[Q] How do I hard-brick my phone?

Search This thread

Rexxe

Jan 3, 2011
Hello,

I'm trying to hard-brick my phone. Here's the deal, I can get into ODIN Mode only, no recovery and no regular boot. The problem is that the VZW software and anything I flash in ODIN fails. Both ML1 and NC1 yield a "Fused 2 > Binary 1" error and flashing NE1 results in a failed write in ODIN but no error on my phone (so I suspect it's the right ROM that needs to be flashed, but I have a RO system). I've tried with and without the PIT as well. So, the only option I see left is to hard brick the device and try the SD card method of de-bricking it. Anyone have any thoughts how I can do that or any thoughts on what I should try to flash?

Thanks!

Last edited:

poppers162

Nov 4, 2012
Hello,

I'm trying to hard-brick my phone. Here's the deal, I can get into ODIN Mode only, no recovery and no regular boot. The problem is that the VZW software and anything I flash in ODIN fails. Both ML1 and NC1 yield a "Fused 2 > Binary 1" error and flashing NE1 results in a failed write in ODIN but no error on my phone (so I suspect it's the right ROM that needs to be flashed, but I have a RO system). I've tried with and without the PIT as well. So, the only option I see left is to hard brick the device and try the SD card method of de-bricking it. Anyone have any thoughts how I can do that or any thoughts on what I should try to flash?

Thanks!

Have you tried Android unified toolkit?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

Rexxe

Jan 3, 2011
Yes, I tried it as well. The problem with the Toolkit is it requires ADB from what I can tell. ADB is not connecting to my phone. Literally all I have is ODIN Mode.

Thanks for your help, though!

poppers162

Nov 4, 2012
Yes, I tried it as well. The problem with the Toolkit is it requires ADB from what I can tell. ADB is not connecting to my phone. Literally all I have is ODIN Mode.

Thanks for your help, though!

Android unified Toolkit uses ODIN to flash firmwares. Try it out.

Rexxe

Jan 3, 2011
Well, the version I have 1.2.8 doesn't support Android 4.4 and the version I downloaded only supports ADB mode. I don't see any sort of ODIN mode support. ADB won't attach to the phone so none of the options work and the toolkit just hangs.

Thanks again for your help!

poppers162

Nov 4, 2012
Well, the version I have 1.2.8 doesn't support Android 4.4 and the version I downloaded only supports ADB mode. I don't see any sort of ODIN mode support. ADB won't attach to the phone so none of the options work and the toolkit just hangs.

Thanks again for your help!

I did not know you were on 4.4. What tab are you trying to flash the file under in odin