[Q] VZ HTC One stuck in Cyanogenmod boot loop

Search This thread

payrovi2

Jun 14, 2012
I was able to get my VS HTC One S-Off with Firewater, thankfully.

As I was trying to load Cyanogenmod, the Wipe Cache process seemed to take way too long >30minutes. I powered down and rebooted, and then loaded the cyanogenmod stable RC zip. The phone is now permanently stuck in the cyanogenmod boot loop, with the blue arrow going in a circle.

I can't even get it to power down successfully...but sometimes it will turn off and then go back into the same loop. I have gotten it to fastboot once, but I tried to wipe all the caches/partitions again, and reboot...and same loop.

Any help please?
=============
More info:
I was able to get into CWM v6.0.4.7 recovery. I'm was able to sideload the STABLE CM 10.2 for verizon htc one...and it seems to have installed. But I'm still going into a boot loop. The loop is different for the stable version than it was for the release candidate...just a different CM logo and circle. So that's how I know the CM 10.2 stable loaded effectively. It rebooted on it's own one time after 10 mintues of looping, but still stuck.

Last edited:

vpxf

Sep 5, 2012

As I was trying to load Cyanogenmod, the Wipe Cache process seemed to take way too long >30minutes. I powered down and rebooted, and then loaded the cyanogenmod stable RC zip. The phone is now permanently stuck in the cyanogenmod boot loop, with the blue arrow going in a circle.

I can't even get it to power down successfully...but sometimes it will turn off and then go back into the same loop. I have gotten it to fastboot once, but I tried to wipe all the caches/partitions again, and reboot...and same loop.

Any help please?
=============
More info:
I was able to get into CWM v6.0.4.7 recovery. I'm was able to sideload the STABLE CM 10.2 for verizon htc one...and it seems to have installed. But I'm still going into a boot loop. The loop is different for the stable version than it was for the release candidate...just a different CM logo and circle. So that's how I know the CM 10.2 stable loaded effectively. It rebooted on it's own one time after 10 mintues of looping, but still stuck.

It's the recovery, I'm 99% sure of it. I had the same issues that you described and resolved it by flashing CWM 6.0.4.4.
You should be able to find it somewhere on the forum but if not I have a copy on my FTP here: http://www.radracer.us/otp/droid/recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4-m7vzw_2.zip

Once you flash the new recovery do a data/cache wipe as you usually would and then try loading CM once more. The data/cache wipe should be almost instant.(<60seconds)

Last edited:

payrovi2

Jun 14, 2012
It's the recovery, I'm 99% sure of it. I had the same issues that you described and resolved it by flashing CWM 6.0.4.4.
You should be able to find it somewhere on the forum but if not I have a copy on my FTP here: http://www.radracer.us/otp/droid/recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4-m7vzw_2.zip

Once you flash the new recovery do a data/cache wipe as you usually would and then try loading CM once more. The data/cache wipe should be almost instant.(<60seconds)

After trying a few other roms unsuccessfully, I read somewhere about a CM11 Nightly that was very stable. I wiped everything 3 times, sideloaded it, and voila...it's working fine right now.

Thanks for all the help...I'm finally on Cyanogenmod...which has been evading my phone of choice for so many years!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Any help please?
    =============
    More info: