Update On Bootloader/ Dev Cable/ Nvflash etc...

Search This thread

t0dbld

Mar 21, 2010
Michigan
Ok from the recent accumulation of information, lots of confusion, and lots of false info, i have seen on here finally has made me to decide to post here again in order to help clean up all of the rumors and such and give an update on the status of unlocking the device...

1. Bootloaders- are locked and as of now will be for the forseable future bearing we don't get some of the info we need one being the proper sbk. there are other methods we have been working on but i guess the easy way of putting it is we have gotten to all the final doors and have all the tools , how ever the locks on these final doors are at this point still un-pickable. My current suggestion for anyone wanting to help, unless you are a good crypto guy , in which case by all means message me, for the rest of you our best bet is a hot chic a tight dress and a even better B - to some one that has access of some of the stuff we need :p if you cant offer any of these things than just be patient so that next time i dont have to write this and once again we wont have to publish what we are doing for everyone to read and defend against, before we are ready too!! Remember they don't document online how the built the lock , so we should not publish how we want to dismantle it until it is done!!

2. Nvflash - Yes it exists on our devices, yes it can be accessed , yes you need a Dev. cable to do so. Yes using it theoretically we could re flash our devices with unsecured images , yes with it I could make our devices free , How ever this all being said there is a problem currently, and that is that its is signed with a sbk value, this value is unknown to us it is a AES key and is in this format 0x00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000. With out knowing the value of this key anything anyone wants to tell you about nvflash is complete and entire BS!! You can not even read from the device, any command that is sent via nvflash will return an error and than disable the connection to the device in order to prevent a brute force attack. Find us this key by sleeping with the enemy i will give you an unlocked device by tomorrow :p

3. Dev Cable- Yes they exist, yes you can make your own, You need to send 5v to pin 4 also known as the id pin, the battery must be removed from the device when using this cable, you will plug it into your phone hold the vol - button and goto nvflash mode than your computer can see it as well as nvflash. Is there any need for you to have this cable ? As of now probably not, as there is not much you can do with this cable unless you have a dead or damaged battery and need to reflash a sbf to fix your phone so that you can than charge your battery again. And yes TBH is offering to sell you one of these cables for $50, if that seems to be a fair price to you and do not wish to make your own and do have a use for a cable that as of now is not helping a retail atrix to much than by all means order one from there web page.

Anyhow despite our lack of posting here on XDA there are a few of us that still dedicate our time everyday to this ... We are not constantly updating people here because A) Anything less than a guide on how to unlock your device is a disappointment, B) We do not think that making our info publicly available would be beneficial to anyone, and increases the likely hood of a patch or block attempt. C) Its not a oh were almost there type of operation, there is no clear cut path. Anyhow i Hope this helps clear up info and stops foolish attempts and ridiculous comments lies and posts like i have seen the past week, keep faith and enjoy your device as is its a great devices just severely crippled thanks to AT&T thats right AT&T so if your board write to them, call them, sign the patition, file a complaint to FTC blog about it and from now on only buy devices listed like here, http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.php/public/root_friendly
Have a Great DAY!!

Last edited:

EricHegnes

Aug 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Language is real talk speak how u want we grown

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

Like many, I am exposed to this kind of language on a daily basis. Like few, I understand the importance of a clean, inviting community for all ages. Now, I am only sixteen, but real adults speak politely, with manners and respect. Such ideals are hard to come by these days, even in the adult community. I am just making whatever menial effort I can to keep these forums clean and inviting for all age groups and backgrounds.

Thank you.

SN4K3B1T3

Aug 21, 2010
Vancouver
Like many, I am exposed to this kind of language on a daily basis. Like few, I understand the importance of a clean, inviting community for all ages. Now, I am only sixteen, but real adults speak politely, with manners and respect. Such ideals are hard to come by these days, even in the adult community. I am just making whatever menial effort I can to keep these forums clean and inviting for all age groups and backgrounds.

Thank you.

