Flickering screen only when playing videos

Search This thread

maorgit

Apr 12, 2012
Hello everyone,
I have my i9500 for about a year and had no problems until now ... the problem started around two weeks ago. whenever i play a video (it happens on any player including youtube app) the screen starts flickering (it never flickers when you do anything else!). I wanted to know if anyone has seen this and if there is a fix for it.
thank you for anyone who can help

NonXtreme

Oct 23, 2013
I have seen it before and reboot the phone fix the problem.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Free mobile app

maorgit

Apr 12, 2012
Thanks I have rebooted phone full wiped changed roms everything like that it keeps coming back...
Edit: after reboot it stopped... But it comes back... There isn't any better fix for it?
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

makaroonzkr

May 22, 2014
Thanks I have rebooted phone full wiped changed roms everything like that it keeps coming back...
Edit: after reboot it stopped... But it comes back... There isn't any better fix for it?
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

have your tried reflashing a rom or an official firmware?

SOLVED

Same here. Did you find a solution?

Has sido Tapatalkeado

Go to Settings, More tab, Developer options (if it's not enabled please google how to enable), Force GPU rendering
I found this fixed it in my S4 Black edition.
If this solution doesn't work for you then also try to clear the cache partion.
To do this, Hold power, home and volume up until the phone shows [Samsung Galaxy I9500 blah] then release only power button. you are now in recovery mode. use volume buttons to scroll to the correct option (clear cache partition, i think) and press power to select it.
Then reboot. Hopefully this will work for everyone.

Ilyapl

Jan 20, 2015
Fix for screen flickering upon video playing

I just got a brand new s4 i9500. And when I play videos from YouTube, whatsapp through Samsung player or vlc etc my screen starts flickering like crazy and then blacks out.

To fix I went to developer settings and enabled a function called " Turn off hardware overlays"

This instantly solved the problem of the flashing screen during video playing.

Hope this helps.