[Q] How to enable unknown source ?

Search This thread

fbifido

Apr 19, 2006
Hi,

I just loaded Showbox to my FTV, and the app needs to be updated, but I don't know how to enable unknown sources on this box.

Can this be done with the ADB command line.

or Can I copy the one from my android phone and use it, How can I backup my android apps to my pc?

Spelvin

Nov 25, 2009
Unfortunately, enabling unknown sources is not currently an option for us. Once its rooted, we should get that ability.

stanggman75

Aug 23, 2010
KANSAS CITY, MO
Hi,

I just loaded Showbox to my FTV, and the app needs to be updated, but I don't know how to enable unknown sources on this box.

or Can I copy the one from my android phone and use it, How can I backup my android apps to my pc?

I upgraded the one on my phone, deleted the one on FTV and sideloaded the new updated apk. This worked but I had to re-ad all my favorites to my library.

rsohne

Mar 4, 2007
I'm hardly an expert at adb but if you do the install line " adb install -r filename.apk it will install over the previous app and retain all settings. That's how I update my XBMC.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I upgraded the one on my phone, deleted the one on FTV and sideloaded the new updated apk. This worked but I had to re-ad all my favorites to my library.
    I'm hardly an expert at adb but if you do the install line " adb install -r filename.apk it will install over the previous app and retain all settings. That's how I update my XBMC.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk