Review of Logitech T630 Ultrathin Touch Mouse w/lots of pics!!!

Search This thread

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
This is a review of Logitech T630 Ultrathin Touch Mouse. http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/ultrathin-touch-mouse-t630

Before I start my review, let me get this upfront: YES, it WORKS with Android!!! The name Logitech is synonymous with keyboard and mouse accessories, and not just quality but also forward looking design. After T630 introduction, I was a bit disappointed it's spec only included support for Windows8 and Windows7. Without a doubt the intent of a mouse is to be used with a PC or a laptop. But with growing popularity of tablets and large display smartphones, as well as people connecting their phones to a bigger "tv" screen, more people use a wireless mouse and a keyboard to turn their smartphone into a computer. Nothing beats putting your tablet or a phablet on a kickstand and enjoying scrolling through a webpage using a wireless mouse. How about doing that and much more in style with a sexy ultrathin T630!!! Let's take a closer look.

Before you even get to T630, you can't help but to stare at the display box it comes packaged in. This is not your typical box to open and to throw away, this one is a keeper to showcase your T630 when not in use, displaying it like a trophy :) Once you take it out of the box, the next surprise is how lightweight and smooth it feels in your hand. At only 68g with dimensions of approximately 85mm in length, 50mm/60mm in width between narrow and wide parts, and 5mm/15mm in thickness as it narrow down toward the front edge, its very compact and super portable. With a body made out of brushed metal and silky-smooth touch surface it feels almost like a pebble in your hand. When you flip it over, there is micro-usb charging port (including provided angled micro-usb to usb cable), on/off switch, pair-up Connect button, and a switch between 2 bluetooth devices. Yes, you can pair it up with 2 different bluetooth devices and use one at a time with a flip of a switch. This is a perfect combination to have in a setup with a smartphone and a laptop. Also, it has rapid charge mode where 1-2 minutes on usb charger or connected to your computer usb port will provide enough charge for about an your of work. Full charge can last you up to 10 days.

The mouse itself has two ways of operation. First of all, you have your traditional Right, Left, and Middle mouse clicks, and then you also have 9 touch gestures. One thing you need to keep in mind, this is not exactly a touch pad where you tap for mouse clicks. The mouse click itself is a physical action where you need to apply a force to click it, while touch gestures are performed by swiping your finger on the surface of the mouse. I personally found this to be very useful in preventing accidental clicking when you hover over the mouse with a palm of your hand and need to physically move it in order to change pointer position on the screen. This logistics has a slight learning curve to get used to operation, but afterwards it becomes natural. You move and click it like a regular mouse, and you use touch gestures as shortcuts for Windows7/8 functions and scrolling through multi-page documents or pages in your browser on any platform. The only difference with Windows is that you have access to Logitech free SetPoint software which allows additional fine-tuning of operation. The basic click/tap/swipe operations are described as following:

71O1BcOtKPL._SL1500_.jpg

Of course, the main interest is HOW does it work with Android on your phone? There was no issues pairing it up with my Note 2, and afterwards all I had to do is flip the power switch and mouse pointer was there on my screen. I found this mouse to work on almost any surface. It easily scrolls up/down through webpages and left/right between your phone screens by simply gliding your finger on the mouse surface up/down. Left click works perfectly as "Enter", and Right click works perfectly as "Back" button (!!!). To make things even better, Middle button click works perfectly as "Home" button. So, you are in a total control of your Android smartphone/tablet navigation.

Overall, I think its a fantastic mouse which packs some incredible functionality. The current price on Amazon for $49.99 makes its a great value, considering its advance design, solid build, battery endurance with rapid charging, and flexibility to work in both Windows and Android environments. If you are looking to buy a wireless mouse for your smartphone, I can't think of a better choice than T630 where you get a mouse to control your on-screen pointer, to use touch controls for document, webpages, and phone screen navigation, and to have a direct shortcut access to Enter/Back/Home with three "invisible" click buttons. This one definitely gets my high recommendation!

Here are the pictures.

logitech_t630-01_zps0749a996.jpg

logitech_t630-02_zpsca9f46d4.jpg

logitech_t630-03_zpsdf05cfe0.jpg

logitech_t630-04_zps626864af.jpg

logitech_t630-05_zps9c9ed6de.jpg

logitech_t630-06_zpsae634a4d.jpg

logitech_t630-07_zpsad98a83a.jpg

logitech_t630-08_zps32fbfcf5.jpg

logitech_t630-09_zps49e84da4.jpg

logitech_t630-10_zps1736f4eb.jpg

logitech_t630-11_zps712f2b24.jpg

logitech_t630-12_zpsf5ba386a.jpg

logitech_t630-13_zpsd6ab918d.jpg

logitech_t630-14_zpsb4b130d4.jpg

logitech_t630-15_zpscc07a885.jpg

logitech_t630-16_zpsfd752705.jpg

logitech_t630-17_zps40510e41.jpg

logitech_t630-18_zps5046dec9.jpg

logitech_t630-19_zps4e499681.jpg

Reactions: Philip

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Just made a video review of how this Logitech T630 mouse works with my android phone. This is my first official video review, so please go easy on me, I'm still an amateur when it comes to YT reviews and this one was made in one shot just now without any editing. Perhaps if I get enough positive feedback, I can continue with more video reviews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4X1SPipJ28

Reactions: mrhomg

mrhomg

Feb 15, 2014
Bountiful, UT
Ultrathin Mouse works great, but...

Loving using this mouse on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1. The only problem is, the tablet also thinks it's a bluetooth keyboard. So when I don't want to use my real bluetooth keyboard, I have to turn off the mouse because it prevents the on-screen keyboard from coming up. Any suggestions? :confused:

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Loving using this mouse on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1. The only problem is, the tablet also thinks it's a bluetooth keyboard. So when I don't want to use my real bluetooth keyboard, I have to turn off the mouse because it prevents the on-screen keyboard from coming up. Any suggestions? :confused:

Funny you mentioned this. I was using this mouse with my Note 2 for navigation only, so didn't test it with a keyboard typing. Well, today I was playing around with my Omate TS smartwatch which is basically an Android device with 1.5" screen, and used T630 for easier navigation. Discovered the same problem where I couldn't use on-screen keyboard when paired up with a mouse. It considers this mouse as input device so virtual keyboard gets disabled, I guess. I will continue playing around, but as of now don't have a solution. If you figure it out, please post it in here.

mrhomg

Feb 15, 2014
Bountiful, UT
So I returned the ultrathin mouse and got the Microsoft Sculpt BT mouse... same thing happened! It thinks my mouse is the default mouse AND keyboard. And also has my BT keyboard as thed default kb. So they are both default....????? Yikes. It seems to be a problem with the tablet and not the mouse used.

Sent from my SM-T520 using XDA Premium HD app

pevzz

Feb 7, 2014
Ultrathin

This mouse works great on Yoga 2. Easier to handle on Windows 8. Very precise and consistent handling. Small and thin enough to pack with my laptop. No need to practice on features

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Hi guys,

Ultrathin Touch Mouse...great design, but the mouse is constantly losing connectivity to laptop (X1 Carbon) and have to remove and re-install the device to get it to reconnect...try it guys...

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
So I returned the ultrathin mouse and got the Microsoft Sculpt BT mouse... same thing happened! It thinks my mouse is the default mouse AND keyboard. And also has my BT keyboard as thed default kb. So they are both default....????? Yikes. It seems to be a problem with the tablet and not the mouse used.

Sent from my SM-T520 using XDA Premium HD app

I think it has something to do with bluetooth profile of that mouse. Logitech makes a lot of wireless keyboards, and combos of keyboard/touchpad that work with Android devices (like their famous K400 keyboard). Perhaps they use the same bluetooth profile with all of them to pair up as mouse/keyboard, thus messing up control on a phone and a tablet? In a worst case, you can use T630 paired up wireless and also pair up another keyboard or attach one through OTG usb? Though it defeats the whole purpose of using a wireless mouse and on-screen touch keyboard.

StardustGeass

Jan 7, 2012
Jakarta

Glad I read this before I decided to buy it...
Is it possible using this mouse AND a bluetooth keyboard in the same time then?

I already have a logitech bluetooth keyboard for android, and I don't want buying this if it renders my bluetooth keyboard unusable :(

mrhomg

Feb 15, 2014
Bountiful, UT
Glad I read this before I decided to buy it...
Is it possible using this mouse AND a bluetooth keyboard in the same time then?

I already have a logitech bluetooth keyboard for android, and I don't want buying this if it renders my bluetooth keyboard unusable :(

Yes you can use both a mouse and physical keyboard at the same time, just not the onscreen keyboard.

StardustGeass

Jan 7, 2012
Jakarta
Yes you can use both a mouse and physical keyboard at the same time, just not the onscreen keyboard.

Ah, thank you for the reply...

I became uncertain because I saw some people have problems using bluetooth mouse and bluetooth keyboard at the same time, such as continous disconnecting and reconnecting etc that is (probably) caused by both bluetooth keyboard and mouse tries to become the default keyboard, and then shutting down other...

But, I'm glad to know that you tried it and it works well together....

Planning to buy one soon :)

mrhomg

Feb 15, 2014
Bountiful, UT
Ah, thank you for the reply...

I became uncertain because I saw some people have problems using bluetooth mouse and bluetooth keyboard at the same time, such as continous disconnecting and reconnecting etc that is (probably) caused by both bluetooth keyboard and mouse tries to become the default keyboard, and then shutting down other...

But, I'm glad to know that you tried it and it works well together....

Planning to buy one soon :)

I wish I had a solution for you (and me)!

StardustGeass

Jan 7, 2012
Jakarta
A solution for using the onscreen keyboard and bluetooth mouse at the same time.

Oh! It seems you have misunderstanding for my question xD

I plan to use T630 bluetooth mouse AND logitech bluetooth keyboard for android, in the same time...
So, I won't use an onscreen keyboard at all...

Will using those two, wireless bluetooth peripherals at the same time works?

jaysenharris

Oct 21, 2008
T630 and Onscreen Keyboard at the same time

I can't post the link to the solution I found but if you google search "android enable on screen keyboard" the stackexchange link at the top worked for me on my Nexus 10.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

I can't post the link to the solution I found but if you google search "android enable on screen keyboard" the stackexchange link at the top worked for me on my Nexus 10.

psdos

Nov 5, 2007
Cartagena (Spain)
The problem, in Note Pro 12.2 is that when you connect Logitech T630 mouse, don't show in "Select an input method" the option "Hardware Physical Keyboard ON/OFF". In other device, Xperia Ultra Z, Nexus 7, this yes is show at connect the mouse and on screen keyboard go again if you put "Hardware Physical Keyboard" in OFF.

I wait this clear the problem with this beautiful mouse:laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a review of Logitech T630 Ultrathin Touch Mouse. http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/ultrathin-touch-mouse-t630

Before I start my review, let me get this upfront: YES, it WORKS with Android!!! The name Logitech is synonymous with keyboard and mouse accessories, and not just quality but also forward looking design. After T630 introduction, I was a bit disappointed it's spec only included support for Windows8 and Windows7. Without a doubt the intent of a mouse is to be used with a PC or a laptop. But with growing popularity of tablets and large display smartphones, as well as people connecting their phones to a bigger "tv" screen, more people use a wireless mouse and a keyboard to turn their smartphone into a computer. Nothing beats putting your tablet or a phablet on a kickstand and enjoying scrolling through a webpage using a wireless mouse. How about doing that and much more in style with a sexy ultrathin T630!!! Let's take a closer look.

Before you even get to T630, you can't help but to stare at the display box it comes packaged in. This is not your typical box to open and to throw away, this one is a keeper to showcase your T630 when not in use, displaying it like a trophy :) Once you take it out of the box, the next surprise is how lightweight and smooth it feels in your hand. At only 68g with dimensions of approximately 85mm in length, 50mm/60mm in width between narrow and wide parts, and 5mm/15mm in thickness as it narrow down toward the front edge, its very compact and super portable. With a body made out of brushed metal and silky-smooth touch surface it feels almost like a pebble in your hand. When you flip it over, there is micro-usb charging port (including provided angled micro-usb to usb cable), on/off switch, pair-up Connect button, and a switch between 2 bluetooth devices. Yes, you can pair it up with 2 different bluetooth devices and use one at a time with a flip of a switch. This is a perfect combination to have in a setup with a smartphone and a laptop. Also, it has rapid charge mode where 1-2 minutes on usb charger or connected to your computer usb port will provide enough charge for about an your of work. Full charge can last you up to 10 days.

The mouse itself has two ways of operation. First of all, you have your traditional Right, Left, and Middle mouse clicks, and then you also have 9 touch gestures. One thing you need to keep in mind, this is not exactly a touch pad where you tap for mouse clicks. The mouse click itself is a physical action where you need to apply a force to click it, while touch gestures are performed by swiping your finger on the surface of the mouse. I personally found this to be very useful in preventing accidental clicking when you hover over the mouse with a palm of your hand and need to physically move it in order to change pointer position on the screen. This logistics has a slight learning curve to get used to operation, but afterwards it becomes natural. You move and click it like a regular mouse, and you use touch gestures as shortcuts for Windows7/8 functions and scrolling through multi-page documents or pages in your browser on any platform. The only difference with Windows is that you have access to Logitech free SetPoint software which allows additional fine-tuning of operation. The basic click/tap/swipe operations are described as following:

71O1BcOtKPL._SL1500_.jpg

Of course, the main interest is HOW does it work with Android on your phone? There was no issues pairing it up with my Note 2, and afterwards all I had to do is flip the power switch and mouse pointer was there on my screen. I found this mouse to work on almost any surface. It easily scrolls up/down through webpages and left/right between your phone screens by simply gliding your finger on the mouse surface up/down. Left click works perfectly as "Enter", and Right click works perfectly as "Back" button (!!!). To make things even better, Middle button click works perfectly as "Home" button. So, you are in a total control of your Android smartphone/tablet navigation.

Overall, I think its a fantastic mouse which packs some incredible functionality. The current price on Amazon for $49.99 makes its a great value, considering its advance design, solid build, battery endurance with rapid charging, and flexibility to work in both Windows and Android environments. If you are looking to buy a wireless mouse for your smartphone, I can't think of a better choice than T630 where you get a mouse to control your on-screen pointer, to use touch controls for document, webpages, and phone screen navigation, and to have a direct shortcut access to Enter/Back/Home with three "invisible" click buttons. This one definitely gets my high recommendation!

Here are the pictures.

logitech_t630-01_zps0749a996.jpg

logitech_t630-02_zpsca9f46d4.jpg

logitech_t630-03_zpsdf05cfe0.jpg

logitech_t630-04_zps626864af.jpg

logitech_t630-05_zps9c9ed6de.jpg

logitech_t630-06_zpsae634a4d.jpg

logitech_t630-07_zpsad98a83a.jpg

logitech_t630-08_zps32fbfcf5.jpg

logitech_t630-09_zps49e84da4.jpg

logitech_t630-10_zps1736f4eb.jpg

logitech_t630-11_zps712f2b24.jpg

logitech_t630-12_zpsf5ba386a.jpg

logitech_t630-13_zpsd6ab918d.jpg

logitech_t630-14_zpsb4b130d4.jpg

logitech_t630-15_zpscc07a885.jpg

logitech_t630-16_zpsfd752705.jpg

logitech_t630-17_zps40510e41.jpg

logitech_t630-18_zps5046dec9.jpg

logitech_t630-19_zps4e499681.jpg
    Just made a video review of how this Logitech T630 mouse works with my android phone. This is my first official video review, so please go easy on me, I'm still an amateur when it comes to YT reviews and this one was made in one shot just now without any editing. Perhaps if I get enough positive feedback, I can continue with more video reviews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4X1SPipJ28
    No constant disconnecting or such when those two connected at the same time?
    Niceee...

Oh, and may I know your device and Android OS as well?
    Just for reference :)

Yes I am using a Galaxy Tab Pro.
    any battery replacement and disassembly procedure?

The documentation that comes with the mouse shows that it can be pried open with a flat-blade screwdriver, at end-of-life to dispose of the battery. Whether this can be done without damaging the casing, someone will have to find out.

Yes, I can confirm that with this mouse you HAVE to also use a physical keyboard.

I have a Mlais M52 phone (5.5 inch screen, almost-stock Android 4.4.4) and am using a Logitech K480 keyboard and T630 mouse, and no clash, they work great. In fact, more than great, I really love this way of using my phone, though still do have to touch the screen for some actions.

Have have written a mini-first-impressions:

bkhome.org/news/?viewDetailed=00199