How to unbrick / unroot on Mac OS X

Search This thread

simply dave

Jan 10, 2011
I'm getting the "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue". I can not use Kies b/c I do not know my serial number.

I've tried looking for tutorials on using heimdall but not much comes up for our device on Sprint.

Can some generous person help?

My phone has been soft bricked for a couple of days and it's getting hard to arrange things w/o a phone. I'm getting desperate.

Thank you.

Goat1378

Nov 14, 2013
Baltimore
I'm getting the "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue". I can not use Kies b/c I do not know my serial number.

I've tried looking for tutorials on using heimdall but not much comes up for our device on Sprint.

Can some generous person help?

My phone has been soft bricked for a couple of days and it's getting hard to arrange things w/o a phone. I'm getting desperate.

Thank you.
If your trying to change firmware on heimdall you need to first ....
1)Fire up Heimdall
2)Turn your phone off then put it into download mode with 3 button combo (Power,down,home)
3)Plug your phone into usb on your computer
4)Once device is connected go to Utilities and and hit Detect device
5)Go down to Download pit...Name and save your pit by hitting (Save As)Name & Save your pit to your Desktop then hit download. Your pit file is basically your phones map (Partitions) Where to install things like boot loader, modem, recovery etc... DO NOT USE SOMEONE ELSE'S PIT FILE OR DOWNLOAD ONE FROM THE WEB IT MAY HARD BRICK YOUR PHONE. Trust me i know :(
6)When that has downloaded then to to (Flash) and hit (Bowser Pit)
7) Pick the pit file you had saved on your desktop.
8) Once thats done go to Partition files and hit (Add) MDM is for Modem
Once you do that hit start and you should be all set .Let it do its thing and reset itself and BOOM! New firmware! Hope this helps its been awhile so if I've missed something someone please correct me.DO THIS AT YOUR QWN RISK!!!! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE DIES!!!!!

Last edited:

simply dave

Jan 10, 2011
If your trying to change firmware on heimdall you need to first ....
1)Fire up Heimdall
2)Turn your phone off then put it into download mode with 3 button combo (Power,down,home)
3)Plug your phone into usb on your computer
4)Once device is connected go to Utilities and and hit Detect device
5)Go down to Download pit...Name and save your pit by hitting (Save As) Save your pit to your Desktop. Your pit file is basically your phones map (Partitions) Where to install things like boot loader, modem, recovery etc... DO NOT USE SOMEONE ELSE'S PIT FILE OR DOWNLOAD ONE FROM THE WEB IT MAY HARD BRICK YOUR PHONE. Trust me i know :(
6)When that has downloaded then to to (Flash) and hit (Bowser Pit)
7) Pick the pit file you had saved on your desktop.
8) Once thats done go to Partition files and hit (Add) MDM is for Modem
Once you do that hit start and you should be all set .Let it do its thing and reset itself and BOOM! New firmware! Hope this helps its been awhile so if I've missed something someone please correct me.DO THIS AT YOUR QWN RISK!!!! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE DIES!!!!!

My device is detected however,

Part 5). I don't see anywhere I can Download pit.

This is what I see:

ScreenShot2014-05-31at113346AM_zps932cfcbe.png

Goat1378

Nov 14, 2013
Baltimore

Step 5
Sorry hit (Save As) I used Note3Pit then hit (download) It won't work anyway I did some research and their are reports that somethings up with the latest Heimdall... its not compatible with note 3 or the newer osx Mavicks which I'm running. :(Best bet is to find a PC windows user and run Odin

Last edited: