[ROM] 11/23/11 | Fresh Evo 4.3.3 | OTA 4.54.651.1 | Carrier IQ Removed | Read More

Search This thread

MadFlava

Jul 5, 2008
Not a bag on Flipz whatsoever but booooo on HTC for removing all the cool Sense stuff that other 2.3 phones have. I guess if they gave us anything too awesome, no one would have a reason to upgrade to the 3D.

lath19

Jun 20, 2010
Adfree doesn't work. I get a failed to mount partition error. Same thing happened a few months ago on a fresh beta. Fixes?

I also can't access my alarm clock. Clicking on the sense clock does nothing and there is no longer a clock app.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

ajaholic

Jan 1, 2007
New Jersey
is there a way to shutdown fully when you want to instead of fastboot without going to menu>applications>fastboot and enabling/disabling it each time?

guruhiten

Jul 11, 2009
Dallas TX
Awesome! As much as I'm going to miss some of te CM7 features, I defo won't miss the sucky battery life or the erratic GPS!

Time to get Freshhh :D

kingdazy

Feb 24, 2010
Olympia
So is this still Sense 1?

I'm sorry if I'm being daft, but I don't see it anywhere.
if I understand correctly, its like sense1.3... or something... (not officially, I just made that up)
a few cool elements of sense2, in function, but mostly sense1 in look...?

Sent from my calculator watch.

Last edited:

kippswanson

Nov 16, 2009
Fresno, CA
if I understand correctly, its like sense1.3... or something... (not officially, I just made that up)
a few cool elements of sense2, in function, but mostly sense1 in look...?

Sent from my calculator watch.
Crap.

Are there plans to go to Sense 2 or higher? I love Flipz stuff, ran other versions for a while on my Hero and they were awesome. Left for a while for CM7 cause I wanted GB. Donated and tried B1 of this, but just missed the cool new Sense stuff.

Anyway, enough rambling. Please don't jump on me for asking about Sense 2+. I'm just asking cause I really want to come on other to this ROM.:)

kingdazy

Feb 24, 2010
Olympia
Are there plans to go to Sense 2 or higher? ... Donated and tried B1 of this, but just missed the cool new Sense stuff.
there are people working on ports of this (sense2/3/etc) from other phones, but these ports will likely never have 4g, and possibly other hardware driver issues... among a few of the hurdles with ports.
And speculation so far seems to think that will will never get an "official" sense2 (or 3) release for the Evo, sadly.
but enough about what we can't have, in this thread. :D
doing a nandroid right now so I can take this fine lookin beta baby out for a drive. ;)
thanks Flipz!

FattySparks

Jul 14, 2010
St. Louis, MO
there are people working on ports of this (sense2/3/etc) from other phones, but these ports will likely never have 4g, and possibly other hardware driver issues... among a few of the hurdles with ports.
And speculation so far seems to think that will will never get an "official" sense2 (or 3) release for the Evo, sadly.
but enough about what we can't have, in this thread. :D
doing a nandroid right now so I can take this fine lookin beta baby out for a drive. ;)
thanks Flipz!

What are you talking about, hTc is supposed to release an update sometime this quarter.

I would imagine that this leak is them trying to get GB running and then they will put the new sense on top of that.

Then again, I could be wrong. (Though, I sure hope not...)

kingdazy

Feb 24, 2010
Olympia
What are you talking about, hTc is supposed to release an update sometime this quarter.

I would imagine that this leak is them trying to get GB running and then they will put the new sense on top of that.

Then again, I could be wrong. (Though, I sure hope not...)
so, this Really isnt the thread for this, but yes, HTC is releasing an update this summer, and yes, a GB update. And like I said earlier, it's all speculation, some say one, some say the other (re: what Sense will be in it.)
Personally, the idea of getting GB to "work" with an old version of Sense, Then putting Sense 2.X on Top of that makes little to no sense to me (pun... intended?).
Sense is big, Sense runs deep. It's not "just a simple overlay". From a software testing standpoint, it makes no sense to test an OS with an extensive older software set integrated, then retest (this close to release) with a completely new software system later.
Perhaps the leak is what we are getting (likely), or perhaps it's an early test build that has been abandoned...? (if we're lucky)
(i'm not saying anything more on this, there are a billionionion other threads re: this... ;) )

Last edited:

flipzmode

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2009
geekfor.me
Hey Fresh, thanks for the rom. Love your work. Just a note, it's 2011. You may want to change that. Got me confused for a bit.

just thought i would say its 2011, dunno if thats a typo but this looks koooool

Hahah. Oops. Thanks guys. :D

Adfree doesn't work. I get a failed to mount partition error. Same thing happened a few months ago on a fresh beta. Fixes?

I also can't access my alarm clock. Clicking on the sense clock does nothing and there is no longer a clock app.

I'll look in to ad free... although are we sure it's gingerbread compatible? I'll have to install it and see why it's erroring. As for the alarm clock... it's definitely there. Ha. Name is WorldClock.apk and is in /system/app/. Try wiping dalvik-cache. If no go then re-flash. It's for sure there.
icon14.gif

wont the screen brightness being at 100% kill your battery, even with the filter?

Yup. That's why I'm only calling it a workaround, and why I made sure to say your screen is technically still at 100%. Unfortunately it's a bug that novatec owners have to deal with until a new kernel comes along. Or the kernel source (which clearly won't happen until after this release is made official, and probably not until 6+ months after then. Ha).

Reactions: RangerLT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0bN4j.png

Geek For Me is proud to release:

Fresh Evo 4.3.3 for your Sprint Evo 4g

Base: OTA_Supersonic_4.54.651.1

HbZsX.png

From 4.2.2 to 4.3.3:
    • Included V6 SuperCharger in /system/xbin/V6_SuperCharger_u8.sh for those who want to use it.
      • Thanks to zeppelinrox for this. I am NOT the dev and won't be supporting any questions with this script as it's extensive. Please visit the original thread if you have any.
    • Updated Fresh Updater (v1.4.0) to rename themes to mods.
      • Added some helpful text prompts to hopefully alleviate questions from when people don't read the FAQ. :)
      • Removed some deprecated options to clean up the menus
      • Fixed bug where it wouldn't reboot automatically on the evo
    • Downgraded busybox to 1.18.2 to resolve some scripting issues
    • Updated Vending/Market to 3.3.12
    • Updated SuperUser to 3.0.7

Not every mod in this rom is outlined here if it was done in a previous version. It contains all the Fresh goodies as outlined in the Fresh Evo changelog: http://link.geekfor.me/evochangelog

3oG0H.png

• Why am I getting FC’s on gmail/market/voice search/whatever?
      • FC’s can be a common issue when /system/app contains an app that you already have on /data/app. So if you get a FC on gmail, the market, or something similar, then it can generally be fixed 99.99% of the time by either wiping that particular apps data (Settings < Manage Applications < All < YOUR APP < Clear Data), or going in and uninstalling it which will actually force it to use the one /system/app.
      • Or, of course, can be fixed 100% of the time by doing a full data wipe before installing! I have verified this rom as 100% FC free (at boot at least) so if you have issues, it’s your particular setup.
    • Why do I get invalid signature when flashing?
      • This zip is signed the same as I’ve signed every other rom for the last 2.5 years but was getting invalid signature from TWRC 1.1.1. So make sure signature checking is disabled. You can compare the md5 below to make sure your download is good though.
    • Is this Ice Cream Sandwich? It says it’s version 4.x?
      • No. This is version 4.x of Fresh Rom. The Android version is always in my change log and unless it’s tagged as a dev rom, will always be the newest official OTA, or possibly a beta tag for a leaked OTA.
    • How do I setup V6 SuperCharger?
    • How do I remove Carrier IQ / CIQ?

N4dO9.png

• I always listen to the community as a whole and if enough people want something then I will generally add it to my rom. So feel free to ask. However if it's something that only a few people want then I request that you do it yourself and submit a mod/theme/patch for the others to use! :)

ME0p9.png

• None that are caused by Fresh.

Rmj8X.png

Install Notes: This update does not require a data wipe if you are on a stock-ish Sprint/Sense rom or on a previous version of fresh. If you are coming from another rom then a wipe may be required. Always perform a nandroid backup before flashing.
    Donors: No changes from the one sent out to you.

OWrUl.png

• Post any questions/issues below
    • Post on my site at http://geekfor.me
    • Please don’t email or pm me directly for support as that doesn’t help the next person who has that question. I also get a ton of email. Thanks.
    Fair warning: if you ask me something that is already answered in the forum, the change log, or these release notes, then I'm going to ignore it. Sorry.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Road map for next version:
    • All changes included in newest release
    Bump for the 4.1.1.0 release. Thanks to all the donors and testers! <3
    Bump for new release!
    Bump for new release!