[MOD][i9082]How to Enable and Disable On-screen/soft Buttons Enable on-screen buttons

Search This thread

DBZo07

Feb 2, 2011
MUMBAI
2asa3yvu.jpg
ubazy3eq.jpg
usymu9uq.jpg

How to Enable and Disable On-screen/soft ButtonsEnable on-screen buttons:]

You will need root access for this.
Please take complete backup before proceeding, in case if you do something wrong..

If your phone isn’t rooted, you can use this method to root the phone.

You will need root access for this. If your phone isn’t rooted, you can use this method to root the phone.

Install ES File Explorer File Manager on your phone from the Play Store. This is a file manager that will be used to edit those system files to enable/disable on-screen/soft buttons. Those already experienced with using a root-enabled file manager can go directly to 4.

Open ES Explorer. Then, click the menu button on your device and click Settings. Here, tick the “Up to Root” option. Then go down and tick the “Root Explorer” option, then press Allow/Grant button when prompted to grant it root access. Then, tick the “Mount File System Option” as well. Once all three options are selected, press back to exit the settings.

Hit the Up on top in ES Explorer till you reach the outermost folder (till it says / at the top).

Go into the system folder, then scroll down to find the build.prop file. Tap on this file to start editing it. If you get an “Open With” prompt, select “ES Note Editor”.

Now, at the end of the file (at the bottom after the last line), add the line “qemu.hw.mainkeys=0″ (without the ” quotes), then save the file (press the Menu button to see the Save option).
Then, reboot the phone. After the phone boots up, you should have the virtual on-screen buttons on your phone

Disable Soft Menu and Back keys:

In ES Explorer, now scroll to the system » usr » keylayout folder, then tap on the Generic.kl file. Select to open the file as “Text” in the first popup, then select “ES Note Editor” to open the file.
Now, find the line that says “key 139 menu”, then add a # in front of the text, so that it becomes “#key 139 menu”.
Similarly, add a # before the line that says “key 158 back”.
Then, save the file.
Reboot the phone, after which the capacitive menu and back keys should be disabled

For Nexus 4 Keyboard, Camera, Clock, Audio and Wallpapers for Grand Duos

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=40766062#post40766062

Last edited:

DBZo07

Feb 2, 2011
MUMBAI
By mistake pressed thanks instead of reply... lol..
Yeah waste of screen but by changing DPI that is compensated and as far as I can see the home button provided by Samsung is too cheap quality.
Who knows we might need it.

DBZo07

Feb 2, 2011
MUMBAI
Last edited:
Reactions: drshafi

torque7

Sep 20, 2013
Dehradun
Hey bro im using stock rooted bmk3 rom and I edit build.prop but after reboot system ui force closes. Help me bro to enable soft keys because my back key not working.

SVR

May 29, 2014
Rajahmundry
Unable to enable soft keys

Hey bro im using stock rooted bmk3 rom and I edit build.prop but after reboot system ui force closes. Help me bro to enable soft keys because my back key not working.

I think it's not possible in 4.2.2 build. It was possible in 4.1.2 and possible in 4.4.x onwards.

ahmad baroudi

Aug 8, 2015
i have a problem with adding the home button to my i9082

when i add the line qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 to build.prop then i save the file ..when i restart my phone the home button is not enable and the phone have a problem by showing on the screen ( unfortunately, system UI has stopped ) plzz help

zeyan

Feb 7, 2016
disable method not works.....

i appreciate your struggle.....but disabling method of soft keys not works.... disabling is done simply removing the line which we have added in build.prop folder....so kindly check it and correct it in description......:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2asa3yvu.jpg
    ubazy3eq.jpg
    usymu9uq.jpg

How to Enable and Disable On-screen/soft ButtonsEnable on-screen buttons:]

You will need root access for this.
    Please take complete backup before proceeding, in case if you do something wrong..

If your phone isn’t rooted, you can use this method to root the phone.

You will need root access for this. If your phone isn’t rooted, you can use this method to root the phone.

Install ES File Explorer File Manager on your phone from the Play Store. This is a file manager that will be used to edit those system files to enable/disable on-screen/soft buttons. Those already experienced with using a root-enabled file manager can go directly to 4.

Open ES Explorer. Then, click the menu button on your device and click Settings. Here, tick the “Up to Root” option. Then go down and tick the “Root Explorer” option, then press Allow/Grant button when prompted to grant it root access. Then, tick the “Mount File System Option” as well. Once all three options are selected, press back to exit the settings.

Hit the Up on top in ES Explorer till you reach the outermost folder (till it says / at the top).

Go into the system folder, then scroll down to find the build.prop file. Tap on this file to start editing it. If you get an “Open With” prompt, select “ES Note Editor”.

Now, at the end of the file (at the bottom after the last line), add the line “qemu.hw.mainkeys=0″ (without the ” quotes), then save the file (press the Menu button to see the Save option).
    Then, reboot the phone. After the phone boots up, you should have the virtual on-screen buttons on your phone

Disable Soft Menu and Back keys:

In ES Explorer, now scroll to the system » usr » keylayout folder, then tap on the Generic.kl file. Select to open the file as “Text” in the first popup, then select “ES Note Editor” to open the file.
    Now, find the line that says “key 139 menu”, then add a # in front of the text, so that it becomes “#key 139 menu”.
    Similarly, add a # before the line that says “key 158 back”.
    Then, save the file.
    Reboot the phone, after which the capacitive menu and back keys should be disabled

For Nexus 4 Keyboard, Camera, Clock, Audio and Wallpapers for Grand Duos

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=40766062#post40766062
    Waste of screen space, that's what the keys under the screen are for...
    What dpi you suggest?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

DPI 200

Use this for over coming bugs of DPI http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2072081
    Set DPI 240 (resolution 480x840) for apps which cause problems viz, contact, dialer, calculater, internet browser..

And for playstore fix use this GooglePlay Installer 1.1.0 by ChelpuS