S IV coming

Search This thread

qazibasit

Mar 24, 2012
Finally those initially bashing s4 in the same post and were comparing it xperia Z, are all cooled down and will eventually go for samsung ;)

Most that were criticizing about not releasing the source codes of exynos and were planning a switch are also on hold.

Most of the people who were saying android is successful because of google are also mute as the sales of s3 are estimated to be around 60 million.

Those saying that nexus 4 is revolutionary and s3 has aged are feeling cheated.

Because now samsung has something that will be benchmarked close to a laptop. Something they will use to drive the android in their direction and something that will force google to accept that samsung made the android where it is today.

For people like me who get his hands on samsung for the first time getting a note, i still think that samsung has really gave me something that i needed in my life the most. Taking away all the junky bulk from me.

Wish samsung all the best with its new galaxy s4.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: motorkar1234

warfareonly

Dec 20, 2011
Mumbai
Finally those initially bashing s4 in the same post and were comparing it xperia Z, are all cooled down and will eventually go for samsung ;)

Most that were criticizing about not releasing the source codes of exynos and were planning a switch are also on hold.

Most of the people who were saying android is successful because of google are also mute as the sales of s3 are estimated to be around 60 million.

Those saying that nexus 4 is revolutionary and s3 has aged are feeling cheated.

Because now samsung has something that will be benchmarked close to a laptop. Something they will use to drive the android in their direction and something that will force google to accept that samsung made the android where it is today.

For people like me who get his hands on samsung for the first time getting a note, i still think that samsung has really gave me something that i needed in my life the most. Taking away all the junky bulk from me.

Wish samsung all the best with its new galaxy s4.

No, it means we are all searching for the lowest prices on the Z.Samsung can kiss my *** .

Ever heard of things called exams?

Without Google, no android and obviously, no S3.

Nexus 4 is revolutionary.S3 is a piece of sudden death crap.

Good for Samsung, but I have a real laptop. Sure, why not and Google just sat as the android OS went from 1.0 to 4.2.2

Yes, the most important thing in your life is a phone, way to go.

qazibasit

Mar 24, 2012
Ha the revolutionary nexus 4 with sound issue, battery drain issue, connectivity issues, back glass sudden crack crap and not furnished plain android with no extra features with crappy old apex launcher like stuff. Nexus 4 board is full of post discussing issues.

Cant compare the N4 with the SGN. Good luck with the junk.

Samsung with spen making ur phone a diary,
Multi window messaging and movies hand in hand.

Customer support good for people whonhad sudden death of their phones, a free overhaul from samsung ;).

Big batteries and replaceable ;)

Lots and lots of other stuff,

Plus thanks to the dev for giving us pure android experience time to time updates...

Only 1 million nexus 4 sold, truly a joke... made forbthe devs to make rom and nothing else.

Last edited:

zas311

Jan 14, 2007
If it uses the 8 cores there will be big battery drains... Its elogical.....

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

True but when the fastest processing is a must, the battery drain is not matter. You can also use the battery charger plugged in while it runs.

Sent from my GT-N7000

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

No, it means we are all searching for the lowest prices on the Z.Samsung can kiss my *** .

Good for Samsung, but I have a real laptop. Sure, why not and Google just sat as the android OS went from 1.0 to 4.2.2

Without the hardware experties of samsung google android would not beat iphone. motorola cannot. htc cannot. lg cannot. whoelse? google android became dominant thanks to samsung.

Sent from my GT-N7000

Reactions: qazibasit

Nicko80

Aug 29, 2012

Sony Z?...
Like I said before...the Sony Z screen its a crap...even before it cames out I said it...and if you go to gsmarena site and read the preview of the phone they say the same...sony bravia engine 2 its a crap....its the lowest contrast level in a HD screen...everyone will wait to see the S4 coming out....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

warfareonly

Dec 20, 2011
Mumbai
Ha the revolutionary nexus 4 with sound issue, battery drain issue, connectivity issues, back glass sudden crack crap and not furnished plain android with no extra features with crappy old apex launcher like stuff. Nexus 4 board is full of post discussing issues.

Cant compare the N4 with the SGN. Good luck with the junk.

Samsung with spen making ur phone a diary,
Multi window messaging and movies hand in hand.

Customer support good for people whonhad sudden death of their phones, a free overhaul from samsung ;).

