now

I don't have adb installed and environmentals. I don't have a ROM ready because I'm not sure which one is safe to flash over 12B OTA.
I only have LG drivers 2.11.1.0 installed. Every time I connect my phone it says to install drivers but it can't find VS980 drivers and says unsuccessful install :(

Last edited:

RubbleTea

May 20, 2013
Los angeles
I don't have adb installed and environmentals. I don't have a ROM ready because I'm not sure which one is safe to flash over 12B OTA.
I only have LG drivers 2.11.1.0 installed. Every time I connect my phone it says to install drivers but it can't find VS980 drivers and says unsuccessful install :(

Try downloading a stock ROM with the ota should be one, and download koush universal drivers anyway.....for adb android SDK will have it and have instructions to setup....Google will help.....environment settings will make it so your computer understands adb commands...

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

I had a similar issue and I was able to flash clean rom but I still reboot to twrp. Do I need to flash a boot image or something.?

from my Note Thrizzle

So you flash a ROM and it goes to twrp, did you accept the ota with a custom recovery? For you might have to flash to stock image(there's a thread in general forum) but first try another rom

atticustcx

Aug 10, 2012
Try downloading a stock ROM with the ota should be one, and download koush universal drivers anyway.....for adb android SDK will have it and have instructions to setup....Google will help.....environment settings will make it so your computer understands adb commands...

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

So you flash a ROM and it goes to twrp, did you accept the ota with a custom recovery? For you might have to flash to stock image(there's a thread in general forum) but first try another rom

After trying for hours to get my drivers installed so my phone can be read by computer I gave up. I followed this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2448960 took my phone back to stock on 11A.