But its not for all age groups...these forums are for the hardcore modders and devs. If you don't like the way he talks don't read it

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

dLo GSR

Mar 7, 2011
Los Angeles

Thank you.

i'm 10 years older and i speak however the situation requires. not everyone has to be polite and cordial 100% of the time; in fact the internet is probably the least likely place you will find that. if there's a problem, tell the mods or report the thread. citizen's policing will often just lead to backlash.

anyway, i suggest we sticky this thread to the top of the forum.

agrabren

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 28, 2011
Weld County, CO
Developers rarely speak curiously our sometimes even understandably. So asking devs to speak in your preferred style will likely lead to devs ignoring you or walking away. They're very fickle that way.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Krshaw18

Jan 7, 2011
Flagstaff, AZ
With all that being said... back to the subject people :) Thanks for the update t0dbld! I, like many others who have this beast of a phone, will continue to patiently wait while the devs (who are working hard) try to get this thing handled!

sifon187

Aug 20, 2010
Savannah, GA
Attention Mods: Could this be stickied in an effort to stop anymore pointless bootloader threads? Keep it updated with any news of bootloader unlock efforts.

raybond25

Apr 26, 2008
Ottawa
Come on guys, we all know there is no women in computers. Well not hot desperate ones anyway.
who said they had to be hot....? someone could take one for the team.

that being said - thanks for the post t0bold, we know you're doing what you do elsewhere so you don't get flamed hard by the naysayers, and we support you guys.

sifon187

Aug 20, 2010
Savannah, GA
who said they had to be hot....? someone could take one for the team.

You get on with taking one for the team bud. ;D
that being said - thanks for the post t0bold, we know you're doing what you do elsewhere so you don't get flamed hard by the naysayers, and we support you guys.

Ontopic: Great post t0bold, it was definitely needed. I am hoping the sbk gets leaked from Moto. But I doubt that will happen, but you never know.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok from the recent accumulation of information, lots of confusion, and lots of false info, i have seen on here finally has made me to decide to post here again in order to help clean up all of the rumors and such and give an update on the status of unlocking the device...

1. Bootloaders- are locked and as of now will be for the forseable future bearing we don't get some of the info we need one being the proper sbk. there are other methods we have been working on but i guess the easy way of putting it is we have gotten to all the final doors and have all the tools , how ever the locks on these final doors are at this point still un-pickable. My current suggestion for anyone wanting to help, unless you are a good crypto guy , in which case by all means message me, for the rest of you our best bet is a hot chic a tight dress and a even better B - to some one that has access of some of the stuff we need :p if you cant offer any of these things than just be patient so that next time i dont have to write this and once again we wont have to publish what we are doing for everyone to read and defend against, before we are ready too!! Remember they don't document online how the built the lock , so we should not publish how we want to dismantle it until it is done!!

2. Nvflash - Yes it exists on our devices, yes it can be accessed , yes you need a Dev. cable to do so. Yes using it theoretically we could re flash our devices with unsecured images , yes with it I could make our devices free , How ever this all being said there is a problem currently, and that is that its is signed with a sbk value, this value is unknown to us it is a AES key and is in this format 0x00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000. With out knowing the value of this key anything anyone wants to tell you about nvflash is complete and entire BS!! You can not even read from the device, any command that is sent via nvflash will return an error and than disable the connection to the device in order to prevent a brute force attack. Find us this key by sleeping with the enemy i will give you an unlocked device by tomorrow :p

3. Dev Cable- Yes they exist, yes you can make your own, You need to send 5v to pin 4 also known as the id pin, the battery must be removed from the device when using this cable, you will plug it into your phone hold the vol - button and goto nvflash mode than your computer can see it as well as nvflash. Is there any need for you to have this cable ? As of now probably not, as there is not much you can do with this cable unless you have a dead or damaged battery and need to reflash a sbf to fix your phone so that you can than charge your battery again. And yes TBH is offering to sell you one of these cables for $50, if that seems to be a fair price to you and do not wish to make your own and do have a use for a cable that as of now is not helping a retail atrix to much than by all means order one from there web page.

Anyhow despite our lack of posting here on XDA there are a few of us that still dedicate our time everyday to this ... We are not constantly updating people here because A) Anything less than a guide on how to unlock your device is a disappointment, B) We do not think that making our info publicly available would be beneficial to anyone, and increases the likely hood of a patch or block attempt. C) Its not a oh were almost there type of operation, there is no clear cut path. Anyhow i Hope this helps clear up info and stops foolish attempts and ridiculous comments lies and posts like i have seen the past week, keep faith and enjoy your device as is its a great devices just severely crippled thanks to AT&T thats right AT&T so if your board write to them, call them, sign the patition, file a complaint to FTC blog about it and from now on only buy devices listed like here, http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.php/public/root_friendly
    Have a Great DAY!!
    But it is something. Nice work.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Thank you.

You are definitely correct and this is something that's under the rules (do not use foul language).

So Devs, Mods, Administrators and other members should avoid this kind of language in every post or threads. I noticed the OP already cleaned his posts and appreciate it.

Did some cleaning and Back to topic please.