[Q] HTC tv w/ Comcast X1

Search This thread

ed-flip

Aug 11, 2013
Anybody have any luck pairing the X1 platform remote with the HTC app? I know Comcast released there own app on the playstore but i'd prefer to use the one preinstalled

Tigerstown

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
yea i can get it linked to the tv, but it wont work with the new X1 box from comcast.

Couldn't get it to control box the HTC tv. But you can use the x1 remote app.

My bad I didn't see you post a few back saying u know bout x1 remote.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gomorrah

Jan 4, 2009
Cary, North Carolina
Anybody have any luck pairing the X1 platform remote with the HTC app? I know Comcast released there own app on the playstore but i'd prefer to use the one preinstalled

I got my One to pair with my X-1 box no problem. Even re-programmed the DVR button to a menu button by using the X-1 remote and my phone. I just selected Comcast or XFINITY when setting it up and it worked.

P2o8wer

Sep 24, 2012
Works perfect. Every button

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ed-flip

Aug 11, 2013
I got my One to pair with my X-1 box no problem. Even re-programmed the DVR button to a menu button by using the X-1 remote and my phone. I just selected Comcast or XFINITY when setting it up and it worked.

Did you end up using the preselected programming. Or did you have to manually set up the remote

elvtiv

Apr 23, 2014
Seattle
Ok I'll look into it more with the xfinity option. Thanks guys

I had the same issue. HTC TV app works flawlessly with both my TV (Toshiba) and my surround sound (Samsung) but will not do anything other than turn my X1 box off/on. I even tried the manual button program and it wouldn't work...maybe HTC issued an update recently? I'll have to try again when I get home today.

ed-flip

Aug 11, 2013
I had the same issue. HTC TV app works flawlessly with both my TV (Toshiba) and my surround sound (Samsung) but will not do anything other than turn my X1 box off/on. I even tried the manual button program and it wouldn't work...maybe HTC issued an update recently? I'll have to try again when I get home today.

oh well i've had enough of messing around with it.