Mime glass screen protectors

Search This thread

burnnhell

Jun 9, 2010
San Francisco
A hand written note... That's pretty damn impressive in this day and age. No one does that anymore. If I see confirmation of this screen protector fitting with uag case I'll buy one for sure.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

chuynh1109

Aug 29, 2012
USA
A hand written note... That's pretty damn impressive in this day and age. No one does that anymore. If I see confirmation of this screen protector fitting with uag case I'll buy one for sure.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I got my my confirmation on the mime sp, so it should be here around tuesday.

as for the uag part, i dont' know when mine will ever ship, but when it comes in i'll let you know.

I will let those who want to know about this SP and an otterbox defender as soon as my SP comes in.

Brad.S.

Mar 26, 2012
Colorado
Man that video sucks.. To each their own, eh.

I thought I read somewhere that the keys aren't what scratch the display, but rather the key ring. Correct me if I'm wrong.
With his 10/10 confidence rating I thought I'd at least see a drop test with the "shorties iphone" + the tempered glass.

Reactions: 93hostang

mmessina

Jan 6, 2012
Great Product

I put the SP on a little crooked and it bothers me a little. Since I am waiting for my UA case I thought I would contact mime and get a replacement.
24 hours later I received a very nice letter and discount coupon to get the replacement.
I know that several of the SP offer replacements but not only is this the best SP I ever used I would have gladly paid the original price if I needed to.

Comes packed in black a little over done but cool nevertheless.

I will never go back over the rainbow or to plastic again.

Very Hppy.
:D

Man that video sucks.. To each their own, eh.

I thought I read somewhere that the keys aren't what scratch the display, but rather the key ring. Correct me if I'm wrong.
With his 10/10 confidence rating I thought I'd at least see a drop test with the "shorties iphone" + the tempered glass.

chuynh1109

Aug 29, 2012
USA
Alright I got mine in today, and wanted to report back

the screen protector is amazing! :good:

now, as for working with the Otterbox Defender.. it works for the most part. but since the edges of the SP are almost the same the case along the side and bottom, the case does pull up on the SP a little bit. So I decided to take off the case. hopefully there's a big enough gap between the edge of the SP and the UAG case once that comes in

Reactions: altimuh

busab

Jun 25, 2010
Greer, SC
I placed my order two hours ago and it has already shipped! Now THATS service!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

majorbgss

Nov 4, 2012
Before I install this SP, is it better to install an aluminum button first or it doesnt matter?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

xfaega

Jan 8, 2007
Before I install this SP, is it better to install an aluminum button first or it doesnt matter?

Do you mean a body aluminum kit? If so I would install the body kit then make sure the SP fits correctly. Then install the SP and use the body kit as a guide.

majorbgss

Nov 4, 2012
Do you mean a body aluminum kit? If so I would install the body kit then make sure the SP fits correctly. Then install the SP and use the body kit as a guide.

Aluminum button. Like the one that u stick on the button.

busab

Jun 25, 2010
Greer, SC
Just looking at the pictures, I would say that you could install it at anytime. It shouldn't matter.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

mmessina

Jan 6, 2012
Love mime 100% satisfied. I Just receuved my white UAG case and the two go together well.
Great protection front and back, almost as light as the Naked N2.
Bestest SP, Case and Phone. One happy camper:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack143

majorbgss

Nov 4, 2012
Hi

Is this what it looks like, this is the one I have and I'm like you very happy with it.

If you want me to remove this post just let me know, since it's not actually the mime protector.

This is what it looks like on my phone.

Did u get lift on the side? Mine does, around the button and on the right side(it is dead centered). I dont know if thats something that goes away eventually.

Last edited:

xfaega

Jan 8, 2007
Did u get lift on the side? Mine does, around the button and on the right side(it is dead centered). I dont know if thats something that goes away eventually.

When you applied the SP did you apply pressure from the middle? If so that could be the problem. This is what I have found out after many trial and errors. Align the SP then from left or right side slowly lay the SP down. Now don't do anything. You will see the SP doing its job. You will see large air pockets and that is normal. Give it about 5 minutes. Also I forgot to add make sure the screen is oil free before applying the SP. Now with apply pressure on the spots that still has air bubbles to side not top or to the bottom. Do this until there's no sign of air bubbles. From here give the SP a day to work itself in. I hope this works for you.

majorbgss

Nov 4, 2012
When you applied the SP did you apply pressure from the middle? If so that could be the problem. This is what I have found out after many trial and errors. Align the SP then from left or right side slowly lay the SP down. Now don't do anything. You will see the SP doing its job. You will see large air pockets and that is normal. Give it about 5 minutes. Also I forgot to add make sure the screen is oil free before applying the SP. Now with apply pressure on the spots that still has air bubbles to side not top or to the bottom. Do this until there's no sign of air bubbles. From here give the SP a day to work itself in. I hope this works for you.

Im gonna try this today. Also, how do u pry off the SP?

xfaega

Jan 8, 2007
Im gonna try this today. Also, how do u pry off the SP?

I used a suction cup that I get with all the parts used to fix Apple products. But when you do it go really slow and take your time. It will come off easy on its own. Don't use your nail as the glue comes all the way to the edge of the glass.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360966059656.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360966059656.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 515
Reactions: majorbgss

farfromovin

Aug 15, 2011
Oxnard, CA
I installed today and have air gaps along both side edges and at the bottom around the home button and all along the bottom edge. Will this settle down after a couple days or do I have to pull this up and re lay it?

Sent from my GIANT internet thingy.

majorbgss

Nov 4, 2012
I installed today and have air gaps along both side edges and at the bottom around the home button and all along the bottom edge. Will this settle down after a couple days or do I have to pull this up and re lay it?

Sent from my GIANT internet thingy.

Same here, did it three times already and still has gaps around the edges. One thing I know though that it doesnt go away over time. I had it almost two weeks now.

Reactions: mr mystery

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-SaNaXROG4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Www.mimeusa.com

This video helped me with the protector. Posted it and have had it about a week. It's kinda similar to another glad protector out there. I love it. The clarity is amazing and the finger flow on the glass is great. U do have to wipe the smudges off after a bit but no biggie. The function of the S pen is great. It was a concern for me but as soon as I got it on the S pen was the first thing I tried and no problems.
    I've gone through a couple other protectors because I use the S pen a lot and hated the marks left on the screens so paying the $30 didn't concern me. The only thing I have issue with us that at the edges it looks like it's not fully connected but it is. Don't really notice it unless I focus on it but all in all a great protector for someone like me that was looking for something that was sturdy and didn't leave marked when u use the pen.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
    Can someone post pictures of their actual MIME protector installed?

Here are a couple of pics of the Mime screen protector :)
    No I didn't buy the home button. It's a bit recessed but it's not bad and I don't have any problems with turning on the phone. So fast no loss in touch sensitivity, I love this protector. I wanted a protector like this for a long time and now that it is I'm happy. A lot of smudges but a quick wipe and clear as anything.
    I ordered another one for my wife and it seems the order is delayed. I haven't heard anything from the company but my last order took 4 days to get to me.

Hi

Is this what it looks like, this is the one I have and I'm like you very happy with it.

If you want me to remove this post just let me know, since it's not actually the mime protector.

This is what it looks like on my phone.

Hi Vectron, I'm trying to decide between MIME and Seidio for a glass protector for my Note 2 and hoping you can weigh in here. Do you happen to have a comparison between the two? The small size of the Seidio concerns me since it requires having more of the edge of the phone completely exposed.

That's a tough call because I never tried MIME and can only base my opinion from reading 18-pages of comments in this forum :D What I see in common, tempered glass is obviously rigid in comparison to PET film so the cut makes a BIG difference since GN2 glass is curved toward the edges. So if you have to make a call on how wide it should be and considering that glass is thicker and thus edges will be more noticeable - I think the cut right at the edge of visible LCD portion of the screen looks very clean (VITREO). Regarding not having a full screen protection, if you have a decent case with a lip - it won't matter much since the exposed part (with UAG case it's about 2.5-3mm) will not come in contact with surface and any impact directed at the glass has a lot higher probability of lending in the middle anyway (like if you drop it on a sharp or protruding object).

From what I gathered, people with MIME tempered glass have issues with bubbles around edges and some bubbles in the middle that take awhile to clear up, etc. But the product has a price advantage and offers a wider coverage, although at the expense of edges not always sticking (maybe it was in early version and fixed now?!?). Vitreo I believe is a higher quality product but it comes at a higher price as well, and also smaller cutout. I also heard from a few people that touch sensitivity of MIME is not the best, something I can't complain about with Vitreo. Actually the opposite, I feel it's a bit oversensitive which could be part of a slippery glass I still getting used to after having iSmooth protector for 3+ months. Maybe it's just a combination of slippery glass and oleophobic coating which might wear out after a while. But I have noticed on a few occasions with Vitreo where I have to touch'n'hold the link my fingers slides a little down so I have to respond faster in these situation.

Maybe someone who tried both can chime in? The problem is that with tempered glass being so expensive if it works for you, nobody going to lift it off and go on try something else :) With plastic screen protector it's easier especially when you get 2-3 in a pack. So unless you have problems or don't like it anymore, and decide to take it off and to try another one - it will be hard to find someone who played with both. And even if you have some issues with edges not sticking, some people just accept it and live with it.
    Can someone post pictures of their actual MIME protector installed?

Here ya go.