Weaker signals since updating to 4.3

Search This thread

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
As the title states, my signals both data and calls have been notably weaker than they previously once were on 4.2.2, my journey is exactly the same and a friend of mine who has the same tariff as me has had no change. I'm using the EE radio/baseband which is what network I am on, so I can't figure out what the problem could be.

Any ideas or anyone else in a similar boat who hasn't had these issues and what you've done to maintain the same signal would be great.

Cheers.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
My signal go up and down even in the same place so to me is weird. On some HTC device this has been solved flashing the Radio only. I will be glad if on Z1 this can be done as well but I think we can't so I don't know how to improve the signal if not flash an entire FTF.

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
I have no problem with reception, even in places with thick walls. My friends are struggling to get fast internet connection and its as fast as outdoors for me. Try flashing generic ftf.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
My signal go up and down even in the same place so to me is weird. On some HTC device this has been solved flashing the Radio only. I will be glad if on Z1 this can be done as well but I think we can't so I don't know how to improve the signal if not flash an entire FTF.

Just grab an ftf of your choice, then exclude everything except baseband and don't wipe. That would work, I've tried a few but haven't noticed any change to be honest.

I still have signal but nowhere near as much as I did on previous phones with the same network.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Just grab an ftf of your choice, then exclude everything except baseband and don't wipe. That would work, I've tried a few but haven't noticed any change to be honest.

I still have signal but nowhere near as much as I did on previous phones with the same network.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I was thinking about that way but the baseband still the same in almost all FTF. This is why we do not have improvement. On HTC the Radio was always improved. Some Dev should extract the baseband and get it work better if there is some way.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
I was thinking about that way but the baseband still the same in almost all FTF. This is why we do not have improvement. On HTC the Radio was always improved. Some Dev should extract the baseband and get it work better if there is some way.

Yea I hope so, because my signals are significantly weaker.

I'm currently visiting my home town and in places where I had 4G before I'm only getting 3G and have missed a tonne of calls.

Being on 4.2.2 was absolutely fine.

Would the baseband from a 4.2 ROM work OK on a 4.3 ROM? I only ask as if its not an issue to flash it, I personally think it would help signal strength.

Seems like all I'm ever doing is hoping that things will improve on this phone. I've never known instability like this on a rooted handset before. I believe the kinks will be ironed out eventually though.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited: