[TUT] How to root Xperia Z1 [14.3.A.0.757] Kitkat 4.4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

electrash

Aug 31, 2011
Mali Lošinj - Rijeka
Hi dear community.
Yesterday i had very hard day regarding of rooting my Xperia Z1 on Kitkat 4.4.2.
I read lot of tutorials and videos and still didnt know what to do.
I will try to simplify much i can.
So here we go.
THIS TUTORIAL IS SAME FOR EVERY VERSION OF XPERIA Z1, BUT FOR C6902, C906, C6943 USE DOWNLOAD LINKS IN SECOND POST FOR GETTING FIRMWARE.

------DISCLAIMER-------

THIS PROCES WILL WIPE YOUR CONTACTS, SMS, APPS, ALBUM PICTURES, SO TRY TO BACK UP EVERYTHING YOU NEED BEFORE
FOLLOWING THIS TUTORIAL

Requitments: (Download everything before proceding)
1. Download Flashtool
2. Sony Xperia Z1 USB Drivers
3. C6903_14.3.A.0.757.flashable.zip download
4. C6903_14.3.A.0.757_Stripped.ftf Download
5. Recovery installer by NUT
6. C6903_14.1.G.1.534_NUT.ftf download <<<<< For other version (C6902, C906, C6943 find .534 firmware for your model)

Lets beging:
1. Instal lattest flashtool which you previously downloaded
2. When you finish installing go to (C:\Flashtool\drivers and install drivers from that app [Flashmode and fastboot drivers] if you instaled on C disc)
3. Now move C6903_14.3.A.0.757_Stripped.ftf and C6903_14.1.G.1.534_NUT.ftf to C:\Flashtool\firmwares (C disc on my case)
4. Go to about phone click 7 times on build number, then turn on usb debugging in developers option and turn on unknown recources in security option
4. Now run flashtool (32bit if your pc is 32, or 64bit if your pc is 64bit
5. Wait till syncing is over and then click on lightning icon in left upper corner
6. Select flashmode and select C6903_14.1.G.1.534_NUT.ftf and select [WIPE DATA, CACHE APPSLOG] everything else uncheked
7. While flashtool prepares your firmware, turn off your phone
8. After beeing prepared connect your phone with volume down button via usb to your pc
9. Wait couple of minutes (once it will appear that its stopped, dont worry, it will finish soon)
10. Unplug your phone and switch ON after flashing proces is finished
11. Now repeat step 4
12. Now unzip Recovery installer by NUT, and opent folder, and double click on Instal.bat file
13. Pick option 3 (type 3 with keyboard and pres enter)
14. Now connect your phone using USB cable (this time leave it ON)
15. Phone will reboot and go to recovery (Then go to reboot > system > (instal superSU)
NOTICE THIS STEP MEY BE DIFFRENT, DEPENDS ON YOUR DEFAULT RECOVERY
16. Instal SuperSU from google play
17. Connect phone via usb to your pc and transfer C6903_14.3.A.0.757.flashable.zip to your internal storage or sd card (In my case internal)
18. Disconnect the phone and power it off
19. Now power ON, when green led appers keep clicking fastly volume down button to go to recovery
20. Now instal flashable zip from internal memory
21. WHEN ITS FINISH DO NOT REBOOT YOUR PHONE, you must power off your phone (in one recovery power off is hiden in reboot menu)
22. Then open flashtool, clich flash icon, choose C6903_14.3.A.0.757_Stripped.ftf leave everything uncheked
23. Connect your phone via usb cable to pc holding volume down key
24. After it is finish disconnect your phone and power it on, Notice that first boot may take up to 5min

Now you have fully working rooted phone on Kitkat 4.4.2

Credits to NUT for wonderfull files, firmwares
Credits to various makers of tutorial which helped me (more or less) to root my phone
Credits to flashtool team

VIDEO TUTORIAL (which i found to late)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zscUImoPLpM

Last edited:

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
No new info, but it is easier to understand what to do. I didnt saw a single quality tutorial yestarday for this.

So why didn't you just add to an existing thread as a Ultra Noob friendly guide?

The existing guides are very good quality. they just done lead you through the process by your nose and expect a tiny bit of prior knowledge

joecool666

Jan 23, 2012
Dublin
i dont beleave this, like greg has said we DONT need anymore tut on how to root z1 or ultra or z1c what the hell is going on, do the mods read and know how to organize a tread, common mods clean up this whole fourm please , cause it is getting out of hand peeps useing others works and getting credit for it, it is getting to messy in here, and not noob friendly i must say, regards joe

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
i dont beleave this, like greg has said we DONT need anymore tut on how to root z1 or ultra or z1c what the hell is going on, do the mods read and know how to organize a tread, common mods clean up this whole fourm please , cause it is getting out of hand peeps useing others works and getting credit for it, it is getting to messy in here, and not noob friendly i must say, regards joe

@joecool666 The mods have a hard time covering forums, they are in charge of multiple forums. the best bet is to just use the orange triangle in the top right of the post, report it to the mods and let them deal with it.
They will get there when they pick up the reports.

Its always good to see people contributing, however, in a large forum like XDA extra clutter actually makes things harder to find., a bit like finding a needle in a pile of needles. If you see a tutorial that looks like it could be improved, post in that that thread. It makes it easier to keep threads/OPs/tutorials up to date.

Thanks

joecool666

Jan 23, 2012
Dublin
@joecool666 The mods have a hard time covering forums, they are in charge of multiple forums. the best bet is to just use the orange triangle in the top right of the post, report it to the mods and let them deal with it.
They will get there when they pick up the reports.

Its always good to see people contributing, however, in a large forum like XDA extra clutter actually makes things harder to find., a bit like finding a needle in a pile of needles. If you see a tutorial that looks like it could be improved, post in that that thread. It makes it easier to keep threads/OPs/tutorials up to date.

Thanks

thanks man did that,

Saqib Nazm

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 3, 2012
Virginia, USA
I appreciate your intention for trying to help the community, but as we already have various rooting threads and also kind of similar to this one I am going to close this thread. But I have posted your rooting method into the sticky thread and you can find your post HERE. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.