my droid ultra shows offline in adb

Search This thread

dogie425

Apr 11, 2014
Alma, a
I can't get my droid ultra to be recognized other than offline and can't flash it back to try the root method it says i need the fastboot o bake driver .RSD lite doesn't recoginze it in fastboot can anyone suggest a fix i have installed moto device manager 5 times each differet downloads

dogie425

Apr 11, 2014
Alma, a
If I boot it up in bp mode red lite see the phone until it reboots to fastboot the it says it didn't switch modes but it seems to

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nimdae

Feb 19, 2010
Texas
www.beausteward.com
Make sure USB debug is enabled. Make sure the phone is not on the lock screen while plugged in. Unplug and replug the device. Restart the adb service (adb kill-server, then adb start-server).

These are the easiest things to try that come to mind.

Reactions: dogie425

dogie425

Apr 11, 2014
Alma, a
Debugging is on ,lockscreen is not on . unplugged my phone and killed and restarted the server and still showing offline. Just used the same computer to unlock a HTC droid incredible 2 today and restore a lg optimus elite from a bootloop cycle. So I am pretty sure its not a issue with the computer I am using ,but I guess its time to try another computer and see if it changes anything. Any ideas or help is much appreciated and thanks nimdae for the input

nimdae

Feb 19, 2010
Texas
www.beausteward.com
OK your right . how do I get the new one download it from the android SDK website? Well that's what I'm going to do tonight thanks all for the great help

You should be able to update the tools through the manager, though I've been having trouble using the latest manager myself (it doesn't load). Otherwise, you can go to dev.android.com and download the latest package which includes the tools.

dogie425

Apr 11, 2014
Alma, a
Got the new version install . and I plan to flash back to 4.4 version 19.5.3 for my phone. RSD lite is still not detecting the phone when it switches to fastboot so that brought up the question in my mind do I need to update fastboot or was this done when I updated the adb and is there anything else I might be forgetting to do b4 I start this since I will be using the manual method to flash this in fastboot? Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. This is my everyday driver and I'm still paying for it thru the edge plan.

dogie425

Apr 11, 2014
Alma, a
TRIED Flashing thru fast boot

so i got the nerve to try downgrading my ultra with fastboot since rsd won't detect my phone when it switches to fastboot using this tutorial http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2580060 all went well except on the mfastboot command i got this responce

C:\ANDROID PWNAGE\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130917\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-2
0140321\sdk\platform-tools>mfastboot flash system system.img
(bootloader) Variable not supported!
target max-download-size: 768MB
sending 'system' (574208 KB)...
OKAY [ 36.243s]
writing 'system'...
(bootloader) Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 59.547s
and it said on the screen mfastboot error invalid piv image size for system
now the phone won't boot just jumps right back to the bootloader screen
tried it 2 more times and still no joy same out come so what do i do now? download the file again and try once more . and do i need to repeat all the steps b4 this command or will just running this command alone be fine to fix me HELP pls

Last edited:

dogie425

Apr 11, 2014
Alma, a
Have you tried putting your phone in fastboot mode then connecting it to pc

yes i tried that but found out my adb was an older version and need to be updated its seeing the phone fine now. just have to figure out my latest problem
GOOD NEWS i unzipped a second download i had in my downloads folder and used that system img file to try flashing and it when through. phone is rebooting now. time to clam down and try me some pie in a bit
(thanks jcase for the pie)

Last edited:

rmjones2006

Sep 16, 2013
birmingham
usb debugging is not necessary for fastboot commands, only ADB; however, it sounds to me like you do not have the proper drivers installed for the device if RSD is not detecting it. I would delete all Motorola drivers and Motorola Device manager, reboot computer with device unplugged, reinstall Device Manager, and then connect device. You can also download Minimal ADB and Fastboot (Google search) and it is a lot less hassle than trying to use the SDK.

You may also try using a different USB cable on a different USB port (not USB 3.0). Sometimes that causes problems.

dogie425

Apr 11, 2014
Alma, a
In the end my problem was my SDK was not updated ,so the device was only seen as offline as for why rsd doesn't detect it in fastboot I do not know ,but I was able to manually flash it in the end. Now I'm loving w/p off and root with safe strap installed despite the locked bl

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Make sure you have updated adb to the latest

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Free mobile app
    Make sure USB debug is enabled. Make sure the phone is not on the lock screen while plugged in. Unplug and replug the device. Restart the adb service (adb kill-server, then adb start-server).

These are the easiest things to try that come to mind.
    Yes, if it reports offline, then you don't have ADB 1.0.31. Type "adb version" and make sure it's 1.0.31.