[Q] When is .73 firmware coming to UK?

Search This thread

EBirkett

Apr 18, 2012
I really want to know when the latest .73 firmware for UK Xperia S will be released. Also if anyone currently running .73 would like to expand on battery life? :D:D:D

dragon546

Sep 28, 2007
Essex
Well it's been a month tomorrow since it was released in singapore, other euro countries have got it. Sonymobile uk have said it is out but no one has confirmed they got it. So it might never come out. At this rate ICS may be out on the S before this patch get's released. I am using the NL generic using Flashtool and you can flash it without needing to root.

Reactions: EBirkett

EBirkett

Apr 18, 2012
Well it's been a month tomorrow since it was released in singapore, other euro countries have got it. Sonymobile uk have said it is out but no one has confirmed they got it. So it might never come out. At this rate ICS may be out on the S before this patch get's released. I am using the NL generic using Flashtool and you can flash it without needing to root.

haha! true! but its annoying that the UK one wont push through, i even tried every possible method of updating through PC too, but i dont want to fiddle too much, i almost buggered up my SII doing that :p but you have .73? battery life??:confused::D

WasherUK

Mar 18, 2012
Manchester
haha! true! but its annoying that the UK one wont push through, i even tried every possible method of updating through PC too, but i dont want to fiddle too much, i almost buggered up my SII doing that :p but you have .73? battery life??:confused::D

Ive never flashed a phone before, I followed this guide and it was painless.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1571293

The battery seems better, Im still only getting from 6am to 8pm ish but I fiddle with it a lot, would have no probrem getting longer if I could just leave it alone!

Reactions: EBirkett

EBirkett

Apr 18, 2012

They battery seems better, Im still only getting from 6am to 8pm ish but I fiddle with it a lot, would have no probrem getting longer if I could just leave it alone!

thank you, but i dont want to, i want to keep everything official this time, i did have a HTC one x about two weeks ago!! WHAT A PIECE OF SH*T! It glitched, lagged and had atrocious battery life, far more satisfied with this. Im still getting 7-9 pm moderate use and im on 20% !:D:p

EBirkett

Apr 18, 2012
I just got a new phone due to the yellow tint, was thinking of asking for a One X instead :eek:

ah dont!!!!!!
I work in a phone shop, i have had 2 one X's they are all so bad, ive never had such a bad phone, ive had most phones :L htc need to actually optimise the tegra 3 for the OS or they've made one SHI*E device!! lol

dragon546

Sep 28, 2007
Essex
thank you, but i dont want to, i want to keep everything official this time, i did have a HTC one x about two weeks ago!! WHAT A PIECE OF SH*T! It glitched, lagged and had atrocious battery life, far more satisfied with this. Im still getting 7-9 pm moderate use and im on 20% !:D:p

I just got the one x recently with the latest update today. battery seems a lot better.

EBirkett

Apr 18, 2012
Oh right, well I'm in UK I'll check again

I still have no update :(:mad:

Sent from my LT26i using XDA

Last edited:

dgattenb

Oct 14, 2007
wales
In UK , brought phone unlocked etc from amazon , no 73 here .. however sony pc software updated !! :(

The phone is fab , but starting to look dated :(

del1701

Hi dragon mate, is the NL .73 any better than the sg .73 ?

Reactions: dragon546

church473

Apr 20, 2010
Leicester
Strange - I got the 73 update a couple of weeks ago. I have an Orange branded XS. I am running 6.0.A.3.73.
I got a push notification a couple of weeks ago (maybe during easter weekend)

dragon546

Sep 28, 2007
Essex
Strange - I got the 73 update a couple of weeks ago. I have an Orange branded XS. I am running 6.0.A.3.73.
I got a push notification a couple of weeks ago (maybe during easter weekend)

I have not heard from many Orange users with the update it may have been leaked. Generic Uk XS users not got the update either.

church473

Apr 20, 2010
Leicester
Not sure. It came through and updated using the pc companion. The phone works fine as well. Not sure anything has changed apart from the firmware number though. Slightly better battery.

Reactions: dragon546

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The battery seems better, Im still only getting from 6am to 8pm ish but I fiddle with it a lot, would have no probrem getting longer if I could just leave it alone!
    Its good to know I made the right choice :D
    My new XPS screen seems perfect and coming from a HTC Hero its bliss lol

Hi dragon mate, is the NL .73 any better than the sg .73 ?
    I find it better less bloat feels smooth just like SG. I use NL feels close to the invisible UK update.