[ALPHA][PORT]Ice Cream Sandwich[4.0.1][Vanilla]

Search This thread

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
The needing to use trackball to navigate is due to this being from the SDK ROM as that doesn't have touchscreen support only mouse and keyboard. I wonder if pulling those relevant files from gingerbread would help.

renzo.olivares

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2011
The needing to use trackball to navigate is due to this being from the SDK ROM as that doesn't have touchscreen support only mouse and keyboard. I wonder if pulling those relevant files from gingerbread would help.

hmm maybe i havent tried did r2doesinc ever get touchscreen working on his honeycomb port?

dunndada

Sep 27, 2010
Baltimore
If I remember correctly yes...it was very slow though. I definately showed someone hc on my phone and touchscreen worked.... ill tweet him

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

ithrewitontheground

Nov 7, 2010
Thanks for your work Joel, but how do you get past the screen after the lockscreen? I clicked on ok and the app drawer button and couldn't get the welcome screen to go away. Any luck?

swm5126

Dec 11, 2009
Seems like Nexus One and Desire owners have gotten touch working with some kind of .idc file or something?

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

kioshi

Feb 9, 2011
Fremont, CA
This rom is so clean!

And as others have said, press trackball down and slide your thumb a little after pressing down..it will go to next screen for you.

I went to the email setup screen, but since keyboard does not work i had to go back CM7.

Def going to be following this Joel.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well title says it all

Working:
    It Boots :D
    Navigate Rom With Trackball

Not Working:
    Just About Everything Else

Goods:
    Cyanogen Aosp Kernel
    Android 4.0.1 Vanilla

Link: http://www.androidfilehost2.com/mai.../Joel/ALPHA ROMS/ICE CREAM SANDWICH/SDK PORT/
    Kernel is now correctly loading the Samsung driver and identifying the touchscreen! Still haven't gotten it to register input yet but getting closer I think, need to make some adjustments.

Hopefully with a little more time I can get this going. I'm honestly relatively inexperienced with kernels but I know c/c++ pretty well so its taking some time to understand what does what and how things are relates.

I started building the emulator full dev version, at 7:49pm EST (8 mins ago). I want to see if it gripes about anything before moving on to trying an Inc build. So far, so good!

EDIT: Crapped out. I think I found the problem and just restarted it.
    Got the softkeys working!

Will start a new topic shortly...

I know I said I was going to post what I had yesterday but after seeing that no one on any other devices seems to be making much progress on the touchscreen I'm going ahead and trying to finish(or at least try to) porting the Samsung touchscreen driver.

I've made some progress since yesterday and have found what its hanging up on. The Sammy driver seems to be having trouble reading and writing to the i2c bus at all, so I'm going to start there. Which is basically the very beginning of the driver so god knows what else wont work once that is fixed! :D