[Q] SENSATION XE - Problem in installing a rom

Search This thread

TheGhostX

Jul 11, 2014
The problem is after flashing the rom and rebooting my phone, when the phone tells me to insert some details like a new phone. It's just stop and reboot. How can i stop this problem and enjoy customs rom on my htc?

Brian706

Oct 29, 2012
This always happens after flashing a new rom. You are wiping the system partition and installing the os from scratch. Every new rom flash will require you to set up the phone upon the first boot.

Edit:
Oops, sorry, I misread your post. It sounds like it's rebooting before you can set up the phone?

A couple possible issues (without knowing what you've done) :

Perhaps you didn't do a wipe before flashing the rom? Try wiping system, data, boot, cache & dalvik. Don't wipe the SD card.

Then try installing the rom again.

Depending on the rom, does it require that you flash a gapps package? This depends on the rom. If it's a stock ics rom, probably not. If it's a jellybean rom you most likely need to.

Possibly you got a bad download. Check the md5 or re-download the rom.

Did you follow all the rom instructions for flashing?

Anyway, those are a few things off the top of my head. Without knowing more detail about your current setup and what rom you are flashing, it's hard to pinpoint the exact issue.

Last edited:

TheGhostX

Jul 11, 2014
Problem in installing a rom

This always happens after flashing a new rom. You are wiping the system partition and installing the os from scratch. Every new rom flash will require you to set up the phone upon the first boot.

Edit:
Oops, sorry, I misread your post. It sounds like it's rebooting before you can set up the phone?

A couple possible issues (without knowing what you've done) :

Perhaps you didn't do a wipe before flashing the rom? Try wiping system, data, boot, cache & dalvik. Don't wipe the SD card.

Then try installing the rom again.

Depending on the rom, does it require that you flash a gapps package? This depends on the rom. If it's a stock ics rom, probably not. If it's a jellybean rom you most likely need to.

Possibly you got a bad download. Check the md5 or re-download the rom.

Did you follow all the rom instructions for flashing?

Anyway, those are a few things off the top of my head. Without knowing more detail about your current setup and what rom you are flashing, it's hard to pinpoint the exact issue.

I flashed vipers sense 5.0 in my htc sensation xe with hboot 1.27.1111.
but when the installation is finished, it has to reboot.
When rebooting it remains on the screen writing HTC SENSATION XE.
And freeze.
I have tried cyanogenmod jellybean for my htc sensation xe, it started on the home screen and asked for some information and then it freezes.

Brian706

Oct 29, 2012
Okay, this was in the Evo 3d section. Just want to be clear that I don't have any experience with your specific device.

That said, all HTC devices share some similarities. There are two major reasons why a rom won't boot on an HTC.

1.) The rom isn't compatible with your current firmware. Hboot mainly.

2.) Your device is s-on and will not allow you to flash the kernel with the rom.

There are two ways around this while s-on. Since you already flashed the rom, you can place a copy of the rom on your pc. Extract the boot.img from the rom.zip and Put it in your fastboot directory. Use the command: fastboot flash boot boot.img

As long as the rom is compatible, it should boot after flashing the boot.img (which contains the kernel).

The other method is to keep a copy of your recovery.img in your fastboot directory. Then when you want to flash a rom boot the recovery using this command: fastboot boot recovery.img

The Phone should boot into recovery and you should be able to flash the rom normally. No need to flash the boot.img separately when booting recovery this way.

One more alternative (possibly) is use 4ext recovery, if it's available for your device. http://4ext.net/

It has a feature that can be enabled called smart flash that will allow you to flash roms while s-on without the need for a pc like the two methods above.

Last edited:

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
Moved to Sensation XL forum, since it's the closes to this phone.

Reactions: Brian706

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moved to Sensation XL forum, since it's the closes to this phone.