Search This thread

abhi98228

Aug 2, 2010
Pune
Last edited:

abhi98228

Aug 2, 2010
Pune
I've been in both groups for like 2 months. Still no updated UI. Search a bit, the new UI is rolled out server side, from Facebook. There's no way to actually "get" it. You get it when they roll out the update to you...

If you are alpha tester you get it by default no need to wait

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jdawg0024

Jul 5, 2007
What version are you on. I was on updated to 9.0.0.18. If I closed the app from recent apps and tried to reopen it it would crash. I would have to clear data to get it to work again. All on stock non rooted nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

beaver2233

Feb 19, 2011
Sydney
that could explain something... I'm on version 8.0.0.15.24... maybe it's a region thing?

Garner

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 25, 2009
C:\windows\system32\
I've been in both groups for like 2 months. Still no updated UI. Search a bit, the new UI is rolled out server side, from Facebook. There's no way to actually "get" it. You get it when they roll out the update to you...

Op @abhi98228 please add this info to the first post :

Try wiping the apps data then re-sign into the app only on the latest alpha version.

Also not everyone will see the new interface due to it being server sided.

jdawg0024

Jul 5, 2007
9.0.0.0.19 check if there is any update on play store

Thanks rejoined the alpha group got version .19 and closed the apps and swiped away from recent apps and loaded it back up. Works like its suppose to. Next question how do I get my news feed to be "most recent" instead of "top stories"? I can view most recent by going to the settings Tab then selecting it, but that seems to be a step backwards if you ask me. What happened to the news feed settings?

jdawg0024

Jul 5, 2007
Op @abhi98228 please add this info to the first post :

Try wiping the apps data then re-sign into the app only on the latest alpha version.

Also not everyone will see the new interface due to it being server sided.

Got back into the alpha program and updated Facebook. When it 1st loaded it was the old UI closed the app. Swiped away in most recent apps and loaded it back up and I had the new UI.

Garner

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 25, 2009
C:\windows\system32\
Got back into the alpha program and updated Facebook. When it 1st loaded it was the old UI closed the app. Swiped away in most recent apps and loaded it back up and I had the new UI.

Yes it does not depend on what app version you have nor what alpha or beta group you are in its just their server that depends on who gets it, my wife is on just the standard play store version and has had then new ui for a month now.

abhi98228

Aug 2, 2010
Pune
Thanks rejoined the alpha group got version .19 and closed the apps and swiped away from recent apps and loaded it back up. Works like its suppose to. Next question how do I get my news feed to be "most recent" instead of "top stories"? I can view most recent by going to the settings Tab then selecting it, but that seems to be a step backwards if you ask me. What happened to the news feed settings?

Going to ask same question lol in news feed there it says most recent try that

jdawg0024

Jul 5, 2007
Yes it does not depend on what app version you have nor what alpha or beta group you are in its just their server that depends on who gets it, my wife is on just the standard play store version and has had then new ui for a month now.

What Phone does she Have? Also is her app version 7.0.26.28?

Top Liked Posts