Big batteries and replaceable ;)

Lots and lots of other stuff,

Plus thanks to the dev for giving us pure android experience time to time updates...

Only 1 million nexus 4 sold, truly a joke... made forbthe devs to make rom and nothing else.

I actually like the 'crappy' apex launcher like stuff. My buddy with the nexus 4 has had none of these issues.

Yes, it had always been my dream to be able to watch a movie half screen and message with the other, thus doing both jobs half-assedly .

That's what they owe the customer. Simply making up for the mistake doesn't excuse the fact that they messed up quality control for two generations of flagships.

My brother owns an Xperia Sola and its perfectly fine for the battery to be not replaceable by the customer.

Have you seen the amount of trouble they have to go through just to make the pure android experience ?

Maybe that has something to do with the device not being in stock. Google underestimated the demand and is flooded with pending orders.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Without the hardware experties of samsung google android would not beat iphone. motorola cannot. htc cannot. lg cannot. whoelse? google android became dominant thanks to samsung.

Sent from my GT-N7000

Releasing hardware across all price points does not point toward hardware expertise.The galaxy s3 mini is a very good example of that. If not Samsung, some other manufacturer would have stood up.Samsung was the proverbial early bird.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Sony Z?...
Like I said before...the Sony Z screen its a crap...even before it cames out I said it...and if you go to gsmarena site and read the preview of the phone they say the same...sony bravia engine 2 its a crap....its the lowest contrast level in a HD screen...everyone will wait to see the S4 coming out....

Yes, even before it came out you said it was crap, not really sending out a neutral none-biased vibe, are we? If you go to sites other than gsmarena, like CNET they're actually praising the Sony Z display. Also, a guy posted in the Sony Xperia Z vs all other phones thread in the z general section a picture comparison of an image in xz,note2,HTC one x and one other phone. Compared to the black crush in the note2, I'll gladly take the low contrast in the Z. Would save me from an over saturated screen, at least.
Obviously, who here will want to miss out on a high profile phone launch? I, for one, am looking forward to see if they manage to get all eight cores running at the same time. Hardware supports, but driver is needed. With Samsung's record of **** software, I wonder if it will become true?

Reactions: Reynaldinho111

Nicko80

Aug 29, 2012
If the S4 comes out with a screen like Sony Z ...I will not buy it...seriously I liked those samsung youm prototypes...maybe I will wait for those ones...

i9100g user

Dec 18, 2011
A bit OT but this could be Galaxy watch:eek:

sent from an Galaxy s3 GT I9300
Running perseus kernel 6 , XELLA 4.1.2 leaked build
:D xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1784401
Dont click,you might regret , I won't be responsible if you brick ur head

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360943586677.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360943586677.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 137

i9100g user

Dec 18, 2011
I will buy S4/n3 if:
1.has long battery life(1-2 days normal usage)(one thing other 1080p flagships lack)
2.Good 1080p screen
3.Good camera
4.exynos 5 soc
5.sd slot and removable battery:D
6.should feel good while holding:D
Other preferable things:
1.less flimsy back cover/tougher design
2.exynos 5410 octa for better battery
3.RGB sub pixel layout
4.good gestures features
5 around 7mm thick

qazibasit

Mar 24, 2012
I will buy S4/n3 if:
1.has long battery life(1-2 days normal usage)(one thing other 1080p flagships lack)
2.Good 1080p screen
3.Good camera
4.exynos 5 soc
5.sd slot and removable battery:D
6.should feel good while holding:D
Other preferable things:
1.less flimsy back cover/tougher design
2.exynos 5410 octa for better battery
3.RGB sub pixel layout
4.good gestures features
5 around 7mm thick

All this doesnt come in a 7mm package. It will still he 9 mm thick. Its the battery that makes the major thickness :).

Second about the cheap back cover. I am also fed up of their back cover. Well samsung phones are bigger in size so using any other material will make it very heavy. But i will still ask them to use metal. It sometimes get scratches, but the relief is that its still durable.

Rest u will get everything.

Guzmanus

Aug 8, 2010
Alicante
I can't see how you consider having a exynos chipset a good thing : if samsung doesn't release the sources custom roms will never be as good as in other phones with, for example, broadcom SOCs

i9100g user

Dec 18, 2011

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361025823166.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361025823166.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:

qazibasit

Mar 24, 2012
I can't see how you consider having a exynos chipset a good thing : if samsung doesn't release the sources custom roms will never be as good as in other phones with, for example, broadcom SOCs

Not releasing the sources is more a rivalry thing than open development. Samsung agreed to release the sources but latter due to google shifting its nexus manufactured and acquiring motorola, made samsung a bit reluctant to letting the devs do real progress on android. Rather they will facilitate the dev on its own OS.

I still remember samsung was considered good phones for dev purpose, because of its easy unlocking and rooting.

Nicko80

Aug 29, 2012
Hummm no oled screen ...no exynos octa core...a bit sad...it will look like a tuned S3....lets wait and see...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    While we all (read I) appreciate what the CM team and team Hacksung may have done, lets face it, they are a minuscule minority to Samsung. CM also does not offer anything revolutionary over what a standard device can do, (OK, so maybe the code and is cleaner and there's less bloat, but its just as easy to remove the bloat from TW), and in terms of the Galaxy note, it actually takes away some of the most useful parts.

99% of users never even root their devices, and for them, the Brickbug does not exist and never has.

It's hardly a good reason to never use another Samsung device...Especially since they really are ahead of the curve at this point.

Just my opinion.
    While we all (read I) appreciate what the CM team and team Hacksung may have done, lets face it, they are a minuscule minority to Samsung. CM also does not offer anything revolutionary over what a standard device can do, (OK, so maybe the code and is cleaner and there's less bloat, but its just as easy to remove the bloat from TW), and in terms of the Galaxy note, it actually takes away some of the most useful parts.

99% of users never even root their devices, and for them, the Brickbug does not exist and never has.

It's hardly a good reason to never use another Samsung device...Especially since they really are ahead of the curve at this point.

Just my opinion.

The simple fact is we arent part of the 99% that never root their phones. We are the ones who enjoy the freedom of customizing every little aspect and squeezing every ounze of performance out. Some (like myself) can't stand touchjizz and to say that cm doesn't offer anything revolutionary is plain ignorant. The fact that Samsung isn't keeping the promises they make and continues to string us along is disgusting. I was a Samsung fanboy for years but after this ordeal I won't be buying another Samsung phone until they get their act together. Maybe cm is a miniscule minority to Samsung but there are still thousands of us who come here, to xda, to tweak, tinker and get the most out of our devices and cyanogenmod plays an enormous role in that. As xda members we look for devices with dev support, you can have the most high end phone in the world but if the devs aren't given what they need from the manufacturers then what's the point in even being here? You might as well become an iSheep. I am another who will be picking up a Sony yuga unless Samsung has their **** sorted by the time they release the gs4. For a company that's fighting apple as much as Samsung is they're starting to look more and more like them every day

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app
    ^^^This.

I don't care if it's S13 with fantastic phone features, which also gives you a BJ in the morning. Never again a Samsung for me. Ever.
    I said it once never to buy a device from a certain company (it was Motorola), if i'd continue with that for the next 4 devices, i would have to go back to my old Siemens S4....

Lol so far Sammy is doing pretty well I don't know what's the hate xD.. As far as I can see from tw ux (LRT) on note it has become better and better not to mention the new features on JB.. Multi windows and etc features are WAY ahead of AOSP.. TW its how android should be anyways.. Who cares about a plain/boring /simplistic rom like cm10.. AOSP roms are closer to iOS than any other in boringness/featureless terms... Sammy its always innovating and bringing a whole new world of stuff on every release.. Come on.. Just compare any AOSP JB 4.1.2 to TW (beta) XXLSC... Even the lock screen on AOSP sucks.. Oh wait I want to unlock my screen aww where's the fking tiny little circle I gotta slide to unlock and hey where to? Left? Right? BS...
    "bloat" you don't even have to delete anything just hide it and that's it.. And you can always get a custom TW for any extra stuff.. But hey saying AOSP crap is anyway better than TW its plain dumb.. It's like comparing a stock subaru impresa with a rally twicked subaru impresa..

I got some friends with a nexus and when they saw my note on XXLS2 they flashed the TW add on and now they have nexus with TW just because it's beautiful

Yeah Google delivers a really good base to work with.. (AOSP) but hey let the professionals in business (multimillions companies) paying a crap load of money for innovation and revolutionary ideas do the job that's not for kids or benefisense... Rest its antagonism

Tapatalking on my n7000
    I have my own and personal opinions and will spread them whenever ever I want...

That's why I find myself scraping my shoes whenever I visit the general forum.